What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
huh! Pls explain, the more better Jin looks for me, its great, i need to know everything (Muahahaha!)

How Bad?
Haha yea it's bad. Like I've played Asuka on the side since T5 and my friend has either main'd or co main Jin since T4, so playing the MU feels right at home. In T5-6-TTT2 it didn't feel bad at all, felt at least close to even.

In T7 I'll go like 1-7 before switching characters. This has happened about 4 separate times now lol. There's just nothing she can do anymore. His improved low game breaks her, she has nothing for his bulldog'ing which is as strong as ever, nothing to stop his mixups, he outranges her, faster than her, out pokes her, out turtles her, and she has no comeback factor while Jin's comeback factor is great. You can't push buttons lololol. Then if I switch characters to like Katarina vs Jin, or he switches characters to Asuka vs Jack, etc, all of a sudden we're even again lol.

It's one of the only MU's we've played were both of us are like "wtf is this?" Lol!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Haha yea it's bad. Like I've played Asuka on the side since T5 and my friend has either main'd or co main Jin since T4, so playing the MU feels right at home. In T5-6-TTT2 it didn't feel bad at all, felt at least close to even.

In T7 I'll go like 1-7 before switching characters. This has happened about 4 separate times now lol. There's just nothing she can do anymore. His improved low game breaks her, she has nothing for his bulldog'ing which is as strong as ever, nothing to stop his mixups, he outranges her, faster than her, out pokes her, out turtles her, and she has no comeback factor while Jin's comeback factor is great. You can't push buttons lololol. Then if I switch characters to like Katarina vs Jin, or he switches characters to Asuka vs Jack, etc, all of a sudden we're even again lol.

It's one of the only MU's we've played were both of us are like "wtf is this?" Lol!
Dayummm
As far as i'm spectating, everyone has Jin as a top 10, and everyone keeps saying he has a lot of bullshits.
No matter how i look at it, they way he can side step to whiff punish with EWHF is so god send, and the best part is that his wall carry game is equally strong.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Just to spice things up a bit, i've been researching T7 tier list and mostly every has this in general

S - Kaz - DVJ - Claudio - Shaheen
S/A+ - Bryan - Jin -Drag
A+ - Hwo - Feng - Law - Ling - Josie - Steve - Leo
A - Paul - King - Kazumi - Jack 7 - Kat - Lili - Alisa - Hei - Lars
A- - Yoshi - LC - Gigas - Asuka

border - Means players that are at the border of a tier.
Oh shit haha!!! This is almost identical to what I have been saying!!! Lolol!! If Asia agrees with me, it's proof that my Tekken knowledge shall not be doubted. :coffee:

Things I would certainly change-

-Switching Lili and Yoshi. Yoshi's unpredictability outweighs Lili's unsafety I'd say.

-I'd switch King and Steve. King's grab game in a nerfed grab game gives him a bonus, and Steve has to work so hard for things that Claudio/Katarina can do in 4 minutes of practice.

-I'd move Claudio down with the Bryan, Jin, Drag crew. He's definitely good, but he isn't Shaheen/DJ good because that's "broken" types of good. He isn't "I have all advantages at all times" good like those two lol.

The rest I pretty much agree with for the most part which is crazy lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Tier list discussion on a tekken forum

Some dude: "I have been watching a lot of T7 streams, but just an observation: Does anyone thing that Shaheen is too strong? Like, stupid, guaranteed oki, dumb damage, awesome 50/50... I read about the whole 4,1 debacle, but the dude seems like too good. Oh and easy execution to boot? Seems a little too good to be true no?"

Random Dude: "Yeah he has everything he needs & he's also easy to use."

I'm laughing my ass off over here haha.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Dayummm
As far as i'm spectating, everyone has Jin as a top 10, and everyone keeps saying he has a lot of bullshits.
No matter how i look at it, they way he can side step to whiff punish with EWHF is so god send, and the best part is that his wall carry game is equally strong.
Yup, I actually think he is in a "just outside the Top 5" type of spot. He's so good in this one. He does have a lot, but it doesn't feel "stupid" like when you fight Shaheen. With Jin you have to know what you're doing and execute at the right times, but yea, I call him the "complete" character because he has no real weakness, but also is harder than some other characters to tap their full potential. Like for me, I couldn't use him to beat any of my friends top few characters, but for him who has main'd Jin for a decade, he does better against my Bryan now than he did in TTT2 or T6. I would usually win say 6.5/10 in this MU over the years, but at the moment we pretty much go 50/50. That toolset is too real lol.

At the wall he is beastly, top 5 wall game easy. A lot of damage and traps, and can blow you up on good reads with parry, GodFist, etc.

Matter fact now that I'm thinking about it, #NerfJin! :DOGE

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Don't you fucking dare, he fucking needs it.

:DOGE
Haha!!! Nah he is fine. Nothing wrong with strong characters as long as they aren't dumb. Cough *Shaheen* Cough.

To me he is the epitome of how a strong character should be made. His gameplay design in this one is nearly flawless.

Feel like that about half of the cast actually, but the ones like Jin, Drag, Bryan, Ling, and Hwo really stand out in this game. These characters were done as perfect as could be.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Haha!!! Nah he is fine. Nothing wrong with strong characters as long as they aren't dumb. Cough *Shaheen* Cough.

To me he is the epitome of how a strong character should be made. His gameplay design in this one is nearly flawless.

Feel like that about half of the cast actually, but the ones like Jin, Drag, Bryan, Ling, and Hwo really stand out in this game. These characters were done as perfect as could be.
I got my eyes on them, also

https://twitter.com/flying_wonkey/status/634422369583403008

It seems nerfs are coming, hahaha.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I got my eyes on them, also

https://twitter.com/flying_wonkey/status/634422369583403008

It seems nerfs are coming, hahaha.
He's 100% right!!! I mean I petition for buffs on characters all the time, but rarely if ever call for nerfs. Shaheen is an exception. If he doesn't get nerfed, which I'm sure he will, T7 would have a new T4 Jin or Vanilla T6 Bob. He's that good, and to make it worse he's super braindead to use lol.

The worst of both worlds. -.-

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Are Supers guaranteed on a backturned Ling if done at the right time? I also don't know if there are major frame start up differences for Supers, assuming yes.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, the comments on Shaheem LOL

Kazuya player: Having a safe hopkick (Orbital Heel) is pretty broken as well.
Shaheen is like Bob, Law, and Lars all in one. He's that cheap.

Kuni player: "DON'T DROP THE COMBO!"
"I dropped it"
"Lol. Just do some more 4,1"

Gold.

Hworang player: Don't get it

Ana main: Flow Chart

A Dude defending Shaheem: Ok I can see how Shaheen is strong and possibly no.1 in the game, but nothing in his arsenal screams broken. People are seriously complaining about a safe orbital heel! What's its speed?

Would changing the hitbox on his ws3 so that it no longer hits grounded opponents make him less outrageous?

Uknown main: He is broken. All he needs to do is to launch you twice and you're dead. Since his orbital heel is safe, it can be spammed and you will be done if he would catch you twice with that. Doesn't that make you nervous? He also has a 15 frame hopkick just in case you need a faster low crusher and it reaches more than other people's hopkick except for Claudio's.

He's got a 14 frame hit confirm db21 mh. You don't have to use db21 as his 14 frame punisher because he has another 14 frame move fb2 that does 30%.

His slide is even harder to punish than law's slide because he goes flat to the ground quicker.

The list can go on forever.

Another dude defending shaheem (Note: Mains Devil Jin): I do agree that hes really good, but not as good as you say. I can confirm that db21 is definitely not hit confirmable (haha puns). I spent a long time in the arcade trying to hc it, and I could barely do it. You would have to be super on point to successfully hc. Maybe I'm bad, but I don't think its supposed to be hc. Its also mid high, so if you fail to hc, you can get punished pretty heavily. Also, though orbital heel is safe and has a great vertical and horizontal hitbox, it does not track at all to Shaheen's right. uf4 is also a great hopkick, but lots of characters have 15f hopkicks and shaheens is equally punishable (I think its around -13). My point is, though Shaheen has a lot of great moves, most of them have some kind of weakness, making them not completely broken. If the opponent is able to guess correctly and bait out any of the above moves, shaheen can get punished (t6 and ttt2 bob, on the other hand, can get away with that bs backswing blow even if the opponent expects it and does a move he thinks will beat it). The only really cheap (potentially "broken") thing he has is the guaranteed ws3 imo. Everything else does have some sort of weakness.

LOL

He's 100% right!!! I mean I petition for buffs on characters all the time, but rarely if ever call for nerfs. Shaheen is an exception. If he doesn't get nerfed, which I'm sure he will, T7 would have a new T4 Jin or Vanilla T6 Bob. He's that good, and to make it worse he's super braindead to use lol.

The worst of both worlds. -.-
You know when stuff is bad when T4 Jin is mentioned lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You know when stuff is bad when T4 Jin is mentioned lol
Lmaoooooo!!!! When I'm old and 75 I'll be telling my grandkids about how they "don't know how lucky they are playing games with patches, because once upon a time there was this character named Jin in a game called Tekken 4. Once they put the new hoodie on him, he became a scary scary man". :DOGE

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
@SaltShaker if you think lili is unsafe look up anna's god damn frames. She sneezes and you can launch punish her. Lili's not that unsafe and she has quite a few moves that are + on block.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@SaltShaker if you think lili is unsafe look up anna's god damn frames. She sneezes and you can launch punish her. Lili's not that unsafe and she has quite a few moves that are + on block.
Anna? Who's that? :DOGE

Anna had tons of compensation though. What does Lili have left?

-A couple of normal hitting strings are blockable after the 2nd hit now and is too fast to hit confirm.

-More unsafe, like say her regular 123 string is punishable enough that I can take a nap, wake up and punish, where as before it was a tight window of a WR attack. Or her FF2 mid into combos was safe before (or poke punishable) but now it's full combo punishable. Etc.

-Slower. Her DB4 is super slow and reactable now for full combo block punishes. Much riskier to use. Her transitions are slower making it easier to blow it up. Etc.

-Weaker. Her damage is less than ever. Hope you enjoyed those back turned combo damages, now they do less. Her low combo starter does less damage, her tailspin combos do less than most of the cast, etc.

She still has some good stuff yea, but she took a significant hit in this version of the game safety wise.

I just threw in the weaker part for fun because she's ass now. :DOGE

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hahaha!!! If this was a different forum I'd have a couple of stories to tell.
Had his asian GF cosplay as Tekken characters . . . .Kreygasm.

Yeah, they are, and for the looks of it, Kazuya is the only one who can do them with his mist step into "Dorya", all others are 14 f

Just to spice things up a bit, i've been researching T7 tier list and mostly every has this in general

S - Kaz - DVJ - Claudio - Shaheen
S/A+ - Bryan - Jin -Drag
A+ - Hwo - Feng - Law - Ling - Josie - Steve - Leo
A - Paul - King - Kazumi - Jack 7 - Kat - Lili - Alisa - Hei - Lars
A- - Yoshi - LC - Gigas - Asuka

border - Means players that are at the border of a tier.
Tekken is one of 2 games where I picked good characters. Thanks Law! Thanks Hwo! But I somehow still pick struggle characters like Lucky Chloe:(

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
How do people play with King on a regular controller? I can't imagine doing the chain grabs without a stick.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
How do people play with King on a regular controller? I can't imagine doing the chain grabs without a stick.
When I tried learning those I would go into claw mode once the grab started. I don't need to worry about anything but the buttons at that point Same for Paul, Nina, Jack (I think they had a chain grab or 2). Also did this when I tried Wrestler Jax's chain grab.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
When I tried learning those I would go into claw mode once the grab started. I don't need to worry about anything but the buttons at that point Same for Paul, Nina, Jack (I think they had a chain grab or 2). Also did this when I tried Wrestler Jax's chain grab.
Yea I was playing TTT2 on a regular controller a litte bit ago before I head out and it felt so weird. Haven't done that since like Tekken 5. I should have set the trigger buttons to make it easier.

Speaking of Nina, I'm getting impatient now. When her and Julia come back the game will be complete for me.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Has anyone tried the Ds4 for Tekken [heard it was possible on Ps3]? Just wondering how it feels for Tekken...

Also... very important technical gameplay related question. So I see you can now rock a bikini top with whatever bottom, but can my chic rock a bikini bottom with any top? This is VERY important!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Has anyone tried the Ds4 for Tekken [heard it was possible on Ps3]? Just wondering how it feels for Tekken...

Also... very important technical gameplay question. So I see you can now rock a bikini top with whatever bottom, but can my chic rock a bikini bottom with any top? This is VERY important!
I don't see how a DS4 would work on PS3 but I'm liking the dpad although it seems diagonals are too easy to hit by mistake. I'm looking forward to the madcatz fightpad.

Couldn't you put a bikini bottom with any top in TTT2? I'm sure Harada will give us plenty of ways to make our female fighters fashionably dressed as we please.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I don't see how a DS4 would work on PS3 but I'm liking the dpad although it seems diagonals are too easy to hit by mistake. I'm looking forward to the madcatz fightpad.
Don't know how, but I remember Fab doing so. And yes the iffy diagonals were my concern.

Couldn't you put a bikini bottom with any top in TTT2? I'm sure Harada will give us plenty of ways to make our female fighters fashionably dressed as we please.
No, you could not mix and match those in TTT2, or change the color.