What's new

The Kano Video Thread

^ Yeah, I flip between "Guile" Kano and pressure Kano myself. "Pressure" meaning, I don't care if they block my 1,1,2~choke/b+2,F+1~choke/footsie/etc. strings, as it pump my meter for dat x-ray. If they don't know how to respond to whatever string I have out on their face, they eat Kano balls.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Very nice Kano, I haven't been playing mine nearly that offensively; I'll start making more of an attempt to now though after seeing this! Also, I think they removed the jump kick and throw, I wasn't able to pull it off last night which sucks.

Loot

the special effects
Very nice Kano, I haven't been playing mine nearly that offensively; I'll start making more of an attempt to now though after seeing this! Also, I think they removed the jump kick and throw, I wasn't able to pull it off last night which sucks.
I think it honestly depends on how fast your hopkick or jumping kick is. I was trying to nail it in training and it literally felt like I had to piano the buttons for the throw to connect. Online I have yet to land it.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
WOW,these Skorpion and Noob were really BAD.
Well,I have played A LOT of private online matches with Kano against the best players of my country every day and I´ve notice a few things to consider when you play with Kano online:
-ZONING:
a)against NON-teleport players: Kinfe,knife,knife...if they jump..upball and knife again.If they have fast proyectiles you can use an EX-ball that probably go above the enemy proyectile and hit the opp. and continue zoning.(sometimes it dont , so check it)this is wonderful for example against Subzero ice ball.Be careful because so many xrays pass throw your knife so check the meter and distance of your opp.
b) if they have teleport you can use knife,block,knife,block .. as your knife recuperation is FAST you probably block this tele, then to punish i prefer B1,1,2-upball for 23%(remeber it´s online, if you try to do something bigger you whiff)
-ATTACk(strings)
I allways do J1,212,dash,212,dash,212,dash-upball for various reasons:
first the B1,1,2 dash ONLINE is nearly impossible because of the lag, and second... 2,1,2 travels a lot and most people want to punish in the middle of the string and if the last 2 connects you can continue combo.It´s amazing how many times it happens to me.I use only B1,1,2 on the CORNER
-DEFEND : Check your opp: IF he wants to attack allways wake up with upball, then he will block next time so then wake up with throw. It´s a mindgame
AIRBALLS and horizontal balls: Don´t spam it, it´s a suicide . I use them like this: I jump backwards and if your opp. jumps you can use it, if your opp. stays on the ground don´t use it.
Oh, i have 2 tricks:1) I jump with punch as air to air, and is connects then you can upball on the ground and it combo.2) And allways do the air ball after you input a punch because your opp. sees the punch and thinks you wont be able to do an attack after and he will stop blocking and your airball will hit.

I hope this will help online Kano players

Mgt2

Noob
WOW,these Skorpion and Noob were really BAD.
Well,I have played A LOT of private online matches with Kano against the best players of my country every day and I´ve notice a few things to consider when you play with Kano online:
-ZONING:
a)against NON-teleport players: Kinfe,knife,knife...if they jump..upball and knife again.If they have fast proyectiles you can use an EX-ball that probably go above the enemy proyectile and hit the opp. and continue zoning.(sometimes it dont , so check it)this is wonderful for example against Subzero ice ball.Be careful because so many xrays pass throw your knife so check the meter and distance of your opp.
b) if they have teleport you can use knife,block,knife,block .. as your knife recuperation is FAST you probably block this tele, then to punish i prefer B1,1,2-upball for 23%(remeber it´s online, if you try to do something bigger you whiff)
-ATTACk(strings)
I allways do J1,212,dash,212,dash,212,dash-upball for various reasons:
first the B1,1,2 dash ONLINE is nearly impossible because of the lag, and second... 2,1,2 travels a lot and most people want to punish in the middle of the string and if the last 2 connects you can continue combo.It´s amazing how many times it happens to me.I use only B1,1,2 on the CORNER
-DEFEND : Check your opp: IF he wants to attack allways wake up with upball, then he will block next time so then wake up with throw. It´s a mindgame
AIRBALLS and horizontal balls: Don´t spam it, it´s a suicide . I use them like this: I jump backwards and if your opp. jumps you can use it, if your opp. stays on the ground don´t use it.
Oh, i have 2 tricks:1) I jump with punch as air to air, and is connects then you can upball on the ground and it combo.2) And allways do the air ball after you input a punch because your opp. sees the punch and thinks you wont be able to do an attack after and he will stop blocking and your airball will hit.

I hope this will help online Kano players
Online is full of terrible players. I am a noob but a least I have an idea of what to do. Thank you guys and I am going to keep getting better. :)

Online is full of terrible players. I am a noob but a least I have an idea of what to do. Thank you guys and I am going to keep getting better. :)
You're far from a noob. I'd say most of us have to be just by coming here. Just work on maximizing damage on those punishes and conditioning your opponent to block low and you're golden.

Anyone know anything about this supposed Kano buff coming?

cyke_out

Noob
Kano's up-ball will be safer on block, 2 frames slower than johnny cage's flip kick. It can not be punishable by full combo.
kano's f+3 will be made a low.

Kano's up-ball will be safer on block, 2 frames slower than johnny cage's flip kick. It can not be punishable by full combo.
kano's f+3 will be made a low.
Amazing! Can I get a source? Are these the only changes, or are other characters getting buffed/nerfed too? Will this affect the safety of his f+3 ->b+2 launcher?

cyke_out

Noob
here is a basic run-down of what's been peiced together off of developer's tweets, or Tom Brady's inside info.

Subs double freeze gone
Air glitch gone
KL damage nerf
Overall tiny damagenerf
Sonya/Kabal blockfinites gone
Quan Chi rune trap gone
Cyrax command throw tech window larger (a glitch is fixed)
Cyrax command throw should give only a 50 50 on the unblockable after that (no details how yet)
Smoke throw OTG bomb gone
Can tech Scorps air throw
Kano F3 is low
Kano ball a lot safer on block
Sindel infinite gone
Kitana multiple fans combos gone (a glitch is fixed)
Kunglao multiple EX hats combos gone
No more getting hit by wakeups after Stryker's XR
Cyrax net scaling reset gone
Baraka gets a new midscreen launcher

tehm

Noob
Per Tom Brady (course he also said the patch was rolling yesterday...) it's both. "Kano ball becomes ~within a frame of being as safe as Johnny Cage's flash kick".

Just going by things that have been said in the past I BELIEVE that basically means it's going to be about as punishable as spin.

EDIT: Which if true likely makes b112~up ball safe.

Per Tom Brady (course he also said the patch was rolling yesterday...) it's both. "Kano ball becomes ~within a frame of being as safe as Johnny Cage's flash kick".

Just going by things that have been said in the past I BELIEVE that basically means it's going to be about as punishable as spin.
Oh ok, then that's way better.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I have not really been paying much attention to the patches but was wondering if the supposed changes will effect all versions of the ball or only just d,f 2 on block and whiff recovery.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I think it honestly depends on how fast your hopkick or jumping kick is. I was trying to nail it in training and it literally felt like I had to piano the buttons for the throw to connect. Online I have yet to land it.
Yeah, it's strange, offline I've had no problem doing it but online has been impossible to pull it off. I could see them removing it in the future, though, since it gives anyone with an air throw an easy 17%.

cyke_out

Noob
Wow Mtg2, you are very agressiive. I never go mid screen vs ermac for fear of force lift and push, lol, I certainly never naked ball as much as you did. But good shit.

Mgt2

Noob
Wow Mtg2, you are very agressiive. I never go mid screen vs ermac for fear of force lift and push, lol, I certainly never naked ball as much as you did. But good shit.
a soon I hit the corner I go for it and keep pressure. Noob is nothing to me yet. No issue facing him in general.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Really like your kano to, your reactions are inkredable and your exekution is remarkable, to bad its online or you could be doing the more damage filled combos (Notice my love of the k)