What's new

The Mop Stop Special Edition: Scorpion Ban? Episode Feat: Pig of the Hut, REO, Tom Brady and m2dave

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Yea 'cause apparently, the KryptoCouncil is saying that even if Scorp isn't top, the fact that he breaks the game's mechanics should have him banned.

Quan is the exact same issue.
But Quan Chi never had a get-in-for free move, everything he did was punishable. He actually has to work to land a hit on you. Does Scorpion has to work to touch you ? I don't think so.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
Wouldn't it be better if Scorps tele was a part of his trait (like Raven)?

-a hitting cross-up tele without cooldown is a bit much in a back to block game, adding it to his trait would give it some cooldown (ofcourse active and cooldown period should be adjusted)
-teleport won't ever be random, because the opponent can see when a Scorp player has the ability to teleport.
-teleport wouldn't be as fast, as trait has to be active first. Giving more room for zoning and interactables.
-it still gives the scorp player the ability to play tele mindgames.

Ofcourse, the rest of the character will need adjusting (damage, frames,...), but it will take out a lot of the randomness that is his teleport.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Great work guys.

I'm glad my and foxy's threads started the landslide of this topic.

I guess everyone was feeling the same but they were ultimately afraid of the back lash. I wasn't.
easy to not be afraid when you don't live in the same country as the majority

But never the less.... you def. started this :)

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
easy to not be afraid when you don't live in the same country as the majority

But never the less.... you def. started this :)
I'm in the unenviable position of not being taken seriously as an offline player because of my evo performance and circumstances before it.

There is nothing I can say if someone comes back and says something about my overseas record. But I'm making my voice heard, because I'm confident in my knowledge of this game.

I hope it makes a difference.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm in the unenviable position of not being taken seriously as an offline player because of my evo performance and circumstances before it.

There is nothing I can say if someone comes back and says something about my overseas record. But I'm making my voice heard, because I'm confident in my knowledge of this game.

I hope it makes a difference.
I got nothing against your knowledge :)

I was meaning more since the US doens't really "count" overseas stuff. Cuz we suck and are jackasses and the like.

Lets just say
MOre of the top players need to quit hiding behind their twitter accounts.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
finally. i've been saying this to tym scrubs all day.

i hope they send this to nrs.
I'm Pretty Sure, NRS is very aware of what is going on, it will be taken care off once more
+4 on Blocked MB tele instead of +9 would also prevent some stuff.
The character has one of the fastest jumps in the game, a move that is an auto crossup, gets him +9 on block, allows a jump or crossup, and all his air moves are under 9 frames. Well, is certainly a problem.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
I'm Pretty Sure, NRS is very aware of what is going on, it will be taken care off once more
+4 on Blocked MB tele instead of +9 would also prevent some stuff.
The character has one of the fastest jumps in the game, a move that is an auto crossup, gets him +9 on block, allows a jump or crossup, and all his air moves are under 9 frames. Well, is certainly a problem.
i'd like to think they're aware, but it's impossible to know because they aren't talking to us. they have their work cut out for them with this mk character. it seems he'll either have to be broken, or crap tier. there's no in between with his moveset.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ryu, who was already top tier, got a fake fireball. Bison, also already top tier, got a fake slide and invincible wake-up attack.

There's a reason why everyone went back to Vanilla ST because the balances made no sense.

Regardless, the point I was making is that people learned how to deal with him. Not ban him.

Scorpion might NOT be ok. You guys might not be wrong. But banning him so soon is. And I don't understand why he's on the chopping block while others that are just as good if not better aren't. Other than the fact that we are being too lazy to figue out how to fight against him.

Its like ST players saying ban Vega because he's no fun to play against but since Old Sagat just does fireball and uppercut all day its fine cause we're used to it even though the way he does it is broke.

Makes no sense.
He's on the chopping block because where as frost is fucked up she still lets you play the game

Scorpion doesnt

Kevlang

Noob
I absolutely love playing with Scorpion because of how cheap he is. I don't even feel like he has to follow the rules of the game because he has the Teleport out of jail free card.

For tournament play though, I don't think he should be allowed. The Teleport is far too cheap...

To be tournament worthy, and fit into the Injustice Engine, I think the Teleport needs to be removed... To compensate for the loss, make spear work like MK9, so it doesn't require meter to combo after, but meter burn can have armor, and hit overhead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 using Tapatalk

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yea. That list was when the game was fully fleshed out. Not a month after Vega appeared.

I say again, Scorp might not be ok. You could be right. But we wouldn't have banned pre-patch DS until we knew for sure.
Do you really think fleshing stuff out in injustice is brain surgery ??

I dislike the assumption that Capcom players want things banned. Capcom players go to tournaments despite knowing their are busted characters in both MvC3 and SF4, they just deal with it. People showed up for years in SF3 despite knowing they were probably gunna get bodied by a Yun.

Capcom players aren't delicate flowers.

Kevlang

Noob

-a hitting cross-up tele without cooldown is a bit much in a back to block game, adding it to his trait would give it some cooldown (ofcourse active and cooldown period should be adjusted)
-teleport won't ever be random, because the opponent can see when a Scorp player has the ability to teleport.
-teleport wouldn't be as fast, as trait has to be active first. Giving more room for zoning and interactables.

Ofcourse, the rest of the character will need adjusting (damage, frames,...), but it will take out a lot of the randomness that is his teleport.
Very interesting thought... I like the idea, but at this point, I don't think NRS is going to completely overhaul his design...

But I really like the concept of making his trait just be a safe teleport punch with cooldown. This would make his gameplay revolve around using his trait to extend combos rather than the nonstop J3~teleport mix-up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 using Tapatalk

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

I...that...wow...huh.
I'm kind of stunned. I never thought of this, but making the teleport restricted to being available only when his trait is up similar to Raven's would essentially contain it. You'd still have it during a match, but you wouldn't always have it meaning players wouldn't always have the match pace dictated by Scorpion having that tool at his beck and call to shut down most of the options in the game.

This is a really good idea IMO and I'm going to push for it to be trait restricted.

I dislike the assumption that Capcom players want things banned. Capcom players go to tournaments despite knowing their are busted characters in both MvC3 and SF4, they just deal with it. People showed up for years in SF3 despite knowing they were probably gunna get bodied by a Yun.

Capcom players aren't delicate flowers.
If one game is messed up why do all of them have to be? Maybe the Injustice community wants a game without characters that don't go by the rules of the game. Is that TOO HARD to believe?