What's new

The Armory Episode 3 Video Podcast - Major Tech, Contest Announcement, Recaps and more Tech

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@Pig Of The Hut

First off, great video. Very informative with a high signal to noise ratio. My only complaint is the list of community contacts. That should probably just be a link in the video comments or covered more quickly imo.

Which characters do you think benefit most from the option selects? for example, I've been maining covert ops Sonya. She does not have a string-cancellable special that launches for a combo therefore she will not have an option select that leads to high damage. This seems pretty detrimental if other characters are getting safe/neutral frames on block and 30%+ on hit for fast startup strings. These high damage option selects seem to be too good to pass up. How big of a detriment would you consider not having one?
Thx for the critique

I'll keep this in mind going forward and get to the nitty gritty quicker

Thx!!!

I said in the video adamantly it isn't

It's 100% staying
Idk I couldn't watch the whole thing, page kept crashing when running it too long

all I know is I heard it was getting patched out and that it was confirmed by some dude at nrs, don't remember the details just bringing it up, not here to argue with you about what you said in a video I couldn't even watch lol

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Great info in this video. The option select makes a lot more sense to me now.

@Pig Of The Hut

Do you think you could explain the OS that gets 1 special move or another depending on block or hit? Either in a PM or in this thread. Whatever works for you.

Pig Of The Hut

Idk I couldn't watch the whole thing, page kept crashing when running it too long

all I know is I heard it was getting patched out and that it was confirmed by some dude at nrs, don't remember the details just bringing it up, not here to argue with you about what you said in a video I couldn't even watch lol
It's definitely staying

Pig Of The Hut

Great info in this video. The option select makes a lot more sense to me now.

@Pig Of The Hut

Do you think you could explain the OS that gets 1 special move or another depending on block or hit? Either in a PM or in this thread. Whatever works for you.
Actually I can't because I use pad therefor it's almost impossible for me lol

@UltraDavid can help

Vandy

Kumite!
Just watched, great episode I think it is getting better with each one.

You mentioned a tier list you were going to share but never did?

One critique is I think you speak too quickly like you can't wait to get out the next thing you want to say. Slow it down a bit.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
@Pig Of The Hut

You are the MAN! These shows are awesome. I'm glad WB is recognizing your contributions to the community. I will agree with the fact that you could probably get thru the contact info for guys from each region a little faster, but everything else about your show is just great! Stuff like this is what's going to (one day) launch the FGC into real sports-calibre popularity. keep up the great work brotha!

Pig Of The Hut

Just watched, great episode I think it is getting better with each one.

You mentioned a tier list you were going to share but never did?

One critique is I think you speak too quickly like you can't wait to get out the next thing you want to say. Slow it down a bit.
Makes complete sense

Will do!! Thx man

And yea I'll show my "living tier list 1.0" next episode

The #1 reason why I decided last min not to was because jason had just come out and I didn't know if that meant a balance patch was coming the following week when I knew this episode would be released

Whitefox

Noob
Wow, just wow. This is very professionally done. Very nice editing and camera work for I "assume" an amateur first time job. "Studio" looks very good and your dialogue sounds great and is read very clear. The segments with you playing the game are very clear and straight to the point. Very good facial movement and hand movement during the segments with you talking directly to the camera. Changing the camera angles is great and makes the backgrounds and area look fresh and easy to look at.

The whole show almost looks like a very early styled G4.

Very nice job, keep up the good work.

Great stuff @Pig Of The Hut ! I must have missed the article you made about contacts but if you want to add a contact for Australia on the list you can add me to it and my twitter is @nmegabytes . We have noticed a huge growth in our scene since the release of mkx and would like to see it grow even more!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I can't draw it, but I would love to see Erron Black in, well, a black trench coat/duster. He would have silver arm and leg vambraces, as well as a bullet belt across his chest. He would have a black bandana and possibly an eye patch with a scar on the eye the patch goes over. Possibly a new hat style and gloves that are black as well. I would call this his "survivor" skin.

@Decay please make this happen. <3

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hm :|

I heard something about a tier list.

Also "key member" I thought you meant me :(
No one appreciates Lackey tech

@Pig Of The Hut meant to put this down last time lol, school be getting me. My twitter is @MalikTerry2 for all vegas people who trying to get in the scene, just contact me and i can be of assistance. Also for the vegas weekly MKX stream because we want dem viewers and want to showcase vegas MKX: twitch.tv/pressstartlv which starts 8PM pacific time standard every saturday.

Last edited:

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
@Pig Of The Hut great stuff yet again! Keep em coming.

My only small criticism is exactly what @Vandy said: just slow down the speech a bit and you'll be a perfect host. Pausing for emphasis and/or to think feel more natural than speeding on to the next word awkwardly.

Love the pre-made segments explaining tech, really informative and helpful. Suggestion: explain MKX throw system to everyone, I haven't met someone who knew it. Every time I explain it people heap praise my way, so you should get in on that action.

WATCHD0G

Noob
@Pig Of The Hut Could you do a segment on underused variations. i feel like there are variations of characters that have been written off way to early, for example, Kung Lao/ Hat trick, Mileena/Ethereal, Liu Kang/Dualist.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Great episode @Pig Of The Hut. I was aware of the option select tech but didn't really understand it and you explained it really well. I don't know how useful it would be for D'Vorah though :/. Her specials are either punishable or can be interrupted.