What's new

Combo List - Goro The Goro Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
We can do it like other combo threads, using one color for each variation and non-colored if the combo is universal

-----------

At Chinocudeiro's request, I have edited the original post to have the organized look I put into the Ferra/Torr Combo Thread. Now, keep in mind that I do not have access to Goro, so I cannot test combos and their damage values. This means that I rely upon Goro's sub-forum community on TYM to give me combos with accurate notations and damage values.

Feel free to tag me in a post with comprehensible combos as long as they do not start with a jump-in punch, because neutral game.
(Neutral Jump Punch starters are fine.)

Ideally, I'd like to have combos for every combo-starting move/string. Below are the kinds of combos that can be added, just to help give you fellows an idea of where to start:

– Simple: Meterless and/or metered combos that sacrifice damage for simplicity.

– Intermediate: Meterless and/or metered combos that give good or great damage, can be reliably done and do not require too much/difficult timing.

– Advanced Execution: Most damaging combos (or not.) These require practice to get down consistently by Goro's standards in combo difficulty.

– Swag: Meterless and/or metered combos that do not give optimal damage and/or are unreliable, but their purpose is flashiness and swag.

If you're going to tag me to add combos into the OP, could you also please tell me which variations the combos are able to be executed in? I have no idea if Goro's combos can generally be done in all three variations, or only certain ones. Please use the following format so that I may have all the information required:

Notation:
Damage:
Variation/s:

Thanks. — @Alien Substance

----[ Notation guide ]----

, = Precedes the next step in a string – example: B1,2,U2.

+ = The preceding and following input must be pressed at once – e.g. B2,3,2+4.
This often does not apply to directional inputs like D1, D2, B4 and the like.

xx = Canceled into – e.g. F3xxPunchwalk.

~ = Next part of a combo, not canceled into – e.g. D2~D1xxCommand Grab.

JI = Jump-in.

NJ = Neutral Jump.

EX = MK9-style EX special; a move that is enhanced at the same time it is executed.

MB = Injustice-style Meter Burn: a move that can be enhanced after the animation has already started.

----[ Sorting ]----

Contents are sorted as such:
---[ Meterless Midscreen ]---
---[ Meterless Corner ]---
---{ Metered Midscreen }---
---{ Metered Corner }---

Order of combos by variation:
Universal,
Combos that can only be done in Dragon Fangs,
Kuatan Warrior damage dishes,
Tigrar Fury-exclusive pummel manuveurs.

-------------------[ Meterless Midscreen ]-------------------

----[ Universal ]----

B1,2,U2~slight run~B1,2,U2~F3xxGrab | 32%, 33% in fangs

----[ Dragon Fangs ]----

----[ Kuatan Warrior ]----

----[ Tigrar Fury ]----

-------------------[ Meterless Corner ]-------------------

----[ Universal ]----

B1,2,U2~B2~B2~NJP~F3xxGrab | 33%, 34% in fangs

----[ Dragon Fangs ]----

----[ Tigrar Fury ]----

3,D3xxDragon Breath~D1~D3~D1~B1,2xxGrab | 34%

-------------------{ Metered Midscreen }-------------------

----[ Universal ]----

B1,2,U2~slight run, B1,2,U2~F3xxEX Punchwalk~F3xxGrab | 38%, 39% in fangs
B3xxEX Punchwalk~slight run, B1,2,U2~F3xxGrab | 35%, 36% in fangs

F3xxEX Punchwalk~slight run, B1,2,U2~F3xxGrab | 37%, 38% in fangs
F3xxEX Punchwalk~F3xxPunchwalk or Grab | 31%/32%, 34% for grab in fangs

----[ Dragon Fangs ]----

F3xxEX Spin~walk forward a step, B1,2,U2~F3xxGrab | 40%
F3xxEX Spin~B1,2,U2~run cancel, B1,2,U2~D1xxGrab | 41%

(B3/2,1/F2,1)xxEX Spin~B1,2,U2~(2,1 or F3)xxGrab | ~39%, 1% less if ended with Spin.

----[ Tigrar Fury ]----

-------------------{ Metered Corner }-------------------

----[ Universal ]----

3,D3~D3~D3~B1,2xxEX Punchwalk~NJP~1,2,1xxGrab | 35%
F3xxEX Punchwalk~B2~B2~B2~3xxGrab | 38%
F4~D1~D3~D1xxEX Punchwalk~NJP~1,2,1xxGrab | 39%
F3xxEX Punchwalk~B1,2,U2~B1,2,U2~3xxGrab | 40%
B1,2,U2~B2~F4~B1,2xxEX Punchwalk~F3xxGrab | 40%, 41% in fangs
F4~D1xxEX Punchwalk~NJP~F3xxGrab | 39%, 40% in fangs

----[ Dragon Fangs ]----

B3xxEX Fang Spin~B1,2,U2~NJP~F3xxGrab | 39%

----[ Tigrar Fury ]----

3,D3xxDragon Breath~D1~B1,2xxEX Punchwalk~NJP~1,2,1xxGrab | 42%
F3xxGround Fire~D1~2,1xxEX Punchwalk~NJP~1,2,1xxGrab | 45%

------------------- Unbreakable Combos -------------------

----[ Meterless ]----

----[ Metered ]----

Last edited by a moderator:

Fermbiz

Noob
So Im no expert.... But I'm really, really digging Goro. I was working on some combos but I feel like more can be done. So Im posting these videos to give ideas out.

KUATAN WARRIOR combo

I ended it with a stomp because I believe that is unblockable. Please correct me if I'm wrong if it can be dashed out.

And this one is a failed combo. After the last move, which is the upward fists, I wanted to end it with a 1, 1, into the stomp. Maybe someone can figure something out?

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
So Im no expert.... But I'm really, really digging Goro. I was working on some combos but I feel like more can be done. So Im posting these videos to give ideas out.

KUATAN WARRIOR combo

I ended it with a stomp because I believe that is unblockable. Please correct me if I'm wrong if it can be dashed out.

And this one is a failed combo. After the last move, which is the upward fists, I wanted to end it with a 1, 1, into the stomp. Maybe someone can figure something out?

The stomp I believe is unblockable, but chances are it could be tech rolled. If I remember correctly though, the stomp can be moved behind or in front of the opponent which would make for a risk/reward situation in which you can guess whether your opponent will tech roll or not. This is all just based off theory, I gotta wait one more day for the game.

dont have footage because idk how you giys upload so fast lol but i have inputs.
Midscreen
Dragon Fangs
JIP2, 2,1 MB DB2, B2, dash 2,1 command grab 16 hits 39% 1 bar
JIP2, 2,1 MB DB2, NJ2, F2,1, command grab 16 38% 1 bar
I have more ill put up tomorrow

You can see the first combo listed in action in the video i posted a few post down

Last edited:
Here are some combos I found

B12U2, NJP, F3 xx EN Punchwalk, 4 xx Shokan Grab. (Kuatan Warrior Only)

B12U2, U1 or 2 x2, NJP, D2, 121 xx Chest Lunge (this could definitely be optimized better, but I just wanted to do the U1/2 twice because it looks silly, Kuatan Warrior Only)

B12U2, U2 xx Dragon Breath, F3 xx EN Punchwalk, D2, D1 xx Shokan Grab (Corner and Tigrar Fury Only)

B3 xx EN Fang Spin, B2, F3 xx Shokan Stabs (Dragon Fang Only. It feels like the cancel window on B3 is super lenient, might be able to confirm Fang Spin/Punchwalk from it on block/hit on it's own, it could just be me iono)

EVERYTHING DRAGON FANG ONLY
this was the last 15 mins before i got off last night. this was also the last variation i touched last night so it was pretty late for me and there are quite a bit of dropped combos from being extremely tired but feel free to watch it all the way through to get some ideas. This is also unedited because i just uploaded it straight from my ps4 just this morning. so ill leave specific points with the most damaging combos. all combos are midscreen as well.

-:30 mark input is
jip 2, f21, db2 mb, njp2, f21, command grab. 16 hits 38% 1 bar

-1:10 mark input is...
F3, db2 mb, njp2, b2, dash, 232. 9 hits 37% 1 bar. try starting this with a jip 2 and ending in a command grab instead of the last 2 in the 232 string. that SHOULD crack 40% easy.

-3:00 mark input is
f3, db2 mb, njp2, f3, stomp. 6 hits 29% 1 bar. also start this off with a jip2 to increase that damage a bit. NOW couple the combo with the unblockable stomp to add 10% at the end and it should come up to 40% if you jip to start the combo i listed. now i didnt go into this more because i was tired and wasnt thinking. but now because the f3 is not a hard knock down they can and most likely tech roll. if anyone didnt know you can control goros teleport by holding back to land in front of opponent or holding forward to land behind them. so can someone go into practice and set the cpu to tech roll, if they tech roll after the f3 do a stomp to see if it will track the roll. if it doesnt then you will have to hold forward while using stomp to land behind and catch the roll, and if they so happen to not tech roll well....well you see what happens. did not mean to mb the stomp btw.

skip ahead to 7:05-7:23 input is
jip2, 21, db2 mb, nip2, f3 command grab. 15 hits 38% 1 bar (youll see i mb command grab for an extra 2%. never use this unless for the kill. this is a waste of a second bar for just a measly 2%. keep the breaker and just use 1 bar)

-9:20 mark input is jip 2, 21, db2 mb, b2, dash, 21, command grab. 16 hits 39% 1 bar. may be a little difficult getting the 21 after the dash but obviously possbile.

Again i dabbled in the other variations and i would say i like kuatan warrior i like the most followed by tigrar. Tigrar i believe has a bit more mixup potential. His 21 string which starts off high (which is the 2) and the second hit which is 1 is an overhead can be pretty usefull in his tigrar variation. you can go 21 into a special or do a 2 into a mb close fireball which is a low and pops up for a combo. conditioning the opponent to stand in respect the 21 overhead can open them up into a 2 mb db4 (close fireball) combo and vice versa. Will get back into lab with him later on tonight. anyone can add me on psn at abstruspun for matches or practice. lets all level up.

P.S. Sorry for the long post lol

Last edited:
Found a few more combos, I know how to run mid combo now yay

B12U2, run cancelled into B12U2, F3 xx EN Punchwalk, F3 xx Shokan Grab

here's a corner combo that should work with every variation (Fangs might add +1%, doubt it)

B12U2, B2, F4, 3 xx EN Punchwalk, 4 xx Shokan Grab

and lastly, a combo with too many uppercuts (not actual d2's, Kuatan Warrior)

B12U2, B2, B2, B2, D2, D1 xx Chest Lunge.

The_stig

Some say....
T
Found a few more combos, I know how to run mid combo now yay

B12U2, run cancelled into B12U2, F3 xx EN Punchwalk, F3 xx Shokan Grab

here's a corner combo that should work with every variation (Fangs might add +1%, doubt it)

B12U2, B2, F4, 3 xx EN Punchwalk, 4 xx Shokan Grab

and lastly, a combo with too many uppercuts (not actual d2's, Kuatan Warrior)

B12U2, B2, B2, B2, D2, D1 xx Chest Lunge.
this is insane @SaltShaker

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
In Tigrar there's an overhead string that can be cancelled into a low MB to combo
(Ji2)-21-db2MB-NJ2-b2-f3-commandgrab (36% midscreem,1 bar)
be careful because de low fireball doesnt connet if cornered.
-Also I,ve notice that after a Ji2 you cannot make b3-MBpunchwalk... for low starter after a Ji you need to d4-Expunchwalk
-Another thing seen in training, if you do a Ji3 or 4 then if you do the stomp , it connects before your opp. wakes up (?)

So I'm trying to get the hang of Goro's J2 F21 db2 mnb nj2 F21 command grab, but I can't get the timing right for the grab. Playing on a pad, does anyone have any tips or cues that they look out for when doing this string?

JSN

hey
Found a couple corner things, mostly was messing around with Tigrar Fury.

3d3 b11u2 12 121 command grab

j2 b11u2 u1 fire breath 21 meter burn punchwalk 121 command grab

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yo his corner game in Tigrar Fury is great!

I came up with this little setup. The stomp at the end of the first combo is a bit gimmicky, but I think the low fireball is a great way to check them blocking low.

Status
Not open for further replies.