What's new

The MKXL Bug/Glitch/Issue/Stability Reporting Thread

PwnStar

Noob
Already been somewhat mentioned but I'm shedding more logic on it. So a few characters have moves that allow them to go through clone without shattering it, as in they just flat out negate its hitbox. The most common example is Raiden's Superman move. It will ignore clone anytime Subzero is close to the clone, whether it is blocked or hits. This suggests that either some moves are glitched inherently to ignore hitboxes or more likely that if a move with an absurd hitbox comes into contact with the clone and subzero in the same frame, it will negate clone's hitbox. HOWEVER, if the character leaves the clone's hitbox, it will reactive. This was observed when I made a clone, Raiden Superman'd through clone and was blocked, popped in the air from being blocked (leaving the clone's hitbox), and then being frozen on the way down when he retouched the clone.

This REALLY needs to be fixed. I'm ok with armor, back teleports, and multi hitting projectiles punishing clone...but this is ridiculous. Raiden sometimes gets frozen and other times not and it becomes VERY inconsistent to determine if clone will work or not. There's no reason why a full screen non-EX Superman should punish clone. (Also Raiden in general could use some hitbox adjustments since he might as well be a Marvel character with how disconnected his hitboxes are from where his hands actually are...or at least make some lightning animation to dictate where the hitbox really is)

PwnStar

Noob
Lol so Mileena and Raiden cheat clones like mother fuckers...ugh. I'm hoping those are patched. I don't mind characters having options to punish clone, but these ones clearly seem like glitches and these characters should not be winning that tie.

Xbox one
Krypt

There is a door in the krypt that you must open using a sequence levers, pulling then at in terms of the amount of spiders below them (iirc 4132) however the bottom 2 levers with would be the 1 and 2 won't let me to pull them.
has this been fixed? its still not working for me

heroth

Noob
Found some weird stuff with shinnok's damage in the imposter variation. When he holding a stolen move (works for all characters/variations) for whatever reason shinnok deals an extra 5% with the dark magic string (1123) as well as his Xray, but this damage buff goes away after doing the Xray cutscene even though you are still holding a stolen move.
video is a quick compare/ contrast, dark magic noramly does 15%, bumps to 20% after stealing a move, and goes back to 15% after Xray. For Xray: with a stolen move it does 40%, or 35% with this glitch/ without a stolen move (not that you are going to be doing 2 Xrays back to back in a single round.)
Ending the round doesn't fix this bug, only spending the move and then stealing again does.

Edit: as I am posting this I realize I need to check if getting xray'd and it going to the cutscene also gets rid of the damage buff. I think it does but I need confirmation.

Playing on PC version, with no 1.02 patch yet:

Minor bug(?) with Impostor Shinnok's teleport on cornered opponents: he can't do the front teleport. Normally, this isn't really a problem since his behind teleport either puts him above the opponent, from where he then falls in front of them, or it just puts him in front of the opponent if done low enough and since he turns around when you do his air normals. However, against Sub-Zero, if you freeze him standing in the corner and try to teleport for some meter before continuing the combo, you end up behind him and push him out of the corner. Oddly, you don't end up behind Sub-Zero if he's frozen airborne or behind Quan Chi if you Trance him and let him walk into the corner. If you try to jump behind frozen Sub-Zero to push him out of the corner and then teleport, you end up about two character lengths away no matter which teleport you try to do unless you wait until just before you hit the ground, which leaves you with no time to attack on the way down. This issue of only being able to teleport two character lengths away also happens whenever the opponent is just barely not in the corner and you are against the wall; for example, when you jump over any opponent (as long as they are either standing or large enough while crouching) in the corner and then teleport just as you start to push them out of the corner, or when you are above a cornered splattered opponent and facing away from the corner, or when you jump over a cornered Kung Lao and teleport as he spins.

Another minor bug: There are some odd things happening in practice mode if you make a recording, switch to playback, then switch to custom or AI and back to playback; the game sort of mixes both the playback and the previous setting. For example, making a recording of a crouching dummy, then switching to custom and having the dummy on always block, then switching back to playback will have the dummy do the recording, but it will "instant" block any attacks if possible, and will also be able to block overheads while crouching. Another amusing example: switching to AI and then back to playback will leave the dummy as the normal AI, but the AI is somewhat forced to do the recording's inputs, though it can seemingly add others as it pleases and do impossible things like attack while holding block. The input display for the dummy during these glitches is very bizarre as well, repeating recorded individual inputs multiple times in a row in bizarre patterns and/or displaying 6+ directions being input simultaneously.

Also, though I don't think it's a bug: Shinnok's air attacks hit mid if done right after he teleports. (Pretend it is and buff it, NRS :DOGE)

Lastly, very nitpicky, but Kung Lao's Tempest variation's "Tornado" is listed as "Spin" in the reversal/wake-up settings.

Found some weird stuff with shinnok's damage in the imposter variation. When he holding a stolen move (works for all characters/variations) for whatever reason shinnok deals an extra 5% with the dark magic string (1123) as well as his Xray, but this damage buff goes away after doing the Xray cutscene even though you are still holding a stolen move.
Not a bug. The damage buff lasts 10 seconds.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
The icons for Reptile's variations in the player kard don't follow the standard bonuses. While others add 10/25/50/100 koins per match win respectively, reptile's will add 25/50/100/10, or even 0 for Noxious IV. I don't know if they're only text-based or actually give the wrong amount of koins.

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I'm not sure if this goes here, but I can't unlock the Perfectionist Kombat Kard set. The only QTE event it says I'm missing is Sonya's. I've played her chapter 3 times and done the QTE perfect trying to unlock it but I'm not having any luck. is there something I'm missing?

can anyone explain me how the ranking system leaderboards work? I was ranked top 10 with 380 wins / 11 losses as Takeda in 1vs1 ranked
but I tried to play some other characters in 1vs1 ranked and I lost all my progress, now my win ratio is 17/4 with another character
is this a glitch?

does that mean whenever I use another character my leaderboard ranking gets reseted? hm

kaseyk

Noob
liu kang dualist light stance yin bug and major problem with dark orbs in certain stage corners .
video explains it

this may give reason to use the training room stage as tournament standard . i would be surprised if liu kang dualist is the only character/variation to get shaft from solid corner interactable .

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
So since day 1 I've had trouble playing this game online. When I was in rooms, connecting to people would take forever, same with finding someone in ranked matches. But now, I cannot connect to ANYONE unless they are inviting me to a private game. I can't find anyone in ranked matches and playing people in rooms doesn't work cause connecting with them will always fail. Oh, and I also cannot invite anyone, not even my friends. I always get stuck in the invite players/friends screen and then it says something about the connection being lost or that I'm not even connected to the internet when I clearly am.

At least on day 1 I was able to play people, even if it took long. But as of right now, the online segment of the game is close to unplayable for me. This is insanely frustrating and needs to be fixed asap! Anyone else experiencing this?

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Bro i have the exact same problem at the moment.
Besides that people always decline the quality of the netcode seems to be worse. The last patch made the game pretty awesome. but now it is almost impossible to have a lagfree fight online. I havent got a single rank match yet thx to this lame online mode.
They said" yo this is gonna be usf4 quality" -.- my ass

Totally disapointed so far i mean it is next gen and the online seems to be the same old shit

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
It has actually been very random for me.
One point yesterday i was playing people like back to back. Then other times it would either say "Opponent found" but it was just sit there as just that. Or other times it wouldnt find anyone as if it didnt try. But the matches are often smooth. It may be the ISP as well. My friend I've played online against since UMVC3Vhave always had amazing online play. Tbis game is shifty.

Thats not even the annoying part. Its you damn people who play one match and leave, whether win or lose. Can we please gain some experience? Now i gotta do the waiting game again.
Or people that just sit in the lobby holding player matches up -_-

TLDR

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
It has actually been very random for me.
One point yesterday i was playing people like back to back. Then other times it would either say "Opponent found" but it was just sit there as just that. Or other times it wouldnt find anyone as if it didnt try. But the matches are often smooth. It may be the ISP as well. My friend I've played online against since UMVC3Vhave always had amazing online play. Tbis game is shifty.

Thats not even the annoying part. Its you damn people who play one match and leave, whether win or lose. Can we please gain some experience? Now i gotta do the waiting game again.
Or people that just sit in the lobby holding player matches up -_-

TLDR
Bro i totally feel you. Thx to those idiots who have nothing better to do then just sitting in lobbies doing nothing i spend more time looking for an opponent instead of playing.
They always decline or dont answer at all this really pisses me off. And wtf when they dont want to play a lot why dont they at least give us a bo3?
Damn these people nowadays.

Only excuse is a very very laggy game

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
It's not that my connection with other players is bad, it's actually good most of the times. The problem is that the game simply won't let me connect to anyone. Not in ranked, not in rooms and it won't let me invite friends. I don't think this is a netcode problem because like I said, when I'm playing I have a smooth connection. Even cross region play is fine.

Killusion

Stream addict
I just wish people wouldn't leave after 2 or 3 games in versus rooms.
Finding a new opponent takes forever, so I really enjoy people who want to play longer sets. Just yesterday I played against a decent Reptile: I beat him once and then he beats me, both matches close. I'm thinking like wow this guys pretty good, I want to play more. And then he just leaves, after those two games. I mean come on, so irritating. I seriously need to find training partners lol.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Bro i totally feel you. Thx to those idiots who have nothing better to do then just sitting in lobbies doing nothing i spend more time looking for an opponent instead of playing.
They always decline or dont answer at all this really pisses me off. And wtf when they dont want to play a lot why dont they at least give us a bo3?
Damn these people nowadays.

Only excuse is a very very laggy game
Well hopefully this isnt a permanent issue or a long running one.
Id like to at least have a choice of who to play like you have the choice in SF matches. Especially if im running into the same guy declining nonstop. Or just holding the match up.
Who buys an online fighting game to decline all matches.?
The one and outs are literally the most annoying. Win or lose. I get my ass kicked nonstop. I still enjoying the fighting part regardless. Idk. Thats just me.

Honestly i never had bad matches online in IGAU really. I hope they figure out how they worked that game. Instead of nerfing everyone to hell.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I think you're all missing the point. Let me explain further. So let's say I'm in a room and this guy is inviting me to a game. I accept and the game is gonna try to connect for like 30 seconds, then says failed to connect. The very same player later invites me to a private match outside of the rooms and low and behold, it works fine. But the game won't let ME invite HIM to a private match. Why? I have no damn idea. It can't be my connection not being good enough or whatever, doesn't make sense when I can play people from another region just fine. This has to be a problem with the game.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Silly question about online... When you see your bars... Is that what it really is or what it is to you... Like does it show what other people see or is it based on if you played yourself...
Because I tryed to play online last night and everyone declined but it shows me I have all green bars... Wondering what it was...