What's new

The Kano Video Thread

I picked up Kano yesterday. Yeah man, he's really strong. I like his air cannonball the most. I think it's great to punish zoners and whiffed specials.

I you want to zone or outzone your opponent yeah you want to end your combos with cannonball because it puts your far away. Except in the corner Ball is risky as hell because opponent seems to wake up faster than your recovery time. So I prefer to end with Toss. Also if I feel like playing mixups I will also end with Toss instead of Ball because I wanna stay in their face.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! my jaw just doped and hit the floor so hard... Low Kick dash cancels? Air Ball as OTG for anti wake up? Croosup Up Ball? Empty Jump Shenanigans? Are you the first coming of Kano Jesus? You are AWESOME

hjs-Q

Noob
I picked up Kano yesterday. Yeah man, he's really strong. I like his air cannonball the most. I think it's great to punish zoners and whiffed specials.

I you want to zone or outzone your opponent yeah you want to end your combos with cannonball because it puts your far away. Except in the corner Ball is risky as hell because opponent seems to wake up faster than your recovery time. So I prefer to end with Toss. Also if I feel like playing mixups I will also end with Toss instead of Ball because I wanna stay in their face.
Good stuff.

Kano may not be the best in the game but he is by far the best forum on TYM.

Sully

Noob
I don't think he's S tier by any means, but I don't even question him being playable. Not to mention he's just frekkin' cool.

Thanks guys. :)

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! my jaw just doped and hit the floor so hard... Low Kick dash cancels? Air Ball as OTG for anti wake up? Croosup Up Ball? Empty Jump Shenanigans? Are you the first coming of Kano Jesus? You are AWESOME
lol, not sure if it was sarcasm but I'll take it as a compliment. : p

The cross-up ball is pretty gimmicky and unsafe though. Might still surprise people and bait/avoid stuff but I'm not sure it's really that good. Also, about that anti-wake up thing, it loses to armored EX move so don't abuse it. But yeah I had this idea in my head that Ball could be used for traveling/evading purposes and not just punishing.

One unfortunate thing I found out is that :r :fk hits high. I don't like that. I thought it was a low attack but guess I was wrong. Doesn't really matter, but it would have been nice to have a low starter for mixups.

My favorite thing is doing a late neutral jump :bk into air Ball. That's godlike vs projectiles since bk makes you hang in the air a little longer.

Thanks guys. :)

lol, not sure if it was sarcasm but I'll take it as a compliment. : p

The cross-up ball is pretty gimmicky and unsafe though. Might still surprise people and bait/avoid stuff but I'm not sure it's really that good. Also, about that anti-wake up thing, it loses to armored EX move so don't abuse it. But yeah I had this idea in my head that Ball could be used for traveling/evading purposes and not just punishing.

One unfortunate thing I found out is that :r :fk hits high. I don't like that. I thought it was a low attack but guess I was wrong. Doesn't really matter, but it would have been nice to have a low starter for mixups.

My favorite thing is doing a late neutral jump :bk into air Ball. That's godlike vs projectiles since bk makes you hang in the air a little longer.
I never use sarcasm unless it's blatant, since English is not my main language I fail horrible at subtle sarcasm.

Also, regarding :r:fk, it is not really a High, it is a Special Mid, which means it can hit crouching opponents unlike real Highs attacks which can not.

I do think the Special Mid and Mid labels are a bit stupid but it is:
High = Hit High, miss crouching opponents and low block, can be blocked high.
Special Mid = Hits High, don't miss crouching opponents or low block, can be blocked high or low.
Mid = Overheads, Hit High, don't miss crouching opponents, break low block, must be blocked high.
Low = Hits Low, Must be jumped or blocked low.

they've had the game for a week and still look like trash. i don't think they are practicing mk very seriously....

justin is looking better and better though, he wants that pdp money.

Yeah honestly, that video I made was like 1st day Kano stuff. Someone should link my vid to Mike or something lol. It might help him a bit.

I think if Gootecks and Mike Ross were serious about getting better at MK they could very quickly up their game. But right now it feels like they don't even want to bother. It's kinda sad really cuz all they have to do is open training mode, check the move list for their BnB launcher and they're good to go.

They already have footsies fundamentals down from playing SSF4. All that's left to learn is dash blocking and meter management. And of course getting used to the actual block button, cross-up attacks and zoning which are different than SF.

cyke_out

Noob
Mike Ross atempts the 2,1,2 juggle starter and tries another 2,1,2 but he does wait long enough and misses the last 2. If he did spent some time looking at posts and in training, he'd learn that you have to delay the 2nd 2,1,2 until the opponent is chest to waist high on Kano.

Hector Sanchez had this to say about Kano:
RT @pakostevens: Kano's towards+fk will be a low. Wiff'd upballs will recover slightly faster for improved shenanigans.don't give up on him!
Good news for Kano players. :)

cyke_out

Noob
Fucking Raiden, I was so hyped for that Kano, the guy did a great job, could have used some other tricks and more air balls but he was really good.
He just got out played, it wasn't becuase Raiden is just a better character. The Kano player faced a Raiden in Loser's final and handled him pretty well.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
It´s so sad when you see a top player like Mike Ross playing sooooooo bad with Kano(he doen´s do a launcher in any match, and, does he know the existence of the air ball¿?¿?)), but.. finishing with choke+win posse is my favorite finish ;)

cyke_out

Noob
Yeah, I don't really watch these guys for insightful top level play. I consider their video's comedy more than anything else.

cyke_out

Noob
Another vids from UCC tourny with Funkpanda's kano- Sorry if I'm stepping on your toes FunkPanda by posting these.

Good stuff by Funkpanda. Ermac is one of the matches I have to really watch out for here, so seeing him handled so wonderfully is a great learning tool.

Funkpanda, your Kano is really solid and your Zoning and Punishing game is awesome.

Can I ask for your opinion on the different matchups? We need to start a thread dedicated to it but I have no real experience with real (and good) people and I bet most of the other Kano players here are on the same boat (and no, Online doesn't count people).

Funkpanda, your Kano is really solid and your Zoning and Punishing game is awesome.

Can I ask for your opinion on the different matchups? We need to start a thread dedicated to it but I have no real experience with real (and good) people and I bet most of the other Kano players here are on the same boat (and no, Online doesn't count people).
Thanks man. With the Ermac matchup - I basically stand outside of Telepush range and beat him the fireball war. Making him have to play a lot more carefully.