What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I have the issues on the player 1 side. Player two side its still a pain but its not as bad really. rip anyone that has dbf motions

JnTonioo

Yurp
That isn't the problem
then damn but true i dont really like the d pad for ps4 and im hearing the hori fc4 is good but when i do jip i use the joystick an then switch to the dpad to finish the string i might get it and just adjust to not having a joystick do u jip with joystick or on pad?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
then damn but true i dont really like the d pad for ps4 and im hearing the hori fc4 is good but when i do jip i use the joystick an then switch to the dpad to finish the string i might get it and just adjust to not having a joystick do u jip with joystick or on pad?
I've done the same to make up for the pad... But you will come to trust the hori and get used to no stick... And it works out better and faster in the end...

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
My only gripe with the ps4 pad is that the buttons are so flat I tend to press them harder and now my thumbs have been sore all week lol.I have the Qanba Q4 fight stick, which is compatible with 360, PC, PS3/4 but I'm screwed as far as xb1 is concerned

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I'm having such inconsistency problems with NRS command grabs on the new PDP MKX pad and it's infuriating as a lifelong grappler main. I honestly don't even know what to do at this point.

I played injustice on ps4 for quite a while and now have been playing a ton of mkx, and have had absolutely no problems like this, also spent a fair amount of time with GG:xrd as well

Jimbo

Noob
I am using a 360 pad on pc. It can be so annoying. At least I can do ducking sub slide without my thumb ever leaving the down button lmao

Chris g also said the ps4 pad is trash. I'm surprised that it is. I've never used one.

d3v

SRK
Wolfkrone, possibly America's top pad C. Viper player, swears by the DS4 and prefers it to his former combination of DS2+converter.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
As far as current pads go, I've been having a decent time with the MK X PDP pad.......though it didn't start off that way.

After one week of use, my Square button crapped out. Barely registers an input anymore. So what I went ahead and did for this Week 1 of tournaments / games is that I remapped the buttons in-game so that everything is moved over one column to the right. For example: my 1 input now is where most people's 2 input is, my 3 input moved over to 4, etc.

I've been having much better success since doing this. As far as the d-pad, it's felt like a nice d-pad to me. Though the corner of my left thumb has been sore for the past few days, lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Pig Of The Hut

As far as current pads go, I've been having a decent time with the MK X PDP pad.......though it didn't start off that way.

After one week of use, my Square button crapped out. Barely registers an input anymore. So what I went ahead and did for this Week 1 of tournaments / games is that I remapped the buttons in-game so that everything is moved over one column to the right. For example: my 1 input now is where most people's 2 input is, my 3 input moved over to 4, etc.

I've been having much better success since doing this. As far as the d-pad, it's felt like a nice d-pad to me. Though the corner of my left thumb has been sore for the past few days, lol
This pad to me sounds like im constantly one missed input / one broken button away from "HULK PIG PAD SMASH PAD" because i lost due to a dead button mid match

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
if i dont have this solved by may 5th im going to have lost my f ing mind
lol, fair enough.

What you COULD do is try your luck with the MK X PDP pad. If you can find one at a Gamestop, they have a 30-day full refund return policy on all new accessories that have been opened or unopened.

Pig Of The Hut

Gummo made it for me back in January, I needed one for GG XRD, the DS4 sucks.
So we agree

he last told me he is waiting on new decoder boards and they should be in this week

So how is his converter an why dont you use ps2 pads still? Does the 8 min automatic logout thing happen w his conveters?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
At first I was having a difficult time getting my bf inputs to come out, but after a while I've gotten used to it and now I'm not having any problems with the ps4 pad.

C-Sword

Noob
So we agree

he last told me he is waiting on new decoder boards and they should be in this week

So how is his converter an why dont you use ps2 pads still? Does the 8 min automatic logout thing happen w his conveters?
The authentication isn't needed, it was made using the Hori PCB, plus if you use that PCB, the home button is enabled on both the PS3 and PS4. I prefer the Hori Pad for MK.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
So we agree

Lockout does not happen with the convertor because you are connecting to the system via a licensed ps4 pad.

He probably isn't using a ps2 pad cause he's old school like me and prefers 6 face buttons with saturn like dpads.

i showed up to a ps3 mk9 tournament with a ps4 controller, it took a month to get used to a while ago but i love how its larger and heavier, i dont know what everyone else is experiencing?