What's new

The Mop Stop Special Edition: Scorpion Ban? Episode Feat: Pig of the Hut, REO, Tom Brady and m2dave

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
No because he wants another NRS game to fall and pl to win

We unified our protests and went to deaf ears. Mr wizard always complains that we can never speak as a unified group but when we do he does not listen
You are ignoring the 35 people who sent him emails saying dont ban him.

Maybe people who are actually going to EVO should starting sending him emails to ban him?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Well of course. But um just tryna keep some fair ideas for us AND Scorpion players simultaneously.
So we can avoid more problems. I just got into TYM.com like a few weeks ago. And despite the fact that I like it here. It's like the community is all of the sudden at each others throats or complaining.
I'm from the Marvel Capcom community as well. So if I'm using a bunch of comparisons with them then you can understand
yeah it's always like that here. if it wasn't for the good character sub forums, i'd be outtie.
scorpion players already cried when he got hotfixed. they said he went from high to mid tier, so there's no making them happy. what we need is for scorpion to play INJUSTICE, not mortal kombat.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
No because he wants another NRS game to fall and pl to win

We unified our protests and went to deaf ears. Mr wizard always complains that we can never speak as a unified group but when we do he does not listen
That's fucking bullshit. Pardon my French...but that really irritates me. If a Scorpion wins Evo OR if PL wins Evo using Scorpion...maybe as community we can disregard the win and just label the runner up the true champion. lol...I'm all for social ostracization in this matter. ;)

22B

Noob
*ejects disc*
*holds Injustice in the air*
*drops that shit*
*puts Marvel in disc tray*

It's been a while, old friend. I'm sorry for the way I left things between us. I thought you were terrible, I thought I was upgrading when I left you, but... I made a grievous mistake, baby. Will you take me back?

*game starts*
*all my settings still there*

BABY! YOU STILL LOVE ME! <3 I'll never mess with that triflin' ass Bitchjustice ever again, I promise.

Yeah I'm deciding to not go now, no need to pay 700 just to fly there with my gf if in the end I'll be beaten by scorpion, hope others opt out too
aww man :(, was looking forward to meeting you, but I fully understand your decision. Money isn't expendable and making trips isn't cheap. Well good luck at whatever tournament you decide to go to :).

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
*ejects disc*
*drops that shit*

It's been a while, old friend. I'm sorry for the way I left things between us. I thought you were terrible, I thought I was upgrading when I left you, but... I made a grievous mistake, baby. Will you take me back?

*game starts*

BABY! YOU STILL LOVE ME! <3 I'll never mess with that triflin' ass Bitchjustice ever again, I promise.
traitor!

..... i was actually thinking of doing the same thing.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
*ejects disc*
*drops that shit*

*game starts*

I can't see why everyone says Injustice is broken. When U.MvC3 is one of the most broken games. I'm not gonna lie. I live that game. I'm glad its still always a top tournament game :)
Someone I played on Injustice challenged me to Marvel.....
I wouldn't have guessed he used Zero May Die as a main team....

22B

Noob
traitor!

..... i was actually thinking of doing the same thing.
O, did I mention I started my game one day and it was corrupted? From lv78 to lv1 and all my unlocked Hero Card bits reset. The level I don't mind. I can't forgive the Hero Card. I broke my neck for Daily Challenge unlocks. No bueno.

But that's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

22B

Noob
I can't see why everyone says Injustice is broken. When U.MvC3 is one of the most broken games. I'm not gonna lie. I live that game. I'm glad its still always a top tournament game :)
Someone I played on Injustice challenged me to Marvel.....
I wouldn't have guessed he used Zero May Die as a main team....
I agree, Ulti is very busted. Having a team helps though. Zero May run into Haggar's D.Lariat assist and eat that touch of death LOL~

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
*ejects disc*
*drops that shit*

*game starts*

Doesnt marvel have like 10X more crossup bullshit than Injustice?

lol

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
yeah it's always like that here. if it wasn't for the good character sub forums, i'd be outtie.
scorpion players already cried when he got hotfixed. they said he went from high to mid tier, so there's no making them happy. what we need is for scorpion to play INJUSTICE, not mortal kombat.
Ok. What about this. Ultra Guard from U.MvC3?
You know when Virgil whips out Swords and starts telespamming you?
And as long as you don't block or push button the game with block random crossups for you? I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not. But blocking one string from one side to get my. ass whooped instantly from behind is hard sometimes lol.

ReZo

MKX
aww man :(, was looking forward to meeting you, but I fully understand your decision. Money isn't expendable and making trips isn't cheap. Well good luck at whatever tournament you decide to go to :).
I'll be there next year when I am more financially prepared. I couldn't afford it even if I did want to go now, too many things keep popping up. Car messes up, gotta fix that, got rent to pay, got grocerys to get soon, shit keeps piling up. Pet got sick spent 200 at vet for that.. list goes on

I'll be there next year when I am more financially prepared. I couldn't afford it even if I did want to go now, too many things keep popping up. Car messes up, gotta fix that, got rent to pay, got grocerys to get soon, shit keeps piling up. Pet got sick spent 200 at vet for that.. list goes on
heck that is life lol, i'm a senior this year in high school. I'm worrying about my ACT/SAT tests, AP exams, keeping grades up, getting a scholarship, getting into college. playing sports, clubs, prom, etc. lol.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Ok. What about this. Ultra Guard from U.MvC3?
You know when Virgil whips out Swords and starts telespamming you?
And as long as you don't block or push button the game with block random crossups for you? I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not. But blocking one string from one side to get my. ass whooped instantly from behind is hard sometimes lol.
yes, i think it's called auto guard, and that only works if virgil's sword hyper is a true blockstring. i don't use him, but i assume it is.
in injustice, characters have combo strings with overheads and/or lows built into them, but most importantly, some of the strings can be interrupted. the reason they have the back to block mechanics is that it was nearly impossible to open someone up in mortal kombat. all they had to do was press a button and worry about high/low blocking. if they were to add auto blocking to injustice, it would ruin people's ability to actually land attacks.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
heck that is life lol, i'm a senior this year in high school. I'm worrying about my ACT/SAT tests, AP exams, keeping grades up, getting a scholarship, getting into college. playing sports, clubs, prom, etc. lol.
no fucking way, are you like 17 and a half or something? that explains your attitude.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I wanna hear your opinion on this.
I think we are jumping the gun on this. Is Scorp cheap? No doubt. Does he break the pace and rules of the game? Obviously. Is he broken? Maybe.

Should we ban him because nobody likes playing against him and Reo bodied a handful of players on a stream?

No.

He is a high mobility low damage character. I've made this point in another thread, but this concept isn't foreign to fighting games. I'll give a clear example.

Super Turbo Vega is undoubtedly one of the 'cheapest' character in ST. He doesn't play by any of the rules. Zoning him is out of the question because of how fast is wall dive. He's hard to anti air because he's got the fastest jump in the game and his jumping fierce can beat even some anti airs. He has a flip kick which is good anti air and a good reversal. He has a vortex to where if it hits, you could guess wrong until you die.

Sound familiar?

Yet we don't see the Capcom players banning Vega. They all agreed the character plays by his own set of rules and everyone will have to learn how to fight against him.

This vid is an example of how we might have to end up learning how to play vs. Scorp.

Honda can't play his normal game. He can't headbutt because of wall dives and jump back fierce. He has to be careful approaching because the moment he lets his charge go (crouching) it means Vega jump off the wall and put him in a guessing game. Ultimately, he has to play Vega's game and beat him at it.

Do people like palying against Vega? No. He has a random factor that sometimes you just can't avoid and it sucks. Some players are really good but can't cope with the speed of Vega and they hate him.

But he has never been banned.

Is Scorpion in the same boat? Yes. Is it possible he's worse than Vega? I guess its possible. Do we know this for sure already?

No.

To me this is coming way too soon. Its like George W. Bush saying Scorpion possibly may be a weapon of mass destruction so lets get rid of him just in case. I agree with Reo that he's probably not even the best in the game. But I don't agree with banning him because we are too lazy to figure out how to fight him. To me Frost, Superman, Black Adam and Aquaman are just as broke as Scorp but we aren't banning them. If we are gonna invade Iraq then we should invade Syria, Iran and Pakistan as well.