What's new

Combo List - Raiden The Official Raiden Combo Thread - All combos here

TONY-T

Mad scientist
got around to recording the important 1 bar combos i know
(full corner carry off overhead, 54% corner overhead, 50% corner b32)

gonna assume that's the corner b32 50% you're talking about tony
Its not the same one. Just tried that one, it only does 37% now. Damn! they scaled Raidens damage hard! Gonna try my version now.

delbuster

hungry
rollercoaster of a day.

these are the max damage combos for 1 meter i can find in corner off overhead and low. switched from b32 which does very poor damage now to b33.

Scrub question..

How do you cancel Raiden's Elelectricity ball after the B13 string so fast?

I can cancel, but when I do it, I can't seem to cancel the run animation after pressing FF.

delbuster

hungry
so you are getting the ball charge to dash cancel? good, now you need to press block to turn that dash into a run, then you can do a move afterwards.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
the bnb off ex df2 is 31 from 37% he didnt really loose much, all the changes seem to be about 5-7 %

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So basically combos with late MB are ones that got hit the hardest. It was evident that something was wrong with their scaling at the very end.

Suddenly my comment about Cyrax goes up from half-joke to semi-serious :p

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
So I guess my questions now are if b11(1+3) is the better ender now? Also is it now more rewarding to end with the plus frames on b14 rather than end the combos for damage, especially regarding the low starters. Finally what does this mean for the other variations of Raiden? And by that I mean are the lack of better normals/tools/meter etc coupled with reduced damage the final straw for a chance at seeing the other variations truly flourish?

mrtom

Noob
Here is some MoS orb combos/setups I've been messing with. 34% Seems to be the max damage possible off an orb trap with 1 bar. I did manage to get 36% with 2 bars but it's obviously not worth it.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
rollercoaster of a day.

these are the max damage combos for 1 meter i can find in corner off overhead and low. switched from b32 which does very poor damage now to b33.

Damn, even more reason for me to bypass the Lightning cancel:

off of b2 you got 47% with it, I get 45% without it
off of b33 you got 40% with it, I get 40% without it

delbuster

hungry
yeah i found a 42% off corner low w/ 1 meter. looks like run only gives you 2 extra %.
i can't break 47% on corner overhead 1 meter. i've done like 4 different combos that end in 47% heheh.

found a good universal route. will post vid when its up
will post vid when it is up

delbuster

hungry

New route. seems optimal.
1meter overhead in corner = 47
1meter low in corner = 42
meterless overhead in corner = 40
meterless low in corner = 24, 27, or 28 based on how long you hold b32

tricky to do, but worth it imo.

infamy23

FireBeard

meterless low in corner = 24, 27, or 28 based on how long you hold b32
I don't have the patch yet so I can't test, but wouldn't this do around 28%? It's much easier than what you're doing. That F12B2 stuff after the 213 is very difficult (at least for me)

B32 213 F12B2[H] B14 DF2

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
I don't have the patch yet so I can't test, but wouldn't this do around 28%? It's much easier than what you're doing. That F12B2 stuff after the 213 is very difficult (at least for me)

B32 213 F12B2[H] B14 DF2
Looks good. Think you could probably fit an LBC 214 in there too if the f12b2[H] lifts you high enough.

delbuster

hungry
B32 213 F12B2[H] B14 DF2 does 25%

can't do a lightning run cancel into a combo they fall too fast. can probably reset though.

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
B32 213 F12B2[H] B14 DF2 does 25%

can't do a lightning run cancel into a combo they fall too fast. can probably reset though.
Damn didn't think gravity would be so heavy so early in the combo but it could be worse. Besides I'm thinking its more resourceful now more than ever to b14 cancel into the next mix up, pressure, or what have you. At least for the low starters.

infamy23

FireBeard
Christ almighty, that FBC into 214 is a pain in the ass for me, I've gotten it once all night.

Any tips on when to release RC into the 214?

Cheers
I've been practicing it for about 2 hours per day since Monday. It takes time.

You must wait for Raiden to completely form the ball of lightning before you input the run.

If you do it too early, there will be a small delay before he starts running, and this will cause you to release the fireball before the run comes out, or you just won't get your 214.

If either of these things is happening to you, then you are inputting the run too early.

If the 214 is coming out, but it's not combo'ing, then you are doing it too late.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I've been practicing it for about 2 hours per day since Monday. It takes time.

You must wait for Raiden to completely form the ball of lightning before you input the run.

If you do it too early, there will be a small delay before he starts running, and this will cause you to release the fireball before the run comes out, or you just won't get your 214.

If either of these things is happening to you, then you are inputting the run too early.

If the 214 is coming out, but it's not combo'ing, then you are doing it too late.
Yeah I get the FBC all the time, its just hard for me to hold 1 dash forward & hit run at the same time, while releasing 1 for the combo. Only been at it for around an hour so hopefully I'll eventually get it.

delbuster

hungry
so the reason why i dont like this patch is b/c i never had to RC into 2, only into f1. the combos i had were actually optimal with RC into f1. now i have to go into 213. what i do is hold 1 after db1, press forward forward block, then time pressing 2, all while trying to hold 1, then i release 1 to press it again for 213. took a while to get in my muscle memory, and im still not 100% on it. getting there though.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
so the reason why i dont like this patch is b/c i never had to RC into 2, only into f1. the combos i had were actually optimal with RC into f1. now i have to go into 213. what i do is hold 1 after db1, press forward forward block, then time pressing 2, all while trying to hold 1, then i release 1 to press it again for 213. took a while to get in my muscle memory, and im still not 100% on it. getting there though.
I'm wondering is it worth the hassle? I play online & if find it difficult to do in the lab with no lag, how hard is it gonna be during an online match.