What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
My thumb is too big for the d pad, so the fact that it's not spaced that far makes me press 3 or 4 buttons at once. I just use ps3 pad on PC.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
wow.i had made the decision a while ago that the ps4 was the console for me regarding mkx,this decision was made mainly on the love of previous sony pads.i'm glad I've held off on the purchase now,looks like I'll continue to patiently wait for more information and options.thanks for the info gents.

JnTonioo

Yurp
I've done the same to make up for the pad... But you will come to trust the hori and get used to no stick... And it works out better and faster in the end...
then im goin to get one im planning to go to ceo this year is the hori fc4 a converter for example can it be played on ps4 and xbone or just ps4?

Spooky Deadeye

Project-6 β
Every D-pad to me is all the same. Just got to get used to it, then it will be easy as a cakewalk.
Well, maybe the 360 D-pad sucks balls.

Last edited:
Dude this pad could be ok if the freaking trigger buttons wouldn't get jammed. Both of my controllers RT are jammed and im forced to use r1 as block/mb smh. Its annoying

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
then im goin to get one im planning to go to ceo this year is the hori fc4 a converter for example can it be played on ps4 and xbone or just ps4?
Out the box it's ps4/3...there is one you can get for xb1/360...not sure if it will convert though...

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
KP

> has small hands
> Still absolutely loathes the DS4

XB1 pad is far superior, no contest in my book and I've spent plenty time with both.
But PDP MKX pad is doing me wonders, got it for both systems.

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
I am on my phone but read the OP, and few replies. Are we talking the PS4 dual shock 4? Or the MKX pad?

Last edited:

SCMunnerlyn1

You should have respected my Authoritah!
Im also playing raiden as well as kung jin. I have issues not with b f. But with d b with my specials and with u f when playing from the left side to jump. I have 3 controllers so its not any one controller. Its quite weird.

Hitbox.

Being a fellow guitar player the left hand dexterity is already there. It'll take time to adjust and relearn certain things. But, it sounds like getting a new controller is going to take just as much time for you. Just another option to throw at ya.

I too have large hand. Those little made by Asians for Asians controllers are just as bad as working on an Acura engine, small and compact.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Lockout does not happen with the convertor because you are connecting to the system via a licensed ps4 pad.

He probably isn't using a ps2 pad cause he's old school like me and prefers 6 face buttons with saturn like dpads.
Via the chip he puts in the converter ?

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Empty jumps happen a lot even when my intentions were to jump forward for a combo or jump back or neutral jump punch in the middle of a combo, instead I get a point blank straight up empty jump. I think that's what this topic is about? I don't ever remember having that input problem with my PS2 Controller.

jmt

Noob
33 years in and changing an instinctive way I've been doing things because of newly bad design of a product is not a good idea

How about they stop changing what isn't broken
Yep, people don't get it. Been playing for 23 years and I'm trying to learn MKX on stick and it's funny when people try to tell me how to set up my buttons or do moves.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hitbox.

Being a fellow guitar player the left hand dexterity is already there. It'll take time to adjust and relearn certain things. But, it sounds like getting a new controller is going to take just as much time for you. Just another option to throw at ya.

I too have large hand. Those little made by Asians for Asians controllers are just as bad as working on an Acura engine, small and compact.
All negatives on KIA motor cars is

-small head room head rest lol

The only problem I have with the DS4 is that the D pad itself is annoyingly big and loose. Makes it so damn frustrating to slide back and forth to do inputs. And don't even get me started on 3 inputs...

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I started playing this game with a Q4 stick and it worked fine and then tried using my old ps3 madcat fghtpad, also ok but 2 issues didn't feel like I was getting enough response from the two and also you have to have a PS4 pad on at all times to use the older controller, since Sony is too damn greedy or lazy to just install a proper driver for them. I switched back to PS4 pad and I'm getting use to it finely broke my dumb habit of hitting the stupid touchpad anyone use the new MKX pad yet

Leading up to MKX All I heard about was how amazing this ps4 is, well I tried it and became to question my hands.

I'm 33 years old, been playing fighting games since I was 10 and not ever, not even the xbox 360 pad, the 3d0 pad for way of the warrior, any arcade stick have I ever NEUTRAL/BACK/FORWARD jumped so much in my life when attempting to do a back forward 2 input or motion.

This has gotten so absurd that ,like I've responded to many of u asking me for game on ps4, I don't even wanna turn the system on because it's a waste of time till I get a ps2 pad converter or an actual d pad that isn't complete trash.

I'm making this thread to complain and express my displeasure in this trash pad but also to give others a place to feel at peace who are asking themselves "is it me, am I this terrible at a fighting game, why can't I do simple inputs" peace they deserve

I'm here to tell you it's not you at all, Infact it's the gnomes who work at Sony who designed this pad for shinnok's Bone hands rather than grown young men and women or adults w normal sized thumbs and arcs on their hand.

If u love this pad and it works well for you let me know too, if you hate this pad as much as I do express it here.

Now with every rant I always like to have a suggestion locked in. I've been waiting on GUMMO for 2 months for a converter and he says this week he will be able to make it, but I'm willing to paypal immediately anyone any amount if they can guarantee me a lag less ps2 converter shipped to me today. Plz for the love of god help me before I throw this ps4 pad outside a window hitting a small car, maybe a smart car/Prius model, driven by a person w small hands (possibly a leprechaun) who may be able to take this pad off my hands and forget about the dmg I caused on her car.

@chemist4hire i hear you're a smart man, are you able to help or know who can?

Whoever wants to get into the business of making these new converters for people like me I'll advertise the ever living crap out of you on every social media site I use to give u business.

So who all is having similar problems w this stupid ps4?

I have zero plans to enter locals w this turd or if I do enter it won't be w my main until I can play w him how I need to be able to w a pad that works.

Today I need to find a character w no BF motions FML

-rant off
I was having trouble until I practiced for a few minutes

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I've been playing on DS4 for over 6-7 months now. I had instant execution increase and less drops. I mainly play Skarlet. I have normal size hands but kinda bulky fingers. But i do have to say that at a times unwanted shit happens. However in overall I see DS4 as a better controller then DS3, DS2. I am not sure how long will it last though...