What's new

The Armory Episode 3 Video Podcast - Major Tech, Contest Announcement, Recaps and more Tech

Pig has become noticeably a lot smoother at talking.

Just one little thing Kung laos f23 string isn't really a good example because it is a hitconfirmable string to begin with and it is just as punishable as spin on block and also has a gap in between the strings. So the option select wouldn't be useful on that string.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig has become noticeably a lot smoother at talking.

Just one little thing Kung laos f23 string isn't really a good example because it is a hitconfirmable string to begin with and it is just as punishable as spin on block and also has a gap in between the strings. So the option select wouldn't be useful on that string.
Yea I actually remember consciously thinking "is this string punishable because it looks hella free" while recording the VoiceOver and noticing his recovery.

Hopefully the point still comes across

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I said in the video adamantly it isn't

It's 100% staying
That's absolutely stupid if these fake option selects stay. It makes smart play non existent, it pretty much makes punishable options safe for no purpose.

OS came from Street Fighter, you would input a series of options and depending on hit stop, block stun or whiff animation the correct move would come out.

For example:

Ryu knocks Ken down. Ryu jumps meaty on Ken and inputs (rapidly) j.HK cr.HK cr.LP cr.HK cr.LP cr.LK.

If Ken blocks, jump HK into a crouching light string would come out. Due to block stun, cr.HK won't come out.

If Ken back dashes, jumping HK would come out, but due to whiff animations sweep will come out instead of a crouching string.

If Ken blocks the first jump in attack he is jailed and forced to block the first cr. LP. If Ken mashes backdash, he will be hit by the second sweep input.

OS only cover a few options, NOT ALL. They also take execution to perform and are situational. Not a simple input canceled into another without any rhyme or reason.

Now, I understand this game IS NOT SFIV, but this is still a glitch and in no way using the games INTENDED mechanics to play at the truely highest level.

Basically were all forced to block raiden with no possible reward except more chip and pressure. Oh and if sub touches you, he combos.. If you block.. he pressures.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
@Pig Of The Hut Maybe I'm wrong I hope I'm not but this is working for sub's B33.... instead of down down block I'm just pressing down down and it's working just the same. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm going to keep labbing and try more characters
Confirmed u can do down down

I should have made clear I prefer down down blk oddly. I think I point that out in the VoiceOver . Sometimes I do d d d d just for weird timing for myself

Odoyle

Drops combos
Confirmed u can do down down

I should have made clear I prefer down down blk oddly. I think I point that out in the VoiceOver . Sometimes I do d d d d just for weird timing for myself
I deleted my post just in case it was premature before you replied but good to know. Great tech :)

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Definitely happening next episode

Instead of contacts I'm doing streams
I made a list a while back of a few people that I know streamed. but there are tons more. Like

Milkgasm- good friend of mine. Reptile
XbLMindGamez - mine. Sonya Goro Raiden
Wonderchef - Won NWM 7 - Entire Cast
PL - Don't need to say anything about him. KL as far as I know
JWong - Don't need to say anything about him. Raiden
MikeMetroid - Johnny Cage / Sub
SonicFoxx - Don't need to say anything about him. - Erron Black
MKTOMBRADY_VS_MKREO - The NRS Gods. REO - Entire Cast - Brady Sub

just a few that come to mind, but add the characters in there so if they want to watch that character play they can go there.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Oh man I know, just always remember I play the code - I don't write it :)

But I am looking forward to this discussion people are having about it
Well obviously everyone is going to be fine with they're characters being 100% safe, until they meet someone who does the same and the match becomes a stalemate. This needs to be taken from the game immediately or watch it fail. Like..you can't even really control what the option select does... you just do an input and viola!!

Another great episode! I really like to see more segments like your Block punishes and the more you know, I really enjoy those (and best believe I'm going to use it :) )

Maybe in a future episode (once the game gets a little more life into it), you can have viewers from the community submit clips of their gameplay and you can do a Pig's top 3 or 5 game play, comebacks, etc?

Really enjoying the show. Keep at it! :)

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Brilliant episode Pig. You're definitely becoming a natural in front of the camera. Explained everything in a clear way. Actually can't think of anything right now that would improve it.

chores

bad at things
@Pig Of The Hut

First off, great video. Very informative with a high signal to noise ratio. My only complaint is the list of community contacts. That should probably just be a link in the video comments or covered more quickly imo.

Which characters do you think benefit most from the option selects? for example, I've been maining covert ops Sonya. She does not have a string-cancellable special that launches for a combo therefore she will not have an option select that leads to high damage. This seems pretty detrimental if other characters are getting safe/neutral frames on block and 30%+ on hit for fast startup strings. These high damage option selects seem to be too good to pass up. How big of a detriment would you consider not having one?

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Great video. I'm looking for more players around my area, too. I have people here, but not too many are serious about it like other games:

Last edited: