What's new

Combo List - Goro The Goro Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Lets talk about B+2, 23 frame start up, has the range of supes f+2,3 ,0 on block meaning its almost as bad for them to block it as it is to get hit by it since our command grab is only 7 frames and also

A launcher

Max range B+2, [Run]> 1,1 xx B,F+4 21%
The closer you are to the tip the tighter the run 1,1 link is but its doable from the tip this will always work

3/4 of a body distance
B+2 [Run]> 2,1 xx B+F4 27%
Better damage, better corner carry (both carry to the corner this one puts them deeper in) slighlty riskier since at that range there are much faster things in this range

Feel free to add on

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
So I'm trying to get the hang of Goro's J2 F21 db2 mnb nj2 F21 command grab, but I can't get the timing right for the grab. Playing on a pad, does anyone have any tips or cues that they look out for when doing this string?
Make sure negative edge is turned off. It makes life easier.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
This is an option I use to start matches a lot. It's only 38% for 2 bars but it carries your opponent all the way to the corner and is fairly easy to land.

F3, MB Punchwalk, F3, MB Punch walk, Shokan grab. Works in all variations.

Found this Dragon Fangs combo and I'll explain why I like it (I'm not the best player so some of you may not find it useful)

4, EX DB2, 2, 1, DB2 9 hits 35% 1 bar.

This combo is very simple to pull off online which is why I like it. Start off with a neutral 4 canceled into the meter burn dragon spin. That pops them up so you can hit them with 2, 1.

At that point you have many options you can do. Command grab gets you 36% but its much harder to hit online, I find, you have to be very precise. 2 is probably the easiest to hit for 31%, while 4 will also do 31% and leave the enemy closer to you. You can also punchwalk for 33%,. which might be good if you can punchwalk them to the corner and keep going.

I like DB2 there for a lot of reasons. First of all it puts them more toward the corner and brings you with them. Secondly it's easier to hit then the command grab and only does 1% less damage. Third if you mess up the input, you're almost assuredly going to still get the 2 to come out which is still 31% damage.

You can also MB Punchwalk there which will give you another pop up at the end but I haven't been able to get much off of the second one, typically only around 38% which doesn't seem worth it for two bars. But someone who's better at dashes/running than me might be able to do more with it.

Last edited:
idk about you guys but after just playing around with goro i just feel as though he could have been better. all of these combos are good but only if they get hit confirmed. but honestly he cant really open you up at all. Pretty slow footsies. 1 OH and a low and the OH which is 21 is pretty slow as well. And his tele is pretty punishable on whiff. idk its still early of course dont get me wrong but even this early you usually see potential in characters. Not sure if im seeing it enough so far.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
idk about you guys but after just playing around with goro i just feel as though he could have been better. all of these combos are good but only if they get hit confirmed. but honestly he cant really open you up at all. Pretty slow footsies. 1 OH and a low and the OH which is 21 is pretty slow as well. And his tele is pretty punishable on whiff. idk its still early of course dont get me wrong but even this early you usually see potential in characters. Not sure if im seeing it enough so far.
First character I played with and I'll never touch him again. He's slow, has low damage and relies on meter a lot. His corner game will be good, but damage is still lacking. I'm not sure what the designer had in mind here...Punchwalk a lot???

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Your playing him wrong Goros key tool is his command grab. At 7 frames its his fastest move the range is comparable to zangief spd. he has launchers that are 0 on block, a 0 on block stepkick a plus frame launching low the list really does go on.

Mark my words Goro is a problem.

regulas

Your Emporer
First character I played with and I'll never touch him again. He's slow, has low damage and relies on meter a lot. His corner game will be good, but damage is still lacking. I'm not sure what the designer had in mind here...Punchwalk a lot???
For some reason a lot of people who wanted to play goro were expecting high speed mix-uprushdown or something. He seems a specials oriented character i mean did you not notice that he has a SEVEN FRAME COMMAND GRAB (thats a freaking jab speed grab). Keep in mind that you do have the 5 fram jab to space or fallback onto after they block your stuff which can get you the cancel advantage enough for another special.

His telejump is meant more as a punish tool then anything, its use is sparing but still effective when you can. As with everything EX is fantastic however.

How to hit with punchwalk EX is just to do in the middle of their string, the double armor will power through and it's a garunteed hit that leads to a full combo.

Dragon fang is a chipout style: you deal like at least 5% dmg off everything you do on block. Just a 2 hit string+spin is like 8% dmg on block. Leaving you at -2 frames fast enough for your d3 to be usable which can potentially even lead to chained d3~spin chip strings.

Tigrar is a more of a zoning style, all those fireballs are super duper safe on block with a +13 on block breath that can allow you to chain into other strings as well as make frame traps.

warrior: Don't really like it that much so havnt looked into it.

For some reason a lot of people who wanted to play goro were expecting high speed mix-uprushdown or something. He seems a specials oriented character i mean did you not notice that he has a SEVEN FRAME COMMAND GRAB (thats a freaking jab speed grab). Keep in mind that you do have the 5 fram jab to space or fallback onto after they block your stuff which can get you the cancel advantage enough for another special.

His telejump is meant more as a punish tool then anything, its use is sparing but still effective when you can. As with everything EX is fantastic however.

How to hit with punchwalk EX is just to do in the middle of their string, the double armor will power through and it's a garunteed hit that leads to a full combo.

Dragon fang is a chipout style: you deal like at least 5% dmg off everything you do on block. Just a 2 hit string+spin is like 8% dmg on block. Leaving you at -2 frames fast enough for your d3 to be usable which can potentially even lead to chained d3~spin chip strings.

Tigrar is a more of a zoning style, all those fireballs are super duper safe on block with a +13 on block breath that can allow you to chain into other strings as well as make frame traps.

Tigrar i would say is his best. because of the zoning. But ill get back into the lab with him more. Idk about the tele being strictly used for punishing. you have a better chance of doing his command grab. Tele just has a crazy long start up which you can indeed be punched out of if you dont use the bar for armor. not to mention having to guess right on trying to land it. you can see it coming from a mile away if you try to use that thing as a punish. I might add its MUCH more easier to dodge then doomsdays version in injsutice.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

Not saying he doesnt have tools. It's just that other characters tools are far better. I think there will be a few people out there who will show us how dangerous Goro can be, but not for a while.

Your playing him wrong Goros key tool is his command grab. At 7 frames its his fastest move the range is comparable to zangief spd. he has launchers that are 0 on block, a 0 on block stepkick a plus frame launching low the list really does go on.

Mark my words Goro is a problem.
The reach on that grab is crappy lol chest bump in kuatan warrior is what the range SHOULD have been. Its more of a punish when the opponent is close enough. Plus i dont even think you can cancel any strings on block into the command grab which imo is a bit of a let down. But correct me on that if im wrong. is the step kick input f3? I guess i'll look more into him later on

regulas

Your Emporer
Not saying he doesnt have tools. It's just that other characters tools are far better. I think there will be a few people out there who will show us how dangerous Goro can be, but not for a while.
It feels like you havn't even glanced at any of his frame data and are just assuming it must be bad for all his specials...

It feels like you havn't even glanced at any of his frame data and are just assuming it must be bad for all his specials...
Come on bros, this is the Goro combo thread. Not the "Is Goro viable thread".
Wont discuss it anymore because its not the thread so my apologies for that. And he was the first character i touched the first two days so yes i have touched all of his variations and specials. Never said he was bad either. Said i wasnt sure if i was seeing all the potential but i said its still early.

Gr1mgr1n84

Why ask why?! When HOW is so much more FUN!
Goro's my number 2 use character! love the vids guys! lots of training to be done!

Gr1mgr1n84

Why ask why?! When HOW is so much more FUN!

Found this Dragon Fangs combo and I'll explain why I like it (I'm not the best player so some of you may not find it useful)

4, EX DB2, 2, 1, DB2 9 hits 35% 1 bar.

This combo is very simple to pull off online which is why I like it. Start off with a neutral 4 canceled into the meter burn dragon spin. That pops them up so you can hit them with 2, 1.

At that point you have many options you can do. Command grab gets you 36% but its much harder to hit online, I find, you have to be very precise. 2 is probably the easiest to hit for 31%, while 4 will also do 31% and leave the enemy closer to you. You can also punchwalk for 33%,. which might be good if you can punchwalk them to the corner and keep going.

I like DB2 there for a lot of reasons. First of all it puts them more toward the corner and brings you with them. Secondly it's easier to hit then the command grab and only does 1% less damage. Third if you mess up the input, you're almost assuredly going to still get the 2 to come out which is still 31% damage.

You can also MB Punchwalk there which will give you another pop up at the end but I haven't been able to get much off of the second one, typically only around 38% which doesn't seem worth it for two bars. But someone who's better at dashes/running than me might be able to do more with it.
I did a combo similar but I did a fj2, 21,MB DFang, 4, MB Walking Punch. If I got them in a corner i do same but end with a 112.

Aladar

Noob
Is there a better midscreen meterless combo without run cancels than string xx punch walk or b12u2 into something into fireball?

two combos from Anti-air U1/2

U1/2, B2, run, F3 xx EN Punchwalk, F3 xx Shokan Grab

U1/2, B12U2, F3 xx En Punchwalk, F3 Shokan Grab

Is there a better midscreen meterless combo without run cancels than string xx punch walk or b12u2 into something into fireball?
B12U2, B2, F3 xx Shoan Grab does 30%, 35% if grab is EN'd. Otherwise, practice run timing for your combos.

regulas

Your Emporer
In Tigrar there's an overhead string that can be cancelled into a low MB to combo
(Ji2)-21-db2MB-NJ2-b2-f3-commandgrab (36% midscreem,1 bar)
be careful because de low fireball doesnt connet if cornered.
I can't get the f3 to connect if I do the nj2 (they are knocked to far by then), but it will if I don't. Any clue what I'm doing wrong or does this need to be towards the corner?

As a more useful addition, I have found that most strings that can be cancelled into Stomp will connect before they can do anything so long as they are in a juggle state when you use the string.

So you can do 21-db2MB-b2-f21~du and the stomp will connect before they can do anything. That there does 36% without any jumps being used.

Or you can do
b12u2-f21~du for 28% no meter (18 for the string 10 extra for the stomp) for no meter.
b12u2-nj2-f21~du for 32% no meter but harder to conect.

Last edited:
am i the only one having trouble getting shokan grab after 4?
the timing feels crazy...
its been a while since i played a mk but anything helps thanks guys

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
am i the only one having trouble getting shokan grab after 4?
the timing feels crazy...
its been a while since i played a mk but anything helps thanks guys
I thought it was just me (or maybe my new MKX PDP fightpad) because I'm having a ton of trouble canceling normals into command grabs in this game. I was never a fan of the dbf motion to begin with but I never had an issue like this in Injustice so I don't get it. Hella frustrating and makes me want to avoid grapplers altogether and grapplers are life for me when it comes to fighters. Hope I get used to it with time I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.