What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Jolt

Uprise
I imagine D1s will still hit her. I will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

Telekick is around 20 frames.
Haha, yeah, I was thinking of something else, been a few days. No way in hell that teleport is connecting then I'd imagine. Anyone know if B22 connects after in the current version? or b12?

D1 is a mid though even though it's from crouch. If D1 doesn't hit her, opponents will have to frame trap with jabs on offense since F3 will blow up the usual frame traps.
Most jabs will still hit her, it's not like it's harder to hit her with a S1 than with a D1.
No but that'd mean they'll have to commit to duckable Highs when pressuring instead of lows that can juggle you out of a jump for a combo.

I wonder if F3 beats throws then too.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
b12 was one of the main tools I used to control space and whiff punish. Being +2 on block is nothing but good. Gonna pick the game back up.

Reactions: QXD

Jolt

Uprise
I think we can all say a DEFINITE victory for piercing here. Ethereal can still do f34 EX fade and be reasonably positive on block and able to combo on hit (if I remember correctly), so in a way the f3 changes are also an ethereal buff I'd think. It's ravenous we have to worry about, potentially losing a bit of damage but I think it'll be alright.

Just like everyone said, depends on when our low crush kicks in and how it is affected by d1s

EDIT: OH. And one thing I feel we are all sleeping on! 4 being changed to 11 frames is actually going to be nice, particularly for some EX fade pressure, and I think with some clever maneuvering, we'll have 4u32+4 as a combo ender even mid screen. Even on current version, you can often connect a roll, back up to the right position and get it in there by making the right collision I guess we'll see!

QXD

Noob
I'm honestly really happy with the fact b12 is plus, but I cant help but feel they buffed piercing and nerfed Rav/Ethereal with the whole f343 string. I just really hope they fixed piercings hitbox issues.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I truly don't understand the nerfs to f+3,4,3/4.

Maybe if they were totally safe on block in exchange for the cancel ability, I would get it. I'm not really upset about the damage being nerfed as much as I am about losing the ability to cancel it into moves on block to hit opponents trying to push buttons. I can't imagine anyone ever complaining about f+3 being overpowered, so I just don't comprehend this right now. Hopefully, I'm just overreacting.

EDIT: OH. And one thing I feel we are all sleeping on! 4 being changed to 11 frames is actually going to be nice, particularly for some EX fade pressure, and I think with some clever maneuvering, we'll have 4u32+4 as a combo ender even mid screen. Even on current version, you can often connect a roll, back up to the right position and get it in there by making the right collision I guess we'll see!
Stand 4 being 11 frames means we get to actually punish with it. So in Piercing you get:
4~EX TK~Sai~f2,3~Roll~Sadistics for 40%. Which is the same damage as the f1,2,b4~EX TK combo.

I'm honestly really happy with the fact b12 is plus, but I cant help but feel they buffed piercing and nerfed Rav/Ethereal with the whole f343 string. I just really hope they fixed piercings hitbox issues.
I dunno. Maybe it won't be so bad. F3,4,4 gives a hard KND now, so it depends on how much adv she gets for it. And you can still cancel F3,4 to use the F3,4,4/F3,4~EX Roll mixup.

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
I'm still a scrub so excuse this dumb question... but Mileena can't do anything after f344/f343 anymore?
She can't combo off of F344 anymore because it gives a hard knockdown now. She can still combo off of F343 but she can't 2in1 cancel anymore which means no more Tele-Kick into Air Sai combos.

QXD

Noob
I dunno. Maybe it won't be so bad. F3,4,4 gives a hard KND now, so it depends on how much adv she gets for it. And you can still cancel F3,4 to use the F3,4,4/F3,4~EX Roll mixup.
What I was getting at was piercings damage wont be affected much at all. Ethereal dosent have the most damaging enders, so her max damage will be close to high 20s now

but she can't 2in1 cancel anymore which means no more Tele-Kick into Air Sai combos.
What the hell. Not looking good man :( Thanks for the explanation.
I'm not sure if that's true honestly. I'd have to wait to mess around with it, but I always felt like you have time to delay the TK a bit pre-patch as a hit confirm. You might still get TK~Sai in there, but we won't know till tomorrow

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
The whole F343/F344 thingy is going to hurt Ravenous the most because she was able to make it pseudo-safe with high pounce.
Also mindgames between F343~telekick and F343 naked on block are gone, there's no reason not to punish it. And the damage :(

I am super salty, even tho this nerf is nothing that will make her horrible why the hell did they nerf thi? She is low tier and she will still be low toer after the patch most likely -_- yet characters like Tanya anf Cassie remain almost untouched and Quan Chi gets BUFFED.

Jolt

Uprise
something missing from the notes, 4u3 is now +2 on block, super fast recovery for stagger pressure, and is now special cancellable only on block
That is actually QUITE satisfying. Where'd you get that info if you don't mind my asking? I had 4u3 ~ EX fade as being around +10 on block in ethereal before, so I wonder how that will change. I know most Mileenas won't care, but I am absolutely excited for our buff to 4. It'll give me a punish string I can RELY ON online.

What I was getting at was piercings damage wont be affected much at all. Ethereal dosent have the most damaging enders, so her max damage will be close to high 20s now
Nah man... EX Fade combos will still put her in the mid 30s. She also gets 30% meterless off of any starter into Roll~b3,4~Sai, Run cancel B22~Sai/Rider. Besides, F3 has a much higher chance of actually LANDING now that you can blow up D3/D4s.

The whole F343/F344 thingy is going to hurt Ravenous the most because she was able to make it pseudo-safe with high pounce.
Also mindgames between F343~telekick and F343 naked on block are gone, there's no reason not to punish it. And the damage :(

I am super salty, even tho this nerf is nothing that will make her horrible why the hell did they nerf thi? She is low tier and she will still be low toer after the patch most likely -_- yet characters like Tanya anf Cassie remain almost untouched and Quan Chi gets BUFFED.
Well again, F3 jumps lows... so you really can confirm a low crush before attempting F343. On block you can just do F344 or F34~Special.
Her pressure has gone up by a lot, and her counter offense between Roll, TK, and now F3, is pretty strong. No idea where she'll sit tier wise just yet.

F4 series at this point is THE biggest letdown for me. There's at least one hotfix for Quan's spell stacking coming, so who knows.

Well I didn't do many F3 combos anyway but they were nice to have in those "About to die - YOLO" situations where it could kill.

I don't see how it is classified as a 2in1 as it's not a Special (e.g. Kitty's rising Karma to fan. etc)