What's new

The Kano Video Thread

You got covered everything we discussed on the Kano Strategy thread in video format, I think the only thing missing would be :l:bp:r:fp:d:r:bp as best option with his overhead so well done.

cyke_out

Noob
Mike Ross using Kano and Gootecks using Sub-zero in online tag. nothing really ground breaking but those two are always fun to watch screw around.

cyke_out

Noob
Yeah not exactly the highest level of play, even by online standards, but still entertaining.

And Mike Ross seems to have a good handle on Kano, spam knifes, use ball to punish and anti-air, land x-ray, and juggle when you can...

wow, Kano's not the most in-depth character he is. heh.

im pumped that mike ross is using kano (assuming he sticks with him).

give these guys 2 weeks and I bet we'll be seeing some really cool stuff.

cyke_out

Noob
Nice! although I'm pretty sure you could squeeze more damage with a b+1,1,2 juggle starter instead of the 2,1,2 That could be over 40% with one bar.

ump in punch 212, deep dash 212, (timing) b+1~F+1~d/f+blk+2
I think you meant b+2, f+3 for his overhead into knee.

but still nice find!

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Nice! although I'm pretty sure you could squeeze more damage with a b+1,1,2 juggle starter instead of the 2,1,2 That could be over 40% with one bar.

Must go to the lab!
Believe me I tried and I think it's possible but the timing has to be perfect and I didn't want to spend anymore time on it. Pretty much just wanted to voice my frustration about his combo damage.... And lack of other things but I still love Kano hes hardmfcore.

I got one for you its pretty consistent when you get the timing down.

jump in punch 212, deep dash 212, (timing) b+1~F+1~d/f+blk+2 = 38%

I think its bs his combo damage is horrid.

http://youtu.be/xEhrYBPuCUg
That thing is doable but damn the timing is strict as hell, gonna add it to the combo guide anyway but I don't think is really practical do to the timing

I think you meant b+2, f+3 for his overhead into knee.

but still nice find!
After many tries I manage to pull the combo and the timing is strict as hell so I don't think is possible to use 2 :l:fp:fp:bp and still have enough time to land the :l:bp:r:fp:d:r:fp I even had trouble landing the choke after the overhead combo do to push bakck.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
That thing is doable but damn the timing is strict as hell, gonna add it to the combo guide anyway but I don't think is really practical do to the timing

After many tries I manage to pull the combo and the timing is strict as hell so I don't think is possible to use 2 :l:fp:fp:bp and still have enough time to land the :l:bp:r:fp:d:r:fp I even had trouble landing the choke after the overhead combo do to push bakck.
with the b1,1,2 i don't think you can dash in far enough for the b2 combo to connect. Regardless combos that end with b2 should have much better damage for 2 reason its pretty tough to time consistantly and it just looks much more natural then looping. I almost think they went out of there way to make kano not look very fun to play. I mean most of the cast at least has some fun shit to work with and some gimmiks.

with the b1,1,2 i don't think you can dash in far enough for the b2 combo to connect. Regardless combos that end with b2 should have much better damage for 2 reason its pretty tough to time consistantly and it just looks much more natural then looping. I almost think they went out of there way to make kano not look very fun to play. I mean most of the cast at least has some fun shit to work with and some gimmiks.
Our Knife and Ball gimmicks are cool though :p

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Our Knife and Ball gimmicks are cool though :p
To be honest when starting a new game, which mk is for me I think its more to your benefit in the long run to pick just a mid tier basic fighter. In most situation for a example with kano he cant just tele out shit if he is getting spammed he can air ball but its hella unsafe. He would have to learn the game mechanics themselves and work harder knowing when he can safely jump or knife back.

Pretty much the way I look at it is if you can work hard and learn to use all the tools of a mediocre fighter and hold your own when you decide to pick up a higher tier fighter you will have a better grasp of shit goin on and a plethora of better tools to utilize and skill to use them.

Sully

Noob
Guys, I said this in the other thread. b2f1 does more damage followed by up ball rather than choke. Can that be tacked on at the end, or does the frame positioning dictate you must use df1?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I tested this in the combo and it connects no prob, it only does 36% with the ex doing 37%. Thanks for the heads up though I got excited.

Dietician

Deep Animu
Never end in anything but knife or the knockdown is horrid. It's well worth the 4% damage or so lost to have a chance at doing something without eating shit to fast mashes beating out kano.

Never end in anything but knife or the knockdown is horrid. It's well worth the 4% damage or so lost to have a chance at doing something without eating shit to fast mashes beating out kano.
But if you are playing a zoning game you want them away so you do want to end the combos with Ball or Up Ball for the extra damage and knockback.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
It all depends on the situation not gonna wanna use the knifes ender if you plan on following it up with like a b1,1,2, characters such as Ermac or Nightwolfs wake up attacks will eat you up.

I picked up Kano yesterday. Yeah man, he's really strong. I like his air cannonball the most. I think it's great to punish zoners and whiffed specials.

I you want to zone or outzone your opponent yeah you want to end your combos with cannonball because it puts your far away. Except in the corner Ball is risky as hell because opponent seems to wake up faster than your recovery time. So I prefer to end with Toss. Also if I feel like playing mixups I will also end with Toss instead of Ball because I wanna stay in their face.

Mgt2

Noob
I picked up Kano yesterday. Yeah man, he's really strong. I like his air cannonball the most. I think it's great to punish zoners and whiffed specials.

I you want to zone or outzone your opponent yeah you want to end your combos with cannonball because it puts your far away. Except in the corner Ball is risky as hell because opponent seems to wake up faster than your recovery time. So I prefer to end with Toss. Also if I feel like playing mixups I will also end with Toss instead of Ball because I wanna stay in their face.
Awesome video. You made Kano looks so great. Thanks and wow in training room again. XD

Sully

Noob
Yeah man I dig the video. It's not so much DOING that stuff that I have a problem with. It's doing it when someones trying to beat my face in also :D