What's new

The MKX PS4 pad Depression Thread - This pad is a problem

Are you experiencing the same issues w the ps4 too?

• Total voters

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
PS4 pad works perfectly fine, I switched over from stick to ps4 pad and am glad for it.

Looks like you are just getting old grandpa, time to leave the fighting games to us 31 year olds.

I'm not having any issues with it.

It must depend on how big your hands are. I have pretty small hands and it feels really comfortable and the d-pad feels good on the ball of my thumb. PS3 d-pad on the other hand hurt like a bitch after a good 30 minutes of play.

NurzBenny

Old Member
R u right handed?
Indeed I am. I'm a stick player, so might make no difference but I played a lot of MK9 on PS3 pad, as jax, alotta superman back forward motions. It's probably my favorite motion. I'm an individual button presser.

I have dabbled with the ps4 controller in this game for shits and giggles, kinda think it's hot garbage too (for this particular game). Not in the omg this is the worst thing ever kinda way; it's more than functional, just not optimal.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Indeed I am. I'm a stick player, so might make no difference but I played a lot of MK9 on PS3 pad, as jax, alotta superman back forward motions. It's probably my favorite motion. I'm an individual button presser.

I have dabbled with the ps4 controller in this game for shits and giggles, kinda think it's hot garbage too (for this particular game). Not in the omg this is the worst thing ever kinda way; it's more than functional, just not optimal.
My point is asking me to change something I've done since birth is like me asking you to sign your name, write all notes this week, shave and wipe your butt in bathroom w your left hand and while doing these 4 tactics think of me and my pad woes

@Evil Eddy Wang

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Exactly what happens to me, I constantly am in fear when I perform Bf moves

Also to all these people saying learn to tap the button: THAT ISNT AS FAST.
BF motions are not Pad related. That is a problem with the way MKX reads the inputs of BF... as a fellow Kenshi main and a Kabal user in MK9 I have been doing BF forever and NEVER had this many issues with BF... NEVER.

Also as for your concerns with the 6 button layout, therr are still bumpers for R1 L1 R2 L2. The 5th and 6th buttons are there if you play claw or like it is a stick.

The buttons are big as fuck and make pianoing waaay easier. The Pad on the Hori is fucking amazing.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
@Pig Of The Hut I have long piano player fingers and I had to make some serious adjustments playing on the D-Pad. Playing the analog sticks is no problems but I find myself having to practice far too much from going from F21D1 movement to DB1 etc etc.

If only the dpad buttons were spaced out a little bit more outward from the center I feel like it would be fine.

Pig Of The Hut

BF motions are not Pad related. That is a problem with the way MKX reads the inputs of BF... as a fellow Kenshi main and a Kabal user in MK9 I have been doing BF forever and NEVER had this many issues with BF... NEVER.

Also as for your concerns with the 6 button layout, therr are still bumpers for R1 L1 R2 L2. The 5th and 6th buttons are there if you play claw or like it is a stick.

The buttons are big as fuck and make pianoing waaay easier. The Pad on the Hori is fucking amazing.
Ok I'm getting sold here

May purchase now, hate buying things before being able to try them

Pig Of The Hut

@Pig Of The Hut I have long piano player fingers and I had to make some serious adjustments playing on the D-Pad. Playing the analog sticks is no problems but I find myself having to practice far too much from going from F21D1 movement to DB1 etc etc.

If only the dpad buttons were spaced out a little bit more outward from the center I feel like it would be fine.
Yes that's the issue

The dpad isn't spaced out well at all

Decay

King of the Bill
I used to be a pad warrior so I have a little experience with them. On xbox I bought a hori pad before switching to stick, and the pad was designed very similar to a ps3 pad. Recently I used the ps4 pad to play around in practice mode in mkx, and in my opinion, it works like a charm. I still would not use a pad anymore because inputs generally feel awkward trying to put my big ass fingers on them buttons! I hope you adjust to it my friend

NurzBenny

Old Member
My point is asking me to change something I've done since birth is like me asking you to sign your name, write all notes this week, shave and wipe your butt in bathroom w your left hand and while doing these 4 tactics think of me and my pad woes

@Evil Eddy Wang
Next time I take a shit, I'm going to most definitely think Pig.

...you'll figure something out brant, you always do

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I<3 the DS4. But I also have little bitch hands. I definitely dealt with the jump forward/back situation at first, but once I get settled in my execution has been better than ever. So im like, average now.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Ok I'm getting sold here

May purchase now, hate buying things before being able to try them
Honestly it is a life saver had the same issue... Got mine yesterday and it's a night/day difference... You can ignore the 6 buttons because unlike the mkx pad all the bumpers and triggers are there...
The pad even can rotate to your thumbs angle for a more natural motion and adjusts input pressure and with me not having feeling in my fingers much I love this feature...and the button size is perfect for me to...

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
When I got MKX I was wondering if I would like it more on the PS4 pad or my PS3 stick. I used the pad for like an hour, tried the stick out and never looked back. I liked the PS4 pad when I was playing The Last of Us. It's ergonomic and shit but this game's input system clashes hard with it, I don't blame anyone who's looking for alternatives right now.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
The act of making a convertor for ps2 to ps4 is something any modder should be able to do. There is no secret tech involved. You need 3 things:

1. PSx/PS2 extension cord. This will be used to connect you ps2 pad to the decoder. (http://www.amazon.com/PS2-Controller-Extension-Cable-Playstation-2/dp/B0015ACX3Q )
2. A PSX/PS2 decoder that transforms your ps2 controller signal into wired signals that can be piggybacked on to a PS4 controller pcb. I recommend the FGW converter (http://www.godlikecontrols.com/download/converterwelcome2.pdf which can be purchased at godlikecontrols.com)
3. A Common ground ps4 controller. I recommend the Hori FC4 or the pdp MKX pad because they are wired and officially licensed. Pin layouts for these controllers can be found here (http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/194825/third-party-ps4-padhack-options/p1 )

If they know how to solder and can read directions anyone can do this. Unfortunately I don't have time to make these for anyone. I have a very demanding job at a global pharmaceutical company and when I come home spend I spend my free time executing my fatherly and husbandly responsibilities. The very little time I get, I like to spend playing games (this seldom happens though). I know gummo just got engaged and is very busy so what I can recommend to you is to look for other modders in your area or going to the shoryuken trade outlet and looking to see if a modder in there would take up your request. I wish you the best in you search.

CHouse

Noob
I had this problem in IGAU moreso than MKX, but it does happen every now and then.

@Pig Of The Hut , you could try the MKX PDP Fight Pad. The d-pad was pretty awesome....but there were other issues. There's no select button making it impossible to reset positionment in practice mode. I was sad because I liked the pad, but that one little issue made me return it.

If you get it and dont like it, just go pick it up and unbox is carefully so that you can return it looking like it was never opened. Worked for me.
There is a select button at the top of the controller right next to the start button.