What's new

Combo List - Raiden The Official Raiden Combo Thread - All combos here

delbuster

hungry
LRC gives you extra meter gain, damage, and corner carry, as well as some of his best corner setups.

you can still use raiden's base tool set effectively but in order to really optimize TG raiden the LRC is needed. there are some easier LRC combos than others, so start with those first.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I updated my combo file with all the old and new damage. Might be useful to some of you.
These are the combos that I actually use online so there isn't a lot of LRC stuff.

Yea man thanks, are these the most optimized combos for offline also? I think I found my main.

I can't do LRC. Any advice? Can I play Thunder God without utilizing LRC?
The trick with LRC is you have to input b14 the higher they are in the juggle, it gives you more time to run cancel, the lower they are in the juggle the less time you have, try it with a NJ b14 LRC 214 DF2 should be the easiest.

Don't get me wrong its hell of hard at first specially if you're new to raiden, but after repetition ive managed to get it down in a couple of hours.

Low Blow

How far have you fallen?
I strongly encourage every Raiden player to learn Run cancels if you play Thunder God. Not only is it useful for damage but also mixups. It also means you can get your opponent into the corner off ANY hit, if you can run cancel it. After this tournament I have coming up I'll be putting up a tutorial vid on why it is important and why Raiden's should be using this tech.

I strongly encourage every Raiden player to learn Run cancels if you play Thunder God. Not only is it useful for damage but also mixups. It also means you can get your opponent into the corner off ANY hit, if you can run cancel it. After this tournament I have coming up I'll be putting up a tutorial vid on why it is important and why Raiden's should be using this tech.
all three variations, no raiden is complete without b2 run cancel combo as disp or mos midscreen

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Could someone tell me what the max damage combo in the corner off B3 is for 1 bar?

Also could I get the max damage 1 bar combo off of B3 if you want to end with a B14 LRC 21 reset?

Last edited:

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Thunder god midscreen 1 bar 40%

B2, RC, b14xxDF2EX, b14xxdb1, lrc, 214xdf2 or bf3.

This can also be started with 34 as well and do the same damage.

I'm not sure if he can get any higher midscreen with this anymore but 40% for one bar is still really solid.

The most i've gotten off of b33 is 37% which is still good. If anyone has anything that hits 40% off of b33 midscreen, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post it. If not i'm okay with 37% lol.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Could someone tell me what the max damage combo in the corner off B3 is for 1 bar?

Also could I get the max damage 1 bar combo off of B3 if you want to end with a B14 LRC 21 reset?
So far all i've gotten is 47% off of 1 bar in the corner starting with b2

infamy23

FireBeard
Yea man thanks, are these the most optimized combos for offline also? I think I found my main.
Nah those combos are not optimized at all.

I'm new to the character, so those are the combos that I feel comfortable doing online. I can do every combo in that list 100% of the time.

You can definitely squeeze more damage out of all of those, but it increases the difficulty exponentially.

As I get better as a Raiden player, most of those will get phased out for more difficult combos.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
lookin forward to it tony . as of right now i have settled on not doing max damage and ending in restand stuff.
thanks man. I am going to add some restand options in the vid too. As of now i'm just sticking to thunder god. I'll probably do a seperate video for Displacer and MOS.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
For Thunder God I've been sticking to

B2, B2, F12xxEXDF2, 21xxBF3 for 37% in the corner.

Easy to connect online too. I also mix up and use B32. I know B2 is super punishable but it's been working ok.

RM Truth

For Thunder God I've been sticking to

B2, B2, F12xxEXDF2, 21xxBF3 for 37% in the corner.

Easy to connect online too. I also mix up and use B32. I know B2 is super punishable but it's been working ok.
Absolutely learn the OS for B2 xx Shocker on block. I think it is necessary to play Raiden at the higest level.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Absolutely learn the OS for B2 xx Shocker on block. I think it is necessary to play Raiden at the higest level.
While b2 os is a very powerful tactic, saying it is needed to play at the highest level is disingenuous, IMO. Things like this are always claimed in FGs, yet are rarely true.

For example, up until @Pig Of The Hut got 2nd at EVO there are people that claimed Zod needed IAFB to compete at the highest level. The same was claimed in KI for Jwongs sabrewulf which lacked much of the "tech" other players had, yet he got countless top 8s and 3rd at EVO.

Jwong is repeating this so far, getting top 8s with raiden without using option selects and without using lightning bolt run cancels.

The point of this is, no matter how good an execution intensive tech is, there is very often players that will prove you wrong when you claim it is needed to compete at a high level.

delbuster

hungry
not even going to get into a semantic argument, but jwong w/ OS > jwong w/o OS. b2 OS is trivial.

side note, you can do b2 OS into exDB2 to be 0 on block and continue pressure game which is cool. sure it's a high but who isn't blocking overhead after the first hit of b2?

RM Truth

While b2 os is a very powerful tactic, saying it is needed to play at the highest level is disingenuous, IMO. Things like this are always claimed in FGs, yet are rarely true.

For example, up until @Pig Of The Hut got 2nd at EVO there are people that claimed Zod needed IAFB to compete at the highest level. The same was claimed in KI for Jwongs sabrewulf which lacked much of the "tech" other players had, yet he got countless top 8s and 3rd at EVO.

Jwong is repeating this so far, getting top 8s with raiden without using option selects and without using lightning bolt run cancels.

The point of this is, no matter how good an execution intensive tech is, there is very often players that will prove you wrong when you claim it is needed to compete at a high level.
I see your point, but you can't argue the fact that it changes Raiden's 50/50 game significantly There are not many characters with 50/50 options that lead to his damage, and are mostly safe. We will have to wait and see though, so for the time being, I will revise my statement to say that it is a strong tool that is worth learning.