What's new

Combo List - Raiden The Official Raiden Combo Thread - All combos here

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
PS4 got the patch first and you would know if you have it because you have to install it.
Well something's wrong with the combo annotation because I am unable to land it. So I cut off the 2,1,3 and went into 2,1,4 and only got 46%...so something's off.
You're doing 2 separate combos because you're not properly linking B1,4 and 2,1,3_4 together. Gravity scaling means the character falls down faster the more hits in a juggle they take.
Got ya now, good man cheers.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Can anyone do midscreen lrc combos online? Or do you just corner carry then wreck them in the corner?

You must learn to do LRC combos with Raiden, especially after the patch.. both in the corner, and midscreen. They made him alot more execution heavy (especially corner combos), which can be a pain sometimes. Harder combos for alot less damage, therefore ive started to go for restand combos that end in fireball for a free (ish) mixup after.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Anyone have decent combos starting with EX Lightning bolt in Displacer? So far it seems to be the only combo starter that allows a normal teleport within a combo which is kinda cool.

EX LB (full screen), normal teleport, NJP .... then what, I'm not sure. I find it really hard to do the string f2,2+4, b14, superman after NJP. After 213 however, this string seems easy as hell to time. Any ideas?

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
Anyone have decent combos starting with EX Lightning bolt in Displacer? So far it seems to be the only combo starter that allows a normal teleport within a combo which is kinda cool.

EX LB (full screen), normal teleport, NJP .... then what, I'm not sure. I find it really hard to do the string f2,2+4, b14, superman after NJP. After 213 however, this string seems easy as hell to time. Any ideas?
If you somehow find yourself in the situation of landing an EX LB (which I think will be incredibly rare)...teleport, njp, 214 ex shocker b14 superman...Of course depends on if you have a 2nd bar for the shocker link.

You can also try ...teleport, njp, b14, ex teleport, 214 shocker or 213 superman. (213 superman requires good timing...it's not as easy to land as b14 superman)...don't think you can follow an ex teleport with b14 again because of the recovery + startup even w/ ex tp being too slow.

In displacer variation, there is no LRC so everything is linked via ex shocker or ex TP. Always burning meter but if you're teleporting around and playing a good mixup game, you should have no shortage of meter.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
still cant do a motherfucking LRC. one day
It took me awhile to get it down, and even still have a hard time if I'm not calm and relaxed.

The whole concept of the LRC is foreign to the dial-a-combo system in this game, IMO.

Most combos are: string, special, wait. Repeat.

With LRC, it starts off the same, but requires patience like a mofo NOT to press any buttons or directions until you visually confirm the LB animation.

It's like waiting for the gun shot at the beginning of a race. You know it's coming. You know you are fast. But the wait seems like forever. And when the shot finally comes (IE when you see the LB animation start) you have to bust out of the gate like the Flash to finish the combo.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
It took me awhile to get it down, and even still have a hard time if I'm not calm and relaxed.

The whole concept of the LRC is foreign to the dial-a-combo system in this game, IMO.

With LRC, it starts off the same, but requires patience like a mofo NOT to press any buttons or directions until you visually confirm the LB animation.

It's like waiting for the gun shot at the beginning of a race. You know it's coming. You know you are fast. But the wait seems like forever. And when the shot finally comes (IE when you see the LB animation start) you have to bust out of the gate like the Flash to finish the combo.
thanks im taking it 1 step at a time

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

THIS, that was the hardest part about learning LRC. Also, you're right, i do them better when calm and relaxed, if i mess up a couple times in a row i get a little frantic and my patience wears on the run cancel

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
i did it! fuckin twice actually! exdf2, b14, LRC, 214! when i seen the screen read 13 hits it blew my mind.
both times were from the right side but i did get all the inputs right from the left multiple times just not quick enough. thanks for everyones help

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Is anyone using f2,4 in a combo??

I was trying to work on strings that people don't tend to to use just to learn the moveset but f2, 4 looks like it could be used pretty well into shocker. Then again 214 shocker does more damage

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
f24 LRC f12b2 superman, possibly f24 LRC 214 superman

with thundergod
f24, LRC, 214 superman does 22%

Also i dont know if this has been posted yet or a video of it but: 1 bar
214, ex shocker, b14, LRC, 214 superman is 38% midscreen
214, ex shoacker, b14, LRC, 214 lightnignball is 37% corner for atvantage

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
34, b14~exdb1~db1, njp, b14~lrc, 214~df2....

This is one bar 42% or 43%, i can't remember.
Cheers, I'll give that a go.

Would you say that if you find it difficult to LBC, then just drop Raiden altogether? I find his LBC awkward compared to the rest of the cast.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Cheers, I'll give that a go.

Would you say that if you find it difficult to LBC, then just drop Raiden altogether? I find his LBC awkward compared to the rest of the cast.
If you can't do LRC I'd suggest playing a different variation. One of thunder god's biggest tools is his LRC