What's new

Combo List - Raiden The Official Raiden Combo Thread - All combos here

nugava

Noob
LCR is not the most complicated part of "online" combos IMO. I find the NJP after EX df2 harder... (But it's doable if I "p-link" 1 and 2 to get the NJP)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
LCR is not the most complicated part of "online" combos IMO. I find the NJP after EX df2 harder... (But it's doable if I "p-link" 1 and 2 to get the NJP)
Yeah, I've always p-linked 1 and 2 for njp. I play with input shortcuts off so I don't accidentally get interactables.

beep_ima_sheep

RIP Smoke
A thousand times this. I won't try it at all until I've played several matches to get a feel for the connection, and even then it's only when I'm feeling bold haha. What's p-linking though?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Updating new combo damage numbers tonight. Also, who here mains Displacer or MoS and feels they are doing max damage combos? I need your help.

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
i am but my stuff isnt too special though its in wonders thread. getting consistent 26% no meter off a trap or 35% with a meter or 39% in corner off trap. more meter than one off a trap is only another 5% and rarely worth it.

i think a big part of mos isnt necessarily damage sometimes youd rather end with less so you dont toss opponent full screen with shocker or can reset trap or drop a trap/ hard knockdown for orb. even simple njp f4 nets 20% and keeps better position. MoS definitely has reads to make and must stay a couple steps ahead at all times. Got anythin good skrone? Have we figured out how to get a orb to stay between rounds yet? lol.

Also for swag you can combo traps if you drop ex as one hits. they start scaling as full meter only nets 24 hits and 20% and gravity spikes so combo off it isnt much besides uppercut for 27% but its hilarious if winning easy to finish with lol. There may be more to this somehow but not sure yet.

Another thing, not sure yet if useful but is fun. if you hit a trap in corner, then ex trap to combo you can uppercut into that ex trap and get a nice one bar combo after.

Last edited:
I might as well post my combo here... It's not anywhere as elaborate as some of your combos, but for an easy 1 meter 34% (35% if you end in a grab), here it is.

b2, b2, mb df2, b2 (or grab for an extra 1%)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Updating new combo damage numbers tonight. Also, who here mains Displacer or MoS and feels they are doing max damage combos? I need your help.
Im going to be looking at MOS for my next vid. not sure if should go for max damage or max damage into orb setup. MOS seems to be about keeping the orbs on screen as much as possible.

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
mos is great i been postin stuff for days but was buried in section lol. oh well i know how it is here im not new. least theyre gone now. back to normal. regardless ill just keep adding stuff.

Last edited:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Im going to be looking at MOS for my next vid. not sure if should go for max damage or max damage into orb setup. MOS seems to be about keeping the orbs on screen as much as possible.
Whatever you think his best BnBs are. List max damage and orb finishers. They're most likely both important.

As someone that is trying to learn MOS well enough to call it my main... I will be anticipating this immensely, dude.

Am i the only one who thinks MOS raiden is pretty good ? I know some shit with him :D I think he is very strong and is overlooked

@TONY-T
Its an inexperienced opinion, because I'm pretty noob at fighting games in general still, but MOS seems like it has the most potential to me, IF you learn it well enough. Displacer has his teleport, and Thunder God has his extra combo damage, but MOS seems like it has the best set up potential. I like the idea of trading some bonus combo damage for some extra combo into new combo setup advantage.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Its an inexperienced opinion, because I'm pretty noob at fighting games in general still, but MOS seems like it has the most potential to me, IF you learn it well enough. Displacer has his teleport, and Thunder God has his extra combo damage, but MOS seems like it has the best set up potential. I like the idea of trading some bonus combo damage for some extra combo into new combo setup advantage.
Well mos obviously is based around the orbs and the set ups capable with them. I find that if you have time you must lay an orb down. This means that you only have to lay another one down not two. Midscreen I like to do of the overhead
b2 rc b14 ex electrocute
From the ex electrocute you imo can do three things
1)end with b111+3, this gives a free orb an makes space
2)end with b14 bf3 this allows orb and corner carry
3)end with b14 orb this gives pressure
Of the low do b33 ex electrocute and the same rules apply.
Always have an orb on the screen is the best hint. Don't be afraid to ex orb so two come out at once.
In the corner I sometimes do b2 b2 ex orb for set ups.
Any questions ? Just ask

Vaiist

Noob
I find that MoS isn't so much about combos and getting big punishes off your traps, but just about applying pressure in a different way. Sure, you want to be able to do that do, but utilizing safe strings and orb cancelling from fast startup moves throws your opponent's game plan off and forces them out of their natural rhythm. This is all it takes to really start applying serious pressure.

When I play MoS, f1, f2 (2+4), and 112 are my best friends. Assuming you have one orb out already, f2 (2+4) has insane range and you can cancel an orb out of it. It's also safe on block if you'd rather let them block, then throw out a f1 or a d1 and cancel that into an orb. Same with 112 - safe on block, so you have 112 f1xxorb, or 11xxorb. You're basically preventing them from doing anything they would naturally do when being pressured like that. They can't really try to punish, if they block you can just throw or try to read for overhead/low, and if they dash back they're just working their way right into the corner where you want them anyway. Getting traps out is pretty much a win no matter what - worse case scenario you trade damage and still get corner carry with a wakeup superman.

I'm squeezing out 27% meterless from traps and 35% with a bar, but ultimately I play MoS becuase of the mixture of offense and defense. You can just spam traps and make the person uncomfortable about getting in, or you can use them with his insanely good safe/fast strings and just apply relentless offense.

Last edited: