What's new

The Mop Stop Special Edition: Scorpion Ban? Episode Feat: Pig of the Hut, REO, Tom Brady and m2dave

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
yes, i think it's called auto guard, and that only works if virgil's sword hyper is a true blockstring. i don't use him, but i assume it is.
in injustice, characters have combo strings with overheads and/or lows built into them, but most importantly, some of the strings can be interrupted. the reason they have the back to block mechanics is that it was nearly impossible to open someone up in mortal kombat. all they had to do was press a button and worry about high/low blocking. if they were to add auto blocking to injustice, it would ruin people's ability to actually land attacks.
It was only for Scorpion blockstring to teleport ya know?
I was in KOTH and Scorps destroyed.
If he can abuse the B2B system then there should be a way to level ground with him.
I'm just throwing ideas out though.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
yes, i think it's called auto guard, and that only works if virgil's sword hyper is a true blockstring. i don't use him, but i assume it is.
in injustice, characters have combo strings with overheads and/or lows built into them, but most importantly, some of the strings can be interrupted. the reason they have the back to block mechanics is that it was nearly impossible to open someone up in mortal kombat. all they had to do was press a button and worry about high/low blocking. if they were to add auto blocking to injustice, it would ruin people's ability to actually land attacks.
It was only for Scorpion blockstring to teleport ya know?
I was in KOTH and Scorps destroyed.
If he can abuse the B2B system then there should be a way to level ground with him.
I'm just throwing ideas out though.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
This whole thing is weird to me. I used to play Brawl, and the community banned Meta Knight after a lot of debate. He was leaps and bounds the best character in that game, though. I never thought I would see a community ban a character again, but pretty much all the commentary in this video has won me over for Scorpadorp being banned, at least for the 3 majors coming up.

Ban Scorpion till fixed. It's not salt or butthurt or whining. It's just math and mechanics. Scorpion plays by a different system than the rest of the cast. That is not what you want from a competitive game.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
GGA Slips is the only person so far in this massive thread who's made a legitimate counter argument.

Excellent analogy as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

no fucking way, are you like 17 and a half or something? that explains your attitude.
my attitude? when you actually learn who I am in person (ask some players who have been tournaments with me), then talk about my "attitude" lmao. One of the chilliest, nicest, and helpful players in this community. I dnt know if you followed mk9, but I am MIT (got top 8 at evo last year for mk9 and have placed top 8/top16 in numerous locals/majors). Before you assume something, make sure that assumption is actually reasonable.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
GGA Slips, not surprisingly, ST Claw was "normalized" in HD Remix (and as were Dhalsim, Boxer, and O.Sagat).

Besides, why is Scorpion considered to be OK and not pre-patch Deathstroke?

Malec

Noob
oh wow, i was playing a lot of tekken lately and was going to come back to injustice once Zod releases and now i read and hear all that scorpion bullshit, thats depressing.
you got my vote for banning scorpion until he gets fixed and i hope NRS IS going to fix this problem, because injustice is a realy great game and i dont want it to end up like mk9 or even worse.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
GGA Slips is the only person so far in this massive thread who's made a legitimate counter argument.

Excellent analogy as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
no he didn't. he just agreed that scorpion is scrubby and broken, but he should still be sent to evo anyways so we can witness more scrubbiness and brokenness. there is no legitimate counter argument. ban him.

22B

Noob
Doesnt marvel have like 10X more crossup bullshit than Injustice?

lol
You can sleep on half of them by chicken blocking or superjumping. You can OS a grab with your f.H, and your assist can sometimes protect you better than you can protect yourself. Simply put, your characters are characters, and then your team changes those characters. Pushblocking can also change what happens next in a fight. Will you cause your opponent to whiff and punish accordingly? Will you stave off some chip damage? Will you get punished for thinking it was okay to pushblock and ended up dashing?

Mind you, this is an Injustice forum. It's no place for a debate on which game is better (and I wouldn't pick a side either way; I dropped Ulti for a reason, just like I'm dropping Injustice for a reason). I'm just saying, if you're going to look at the aspects of a game, you should look at all of the aspects and judge it wholly. *shrugs*

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
GGA Slips, not surprisingly, ST Claw was "normalized" in HD Remix (and as were Dhalsim, Boxer, and O.Sagat).

Besides, why is Scorpion considered to be OK and not pre-patch Deathstroke?
Ryu, who was already top tier, got a fake fireball. Bison, also already top tier, got a fake slide and invincible wake-up attack.

There's a reason why everyone went back to Vanilla ST because the balances made no sense.

Regardless, the point I was making is that people learned how to deal with him. Not ban him.

Scorpion might NOT be ok. You guys might not be wrong. But banning him so soon is. And I don't understand why he's on the chopping block while others that are just as good if not better aren't. Other than the fact that we are being too lazy to figue out how to fight against him.

Its like ST players saying ban Vega because he's no fun to play against but since Old Sagat just does fireball and uppercut all day its fine cause we're used to it even though the way he does it is broke.

Makes no sense.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ryu, who was already top tier, got a fake fireball. Bison, also already top tier, got a fake slide and invincible wake-up attack.

There's a reason why everyone went back to Vanilla ST because the balances made no sense.

Regardless, the point I was making is that people learned how to deal with him. Not ban him.

Scorpion might NOT be ok. You guys might not be wrong. But banning him so soon is. And I don't understand why he's on the chopping block while others that are just as good if not better aren't. Other than the fact that we are being too lazy to figue out how to fight against him.

Its like ST players saying ban Vega because he's no fun to play against but since Old Sagat just does fireball and uppercut all day its fine cause we're used to it even though the way he does it is broke.

Makes no sense.
Vega barely has any 7:3 match ups according to this list. O.Sagat has several 8:2 match ups which is why he is soft banned in Japan. But my argument has nothing to do with ST and fun. In its current state, MB teleport does not belong in the game regardless of Scorpion's tier list status.

Besides, in this day and age, I ask you again, why does NRS consider Scorpion to be OK and not pre-patch Deathstroke?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Vega barely has any 7:3 match ups according to this list. O.Sagat has several 8:2 match ups which is why he is soft banned in Japan. But my argument has nothing to do with ST and fun. In its current state, MB teleport does not belong in the game regardless of Scorpion's tier list status.

Besides, in this day and age, I ask you again, why does NRS consider Scorpion to be OK and not pre-patch Deathstroke?
Yea. That list was when the game was fully fleshed out. Not a month after Vega appeared.

I say again, Scorp might not be ok. You could be right. But we wouldn't have banned pre-patch DS until we knew for sure.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I am neutral on the Scorpion issue but I just have 1 question:

If Scorpion should be banned from breaking blocking mechanics of the game then why wasn't Quan Chi?

general m2dave, I still believe the DS nerf was a dumb ass nerf that never should've happened, but i'll still play him :). And as far as the scorpion argument goes, I just hope he isn't blinding ppl from the other things in this game that need to be solved/fixed.

I am neutral on the Scorpion issue but I just have 1 question:

If Scorpion should be banned from breaking blocking mechanics of the game then why wasn't Quan Chi?
I think because quan had: sucky footsies, bad/slow normals, no legit wakeup, no legit armor move, never even got top 8 at majors, and had a bunch of bad mus (sonya, cage, lao, kabal, cyrax, etc.). But I get what you are saying though.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I think because quan had: sucky footsies, bad/slow normals, no legit wakeup, no legit armor move, never even got top 8 at majors, and had a bunch of bad mus (sonya, cage, lao, kabal, cyrax, etc.). But I get what you are saying though.

Yea 'cause apparently, the KryptoCouncil is saying that even if Scorp isn't top, the fact that he breaks the game's mechanics should have him banned.

Quan is the exact same issue.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Perfect Legend said:
We have players that have ulterior motives for him to be banned. I will name a few of them. Tom Brady, M2dave, Pig of the Hut and Reo.

Tom Brady can’t handle the speed of Scorpion.
M2dave hates anti-zoning characters.
Pig of the Hut just doesn’t understand him right now.
Reo knows I will be good with him.

Source.

LOL

AK Pig Of The Hut
Tom Brady

Jimmypotato "you're right about the community lacking work ethic, Playing Scorpion doesn't require learning any match ups at all, lol"

Best tweet right now.

Yea 'cause apparently, the KryptoCouncil is saying that even if Scorp isn't top, the fact that he breaks the game's mechanics should have him banned.

Quan is the exact same issue.
well quan was bottom tier, scorpion is top tier. That is the issue I believe ppl have with scorpion, and why they didn't care about quan chi (who needed meter to even do rune trap while scorpion can tele ppl without meter). I'm just saying what I've been hearing form many.