What's new

Combo List - Goro The Goro Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulas

Your Emporer
I thought it was just me (or maybe my new MKX PDP fightpad) because I'm having a ton of trouble canceling normals into command grabs in this game. I was never a fan of the dbf motion to begin with but I never had an issue like this in Injustice so I don't get it. Hella frustrating and makes me want to avoid grapplers altogether and grapplers are life for me when it comes to fighters. Hope I get used to it with time I guess...
Well obviously you can only cancel in if they are juggled otherwise they won't hit. In general I've found that Goro's grabs hitbox is quite high so tends to miss if they are too low. Mostly it comes down to trying different timings on hits in combos to figure out what connects when. It can also help to just go for the easier combo in exchange for 2-4% less damage.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Well obviously you can only cancel in if they are juggled otherwise they won't hit. In general I've found that Goro's grabs hitbox is quite high so tends to miss if they are too low. Mostly it comes down to trying different timings on hits in combos to figure out what connects when. It can also help to just go for the easier combo in exchange for 2-4% less damage.
#1 thanks for the help on timing, finally got the hang of f3 grab ender,

#2 yeah sometimes I still default to d1 xx grab because it's so much less strict in timing

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
No, I mean the grab won't even come out. I've tried practicing Kano tic-command-throws and Goro juggles into command throws and the struggle is real (aka I'll get it pretty inconsistently and the timing just seems so off) but I can't tell if it's the game or pad lol. I had a much easier time landing them raw or cancelled in Injustice with my Madcatz pad than I am now in MKX with this MKX pad.

Part of what's making me think its the pad is that I was struggling with half circle motions for Dudley in SF with it too but idk for sure. Starting to miss that hockey puck Madcatz called a dpad.

Last edited:

regulas

Your Emporer
No, I mean the grab won't even come out. I've tried practicing Kano tic-command-throws and Goro juggles into command throws and the struggle is real (aka I'll get it pretty inconsistently and the timing just seems so off) but I can't tell if it's the game or pad lol. I had a much easier time landing them raw or cancelled in Injustice with my Madcatz pad than I am now in MKX with this MKX pad.
I do sometimes have trouble but that's mostly cause I'm using a weird pdp micro microswitchstick ps3 controller. I do find the whole putting in the input for db early helps a ton and it does feel like it's me missing the inputs when I fail. That being said I do find MKX is a bit faster on the input windows, like inputting reversals or wake-ups is a bit tighter then injustice.

Also there amy be some moves that just can't be cancelled into it at all.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I do sometimes have trouble but that's mostly cause I'm using a weird pdp micro microswitchstick ps3 controller. I do find the whole putting in the input for db early helps a ton and it does feel like it's me missing the inputs when I fail. That being said I do find MKX is a bit faster on the input windows, like inputting reversals or wake-ups is a bit tighter then injustice.

Also there amy be some moves that just can't be cancelled into it at all.
Thanks, man. I'm definitely trying to cancel the right moves into it. I think it's a combination of what you said about there being a faster input window and this fucking pad not feeling as smooth on the rotational movements. I'll keep at it and keep that tip about the early db in mind. Thanks again!

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I can't get the f3 to connect if I do the nj2 (they are knocked to far by then), but it will if I don't. Any clue what I'm doing wrong or does this need to be towards the corner?

As a more useful addition, I have found that most strings that can be cancelled into Stomp will connect before they can do anything so long as they are in a juggle state when you use the string.

So you can do 21-db2MB-b2-f21~du and the stomp will connect before they can do anything. That there does 36% without any jumps being used.

Or you can do
b12u2-f21~du for 28% no meter (18 for the string 10 extra for the stomp) for no meter.
b12u2-nj2-f21~du for 32% no meter but harder to conect.
Well, Im not a "master of kombat" and I can do consistent the 2,1-db4MB(I put before db2, my fault)-NJ2-b2-f3-grab. But if you want, avoid the jump and do the same for I think 3 or 4 %less, but in this case , after the b3 do f2,1 for 1% extra. Also if you finish with f2,1 you can do punchwalk because all of his punches hits.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Haven't seen anyone post mid screen combos starting off his 3d3 so here's a good one for corner carry.

3d3, MB df4, run, f3, bf4. You can MB the last hit for another pop up if you want to spend the meter. (Tigrar Fury only)

dionysos

Noob
idk about you guys but after just playing around with goro i just feel as though he could have been better. all of these combos are good but only if they get hit confirmed. but honestly he cant really open you up at all. Pretty slow footsies. 1 OH and a low and the OH which is 21 is pretty slow as well. And his tele is pretty punishable on whiff. idk its still early of course dont get me wrong but even this early you usually see potential in characters. Not sure if im seeing it enough so far.
He has two overheads. 3d3 is another one which knocks your opponent down and pushes him/her back at mid range. It only requires quite close range.

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Can anyone post a combo that leads into brutalities or a set up for brutalities? Thx.
If you win in two rounds you can easily finish just about any combo with command grab and hold forward for a brutality.

I'm thinking the only other one that would be easy to combo into would be the Kuatan Warrior exclusive one and then it's kind of the same deal: just finish any combo with the Chest Bump as long as you've completed the dash requirement prior.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
in the corner if you do b12u2 twice and then d2 they just get launched high off d2. You can cancel w/ ex punchwalk to extend, not practical at all but kinda neat

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
His 3d3 string can combo into db4 in the corner against mail and female characters, making it a meterless overhead-low mixup. Right now I'm just doing 3d3~db3-b12~dbf3 for 30%, but I'm positive it can be optimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.