What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Has anyone tried the Ds4 for Tekken [heard it was possible on Ps3]? Just wondering how it feels for Tekken...

Also... very important technical gameplay related question. So I see you can now rock a bikini top with whatever bottom, but can my chic rock a bikini bottom with any top? This is VERY important!
Not sure about the DS. I know people who used DS controllers in TTT2 and didn't have a problem though.

Nah it's a bikini pack. So you have the outfit but you can't alter it. Not even the hair style or anything. -.-

The customs need to hurry to U.S. already but I heard they're coming soon.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Ok i always played Tekken but nothing serious, just simple combos and casual fun but never tried to advance my game.
I think i need a mentor for Tekken 7, anybody here?
There's a bunch of info throughout the thread, anything you wanna know just ask away.

Play-wise, that comes like anything else, just play more and more until it gets easier. I wouldn't recommend that awful Tekken Revolution so I would say play TTT2 with a few characters in preparation for Tekken 7. Since you'll be transitioning to T7 you can use TTT2 for all your lab practice (practice mode is great in it), learning the harder combos, execution on things like EWGF, etc, and play online from time to time (in the real godlike Netcode) to feel it out. My order of learning characters in Tekken is this-

-Learn their BnB's and know what their best moves are, pokes are, etc.
-Play people and get destroyed for an indefinite amount of time.
-Evaluate why these best moves aren't working for me as they do others who main the character.
-Make the changes and lose more respectfully next time.
-Start adjusting to MU's better with more exp as the character becomes more comfortable.
-100 years later (or what feels like it) begin to start winning enough matches.

For some characters, easier characters like the new T7 guy Claudio or picking up Paul or Law you learn pretty quick. Then there's other guys like Hwoarang where I'll see you in 2017. So you also have to think which one you'll be trying to go all in with.

But yea man, Tekken is an amazing balanced, diverse game so if you haven't wore it out for over a decade like me or Skkra or a few others (even though we still play it) then it'll feel fresh to you.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Another one from Harada the god with a juicy vid in the tweet

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/s...168663302303745
Wow. That's just absurd. That's the elbow into Smasher I was talking about. The rage doesn't add damage anymore it just gives access to the Ultra's. On CH elbow into Smasher that's exactly how much damage it does at all times.

It's like the worst damage of all the Smasher's and from the sound of that tweet it might stay.

Damn. Damn...

Wow. That's just absurd. That's the elbow into Smasher I was talking about. The rage doesn't add damage anymore it just gives access to the Ultra's. On CH elbow into Smasher that's exactly how much damage it does at all times.

It's like the worst damage of all the Smasher's and from the sound of that tweet it might stay.

Damn. Damn...
It may change, I think this tweet was dated before the last one I posted. The elbow into smasher is what I found on TR earlier today, It seemed to evade highs much more than TTT2. I also like that when you cancel Paul's super, you can dash under and juggle off that. Great use for switching positions when your back is at the wall.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It may change, I think this tweet was dated before the last one I posted. The elbow into smasher is what I found on TR earlier today, It seemed to evade highs much more than TTT2. I also like that when you cancel Paul's super, you can dash under and juggle off that. Great use for switching positions when your back is at the wall.
Yea it does in T7 too. Pretty good high counter. It's so annoying because when it hits, you know whats coming lol. Paul has the 2nd best Focus attack and Ultra in the game behind Hwo. It's really really good. Out here he's probably the most used character so I'm getting a lot of exp against him.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I love that everyone is enjoying seeing Lili be low tier haha. Damn you all! Thats my girl. Has been since the moment she came out, when she stole me away from Bryan, who I'd been serious with since T3. It was a tense time and I dont like to talk about it.

I'm completely unsurprised that she would be bad though. She was awful in TR because of the system changes, so it makes sense that she'd be bad here too.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I love that everyone is enjoying seeing Lili be low tier haha. Damn you all! Thats my girl. Has been since the moment she came out, when she stole me away from Bryan, who I'd been serious with since T3. It was a tense time and I dont like to talk about it.

I'm completely unsurprised that she would be bad though. She was awful in TR because of the system changes, so it makes sense that she'd be bad here too.
Not my main, but still love Lili. Hope she gets some frames changed in her favor prior to release.

Side note. That Paul damage is ridiculously stupid.

You deserve more suffering.
Muahahahahaha sorry @Skkra I have to agree with SaltShaker.

Yea it does in T7 too. Pretty good high counter. It's so annoying because when it hits, you know whats coming lol. Paul has the 2nd best Focus attack and Ultra in the game behind Hwo. It's really really good. Out here he's probably the most used character so I'm getting a lot of exp against him.
Do you think people use Paul because of the power factor or because people using him as he is a good starter character?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Do you think people use Paul because of the power factor or because people using him as he is a good starter character?
I think it's a few things. Some people probably are carrying over from older games. Some I can see are new or came from TTT2 only and probably started with him.

Paul is a character that on the early levels you can have much more success with as opposed to say, playing Yoshi or Ling for only 3 weeks. Straight forward style, high damage short combos, a "shoto type" of character so to say. So he's both beginner friendly and has enough high level stuff to him to compliment a lot of people. I think that's why he's more commonly picked.

I think it's a few things. Some people probably are carrying over from older games. Some I can see are new or came from TTT2 only and probably started with him.

Paul is a character that on the early levels you can have much more success with as opposed to say, playing Yoshi or Ling for only 3 weeks. Straight forward style, high damage short combos, a "shoto type" of character so to say. So he's both beginner friendly and has enough high level stuff to him to compliment a lot of people. I think that's why he's more commonly picked.
I hope it brings more people in to play Tekken, its just gonna feel odd facing 50 million Pauls.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I hope it brings more people in to play Tekken, its just gonna feel odd facing 50 million Pauls.
Haha well you'll always have the scrubs who pick Hwo and mash xxxo. :DOGE

I think the most common characters I've seen people use so far is Claudio, Paul, Asuka, (bad) Kazuya, Law, and Lili.

Characters I either haven't even seen outside of me and my friend or barely see are Gigas, Heihachi, and Leo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
you guys know death punch is REALLY punishable right...unless you're the williams sisters e_e
Yea that's why he can't spam it. I can Pop him up on block or side step it if at a slight angle. But the damage will always be absurd lol. Hopefully not 65% Elbow CH into Smasher absurd though lol.

you guys know death punch is REALLY punishable right...unless you're the williams sisters e_e
Yes I know that since Paul is my main, I think it is -17 at all ranges. (not 100% sure, I really need to learn the frame data) If you hit it from far, the pushback is pretty good.

Edit: Replied too slow lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yes I know that since Paul is my main, I think it is -17 at all ranges. (not 100% sure, I really need to learn the frame data) If you hit it from far, the pushback is pretty good.

Edit: Replied too slow lol
Haha I was thinking and really Paul's 3 hits of death is nothing new. He's being doing that forever with CH Smasher's, and in other games when counting the wall or oki options, well...

Haha I was thinking and really Paul's 3 hits of death is nothing new. He's being doing that forever with CH Smasher's, and in other games when counting the wall or oki options, well...
I think its because Paul throughout the series has had less moves compared to everyone else. l think if they just decided to take away the damage they would have to give him lots of moves to compensate.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Ok i always played Tekken, nothing serious tho, just simple combos and casual fun but never tried to advance my game.
I think i need a mentor for Tekken 7, anybody here?
I pretty much in the same boat as you. I always loved the game but never went so far to learn all the intricacies of MUs and such. There are some pretty knowledgeable people in here. Like @SaltShaker said, If you really wanted to prepare I would buy TTT2. The training mode is great and they have an interactive tutorial mode. I don't know how good that is but I played a couple of lessons and it seemed pretty good. Level Up Your Game did a few character breakdowns and if they didn't do a character you're interested it's still a good watch at least once to see how they break a character down and things to look for when learning.

Haha well you'll always have the scrubs who pick Hwo and mash xxxo.
Wait, is that not how Hwo and Baek worked? XXXX XXXX was my favorite Baek combo in T3. Kinda upset they changed it later. Now they expect me to do some kinda stance cancel and shit. FUCK THAT. 2 Buttons for life.