What's new

The Armory Episode 3 Video Podcast - Major Tech, Contest Announcement, Recaps and more Tech

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Absolutely awesome pig. I'm loving this show. You've pretty much raised the bar for fgc show content.

Edit: to give my one big critique the who to contact part runs a little long perhaps. It kinda just keeps going and it's right out front. Maybe it doesn't even need to be shortened just placed later in the episode. Perhaps hook people with the content then show them how to contact people in the scene.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
My favorite show to watch, i only watched half now because i'm about to head out, i will give my feedback in full when i return and watch it all again.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Great episode @Pig Of The Hut. I was aware of the option select tech but didn't really understand it and you explained it really well. I don't know how useful it would be for D'Vorah though :/. Her specials are either punishable or can be interrupted.
That's the point of it though isn't it? The special will only come out if the safe string/normal hits, therefore making the special safe so those punishable specials become safe with this OS

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
you missed raiden,above all the tiers you mentioned(cassie,quan,kung),
great techs!

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I'm still a bit confused on the OS. Does it matter which direction you press after doing it? Is there a in depth timing description of it somewhere. I couldn't do it with kung jin's overhead into arrow, always canceled my arrow when i did down down block after inputting the f2 df2. Is the down down delayed? is the block that would be delayed? or do you need to find a perfect timing for when to dial in the special move?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Great episode @Pig Of The Hut. I was aware of the option select tech but didn't really understand it and you explained it really well. I don't know how useful it would be for D'Vorah though :/. Her specials are either punishable or can be interrupted.
Its useful in swarm queen off of f11. You enter df1 ex, follow by f2, if it hits you get a full combo off of ex wasp grenade. If they block you get f1,1,2 which you can go into wasp grenade run cancels to keep the pressure up.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It seems you know something we don't. Did paulo like confirm this or something?
I think he meant that Paulo did say that they are going to patch out 1+2+3 thing, but never mentioned this tech. So it's not that we know for sure that these OSs will stay, but rather there is nothing that indicates that they are being removed.

@Pig Of The Hut can probably correct me if I'm wrong. I would like to know more as well.

FYI after watching this i decided to go into the Dojo and test out these "option selects". Now FYI i have only tested with kung jin, but i have found if when you input the enhanced move you just hold block and tap down twice you dont need to press block a second time. so example would be 1,1,db3+block(hold block),d,d. and if he blocks enhanced wont come out and if he isnt blocking enhanced will come out and you can finish your combo.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
FYI after watching this i decided to go into the Dojo and test out these "option selects". Now FYI i have only tested with kung jin, but i have found if when you input the enhanced move you just hold block and tap down twice you dont need to press block a second time. so example would be 1,1,db3+block(hold block),d,d. and if he blocks enhanced wont come out and if he isnt blocking enhanced will come out and you can finish your combo.
U can press just down

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
This was fantastic. As a player who isn't very good, but loves the game and is working hard to get better, videos like these are so useful in not only teaching, but giving me something tangible to work on. That backdashing/armoring through strings tech is something specific that can be practiced. Whereas, when people say something like, "Work on your hit confirming, bro.", that's great and I know I need work...but how do I practice that? (Set AI to block "Random Kombo" for anyone who didn't know until 2 days ago, like me.). Again, great work and I'm looking forward to the next one in two weeks. I missed the segment where you put a forum member in timeout though.

I remember back in injustice when I was testing MMH canceling different strings into close Orbs, trying to find a block infinite ala Joker's, I recorded my dumby doing these MMH's strings cancels into Orbs on Hit. And while I was trying to interrupt some of them with pokes or armor, the Orbs wouldn't come out on block, or some completely random moves would come out. I figured back than that it was because of a different cancel advantage on block and hit.... Who knows... Maybe these OS were possible in IGAU as well:/

CurlyW

Noob
Hey, just saw this now. Good video.

Regarding a SonicFox kumite contest, I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's unlikely that we'll have time on the main stream to broadcast it. However, part of the plan for Combo Breaker is that Arturo Sanchez will be running an "after hours" stream from venue after events are over on Friday and Saturday nights (see schedule). It may be worth talking to him and seeing if he can stream it.

Pig Of The Hut

I remember back in injustice when I was testing MMH canceling different strings into close Orbs, trying to find a block infinite ala Joker's, I recorded my dumby doing these MMH's strings cancels into Orbs on Hit. And while I was trying to interrupt some of them with pokes or armor, the Orbs wouldn't come out on block, or some completely random moves would come out. I figured back than that it was because of a different cancel advantage on block and hit.... Who knows... Maybe these OS were possible in IGAU as well:/
They were lol

Pig Of The Hut

Hey, just saw this now. Good video.

Regarding a SonicFox kumite contest, I'm gonna go ahead and say that it's unlikely that we'll have time on the main stream to broadcast it. However, part of the plan for Combo Breaker is that Arturo Sanchez will be running an "after hours" stream from venue after events are over on Friday and Saturday nights (see schedule). It may be worth talking to him and seeing if he can stream it.
@Sabin ???

Max cpm??

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You mean venomous dvorah. Swarm queen has the f112 option select where on hit you get EX Wasp and on block you get f112(neutral)

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Great stuff. Really enjoyed the OS explaination and examples as well as the amor segment. Very informative for both beginners and high level players. Keep it up.