What's new

The Mop Stop Special Edition: Scorpion Ban? Episode Feat: Pig of the Hut, REO, Tom Brady and m2dave

REO

Undead
You guys missed my point aswell...

I PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE to see any game, any character to be played like that. There is no need to downplay Portugal just because I've voiced my opinion when I'm entitled to it. Of course anyone around here, Portugal, plays to win and uses the dirt they can, but that doesn't mean I like to play like that or even watch games been played like that.

So yeah let's see how CEO and EVO will go with this Scorpion thing, I hope the TOP16 to be filled with Scorpions.

Now you are being a dick for no reason.

I play Scorpion because I play with the character since UMK3 for Sega MegaDrive.

If you mean the right way to play Scorpion is to j3 and spam TP/MB TB the entire match then you are right, I don't play like that.

Rofl of course it isn't the best special in game - BA MB Dive's +9 on block aswell and grants combos, BA regular db3/MB db3 are safe on block, being regular db3 ebing pusnished by Supermans super/Flash Sonic Pound are safe on block/NightWings Staff Spin MB is 18 on block, shit load of chip/Doomsday MB Venom is +6 on block with 14f startup, Earthshake is a low +1 on block.

Some examples of some good specials...but I know I know...TP crosses up and it's dificult to block/punish.

"BUT YOU ARE A NOOB YOU PLAY SORPION AND YOU KNOW NOTHING! BECAUSE SCORPION IS BROKEN AND HIS TP CROSSES UP AND LEADS INTO COMBOS THAT DO IN MAX 25% DMG!"

It's a great move that you can derp all around, preety much similar to Haggars Pipe.

Nah, dunno why are you playing like a dick but in any of my posts I haven't called anyone, low/mid/high/amateur/pro player, dumb.

Sorry man, but you have been ridding the bandwagon like most of the folks, I'm voicing my opinion and getting bashed because you disagree.

if uve been following anything ud kno that ceo is ONLY going to have 1 scorp main present.

pl is the only person goin that mains scorp

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
That is the truth, right there. The only solution is to take out his teleport or make it appear in front of the opponent, like Shazam's. Until such time, Scorpion should be banned from tournaments. And in MK10, bring back the Block button.
this is the ideal fix for scorpion, long with keeping the teleport mid, punishable, and no MB on block, but then the scorpion mains will just tell you it will break his character.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If this is in fact true, then the community needs to protest this and demand that he get's banned. It would be rather unwise (from a PR point of view) to allow such a controversial character to be legal just because a former Evo champ "writes a blog" regarding that Scorp is "fine". Also, not saying PL couldn't win with anyone, but it does seem rather suspicious to me that he would want Scorpion in....(perhaps he wants an easy ride to another Evo title...) much to the dismay of SO MANY top players rallying against this idea.
He didnt even read PLs blog. Honestly I only wanted people to go to Mr. Wizard because I knew he would say no.

*insert popcorn gif here*

REO

Undead
Noserfatu

I should have said "who are YOU to cherry pick", directed at the people wishing Scorp to be banned.

These are the people that spammed the forums for the first month of the game to "adapt" and "everyone has their dirt".

Now the game that was all about "dirt" needs is talking about bans handed out because they don't agree with a character for their various reasons (with varying degrees of validity). Maybe people should think more critically and reconsider who they listen to instead of allowing themselves to turn into a torch and pitchfork wielding mob.

the whole game of "dirt" when out the window when chars dirt got taken away via patches.

until every1 gets normalized the porthole rip of the game's dimension will continue 2 remain inconsistently fractured

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You guys missed my point aswell...

I PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE to see any game, any character to be played like that. There is no need to downplay Portugal just because I've voiced my opinion when I'm entitled to it. Of course anyone around here, Portugal, plays to win and uses the dirt they can, but that doesn't mean I like to play like that or even watch games been played like that.

So yeah let's see how CEO and EVO will go with this Scorpion thing, I hope the TOP16 to be filled with Scorpions.

Now you are being a dick for no reason.

I play Scorpion because I play with the character since UMK3 for Sega MegaDrive.

If you mean the right way to play Scorpion is to j3 and spam TP/MB TB the entire match then you are right, I don't play like that.

Rofl of course it isn't the best special in game - BA MB Dive's +9 on block aswell and grants combos, BA regular db3/MB db3 are safe on block, being regular db3 ebing pusnished by Supermans super/Flash Sonic Pound are safe on block/NightWings Staff Spin MB is 18 on block, shit load of chip/Doomsday MB Venom is +6 on block with 14f startup, Earthshake is a low +1 on block.

Some examples of some good specials...but I know I know...TP crosses up and it's dificult to block/punish.

"BUT YOU ARE A NOOB YOU PLAY SORPION AND YOU KNOW NOTHING! BECAUSE SCORPION IS BROKEN AND HIS TP CROSSES UP AND LEADS INTO COMBOS THAT DO IN MAX 25% DMG!"

It's a great move that you can derp all around, preety much similar to Haggars Pipe.

Nah, dunno why are you playing like a dick but in any of my posts I haven't called anyone, low/mid/high/amateur/pro player, dumb.

Sorry man, but you have been ridding the bandwagon like most of the folks, I'm voicing my opinion and getting bashed because you disagree.

Only 1 scorpion main will be at CEO but I guarantee this: Many top players will lose to no talent ass clowns w scorpions doing random ji3 bugged out broken bs

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
So I watched this whole thing and something that bothers me is: you mentioned the insane speed of J1 and J3. In the game with poor anti-airs why do you allow him to retain a jumping attack which is essentially a Morrigan's shell kick ?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
this is the ideal fix for scorpion, long with keeping the teleport mid, punishable, and no MB on block, but then the scorpion mains will just tell you it will break his character.
Can't we just make it slower? Along with Hellfire?
Look st Street Fighter. Back to block with teleport characters. Or characters capable of dashing through. (Ibuki)
Of course none have attack moves but at least you can see a teleport coming.
Unless Seth chucks a Sonic Boom before teleporting as well as Dhalsim Yoga Inferno and Teleport.
It's still not instant though

How many scorpions will be in top 16 at CEO? that is an interesting question, I say at least 2 for sure. AK Pig Of The Hut, do you think mr wizard will ban scorpion at evo? I'd like to know how he feels about the scorpion situation.

Look st Street Fighter. Back to block with teleport characters. Or characters capable of dashing through. (Ibuki)
Unless Seth chucks a Sonic Boom before teleporting as well as Dhalsim Yoga Inferno and Teleport.
Oni has HK and EX Slash attacks which cross up and knockdown. EX one leading into Ultra.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
that would be nice, but we'd still have the same problem of people holding down all match and not being able to move until scorpion does something so they can react to it. nrs learned their lesson with raiden's lightning fast teleport, which is why raven and ares' teleports have a lot of startup and recovery, but they aren't attacks.

edit: also, SF is a much slower game that's built around only footsies.

Pig Of The Hut

How many scorpions will be in top 16 at CEO? that is an interesting question, I say at least 2 for sure. AK Pig Of The Hut, do you think mr wizard will ban scorpion at evo? I'd like to know how he feels about the scorpion situation.
No because he wants another NRS game to fall and pl to win

We unified our protests and went to deaf ears. Mr wizard always complains that we can never speak as a unified group but when we do he does not listen

Vogue

Noob
Jebailey just posted on twitter he knows the character should be banned but wont ban until scorpion wins something. So everyone take your SCORPION week 1 or not to CEO.

EDIT: VXG considering BAN as well.

theres only 1 scorp main goin 2 ceo....

how many times does this need 2 be said?
uh i'm not blind LMAO and I already saw that you said that (but of course you assumed I didn't). Second thing, since scorpion is supposed to be as deadly as he is and that you can pick him up in a short time and beat top players, then it shouldn't completely matter if there is only 1 scorpion main going to ceo. If he really doesn't belong in IGAU, it'd improve the argument that many are making if some random scorps go to work on ppl at CEO. That is what I was saying.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy

We unified our protests and went to deaf ears. Mr wizard always complains that we can never speak as a unified group but when we do he does not listen
oh well, looks like tons of people will have to waste their money and travel all that distance and lose to a broken character in order to prove what we already know. evo's gonna be one boring ass youtube video with pl bashing the controller on his face and winning.
or wizard could pull a micro$oft and change his mind at the last minute.

well that is dumb, if we are coming together as a community to make a decision, then he should definitely listen to it. I see eventhubs posting stuff about what top players are saying about scorpion, what rchunsan (the scorpion who won SEAM in china) said about scorpion is being shown. So he should definitely be listening to us.

Pig Of The Hut

well that is dumb, if we are coming together as a community to make a decision, then he should definitely listen to it. I see eventhubs posting stuff about what top players are saying about scorpion, what rchunsan (the scorpion who won SEAM in china) said about scorpion is being shown. So he should definitely be listening to us.
where is the china man's scorpion statement?

ReZo

MKX
oh well, looks like tons of people will have to waste their money and travel all that distance and lose to a broken character in order to prove what we already know. evo's gonna be one boring ass youtube video with pl bashing the controller on his face and winning.
or wizard could pull a micro$oft and change his mind at the last minute.
Yeah I'm deciding to not go now, no need to pay 700 just to fly there with my gf if in the end I'll be beaten by scorpion, hope others opt out too

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
that would be nice, but we'd still have the same problem of people holding down all match and not being able to move until scorpion does something so they can react to it. nrs learned their lesson with raiden's lightning fast teleport, which is why raven and ares' teleports have a lot of startup and recovery, but they aren't attacks.

edit: also, SF is a much slower game that's built around only footsies.
Well of course. But um just tryna keep some fair ideas for us AND Scorpion players simultaneously.
So we can avoid more problems. I just got into TYM.com like a few weeks ago. And despite the fact that I like it here. It's like the community is all of the sudden at each others throats or complaining.
I'm from the Marvel Capcom community as well. So if I'm using a bunch of comparisons with them then you can understand