What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I pretty much in the same boat as you. I always loved the game but never went so far to learn all the intricacies of MUs and such. There are some pretty knowledgeable people in here. Like @SaltShaker said, If you really wanted to prepare I would buy TTT2. The training mode is great and they have an interactive tutorial mode. I don't know how good that is but I played a couple of lessons and it seemed pretty good. Level Up Your Game did a few character breakdowns and if they didn't do a character you're interested it's still a good watch at least once to see how they break a character down and things to look for when learning.

Wait, is that not how Hwo and Baek worked? XXXX XXXX was my favorite Baek combo in T3. Kinda upset they changed it later. Now they expect me to do some kinda stance cancel and shit. FUCK THAT. 2 Buttons for life.
Haha I still remember back in the day when I was a scrub thinking I was Godlike because I would do Baek's 10 hit. If I remember correct it was oxoxxxxxox, and after one of the low hits in the middle the rest of the combo was guaranteed, and the last hit would pop up for a juggle carry haha!!! It was the true scrub of the scrubs moves to make people think you were good lol.

Played against Baek/Hwo team in TTT2 today, I got wrecked so bad.
That can be a pretty touch team to fight when the player is good. I'm going to miss Baek and his mixups since he is likely gone. Like Eddy said, Hwo has some of Baek moves which spells doom.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Just in case anyone was wondering, I'll be spending the next 3 to 3 and a half hours playing Tekken 7. Just in case the wonders of thoughts had arisen in anyone.

#SaltShakerSpreadsSalt
#SSSS
#:DOGE

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I hope someone gets the buttons sticky and makes the stick only work in 1 direction. AND you never get customization. But online will work but only through wifi . . .from another building . . .and it only connects to a Korean arcade. . .that is also using wifi.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I unironically loved the way Combot worked in TTT2.

I hope him and that system return.

Nothing more hype than Combot mirrors online in player match.

Just two shitty, completely unbalanced, fully customized robots ramming into each other intensely.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I hope someone gets the buttons sticky and makes the stick only work in 1 direction. AND you never get customization. But online will work but only through wifi . . .from another building . . .and it only connects to a Korean arcade. . .that is also using wifi.
Even then the arcade online battle connection between our machines will be better than MKX online. :rolleyes:

haketh

Noob
Oh yeah, played T7 a few days ago. Feng is still my shit, gotta relearn stick, what the fuck is Katarina doing, my King is trash, Kasumi is tight as fuck, that Lunge of Claudio'sis fucking cheap, I love Tekken, Goddamn Xaiyou does damage this game

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Oh yeah, played T7 a few days ago. Feng is still my shit, gotta relearn stick, what the fuck is Katarina doing, my King is trash, Kasumi is tight as fuck, that Lunge of Claudio'sis fucking cheap, I love Tekken, Goddamn Xaiyou does damage this game
Welcome. Welcome to what Heaven feels like.

Feng is the man in this game. Probably his best version ever since his ridiculous vanilla one. Katarina is ok, fairly straightforward style. King is really good so brush him off! I agree Kazumi is boss (no pun intended). Everything about Claudio is cheap, braindead, and strong so can we delete him please? No? Damn. Xiaoyu is strong too. So many strong characters haha.

Up in nyc they're already playing competitively. All the good players are coming out in the evening and waiting for next with the machines. It gets crazy competitive. I heard I missed a MM the other day that started from salt lol.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
What's wrong with these Jersey boys thinking they can come here with their subpar TTT2 skills and challenge the God?!? Sent them boys packin right back down the block from @WidowPuppy! :joker:
Is that why people with suitcases are knockin on my door? And that also explains my subpar TTT2 skills. I thought it was just my inexperience with older Tekken's and the fact that I'm an old fart.

:D

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
What's wrong with these Jersey boys thinking they can come here with their subpar TTT2 skills and challenge the God?!? Sent them boys packin right back down the block from @WidowPuppy! :joker:
Is that why people with suitcases are knockin on my door? And that also explains my subpar TTT2 skills. I thought it was just my inexperience with older Tekken's and the fact that I'm an old fart.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Haha I had to leave to get back in time for the football game, but it was hilarious how salty they were getting. Begging for runbacks amongst themselves lol. They were actually good though, they took some games off me. They probably just didn't expect random corporate America guy to show up and cause wreck lol.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Haha I had to leave to get back in time for the football game, but it was hilarious how salty they were getting. Begging for runbacks amongst themselves lol. They were actually good though, they took some games off me. They probably just didn't expect random corporate America guy to show up and cause wreck lol.
Like... "Who is dis guy!" Haha, NICE!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Dat Yoshi combo, hehheh.

Amazing! Some of those I think are set to CH on each hit so the damage might be slightly higher than it would be, but still super good stuff. That Yoshi one was awesome.

One of my best memories in Tekken was in T5 DR in the final match of pools I used Anna because I knew FBI hated the Anna and Nina MU, and at the time she was almost as good as my co main. In the 2nd match I hit him with Anna's high shoulder crush that pops up on CH, and in that game she had a crazy combo at the right distance. If I remember it was :d:qtr1, UF3, 1, UF 1 3 3+4, wall splat, FF 3 4 3 :l, B4 (or something like that it's been 10 years lol) and it took 90%. They crowd went INSANE lol. I felt like I could float from the feeling of power haha!!! Good times.

I'm bout to fire up TTT2 tonight and practice with my Ike and Tina (Bruce and Anna).
Two of my favorites in the series. But both likely aren't making the T7 cut. :(

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Won't make the cut... You're maining Bruce right now. :DOGE

T7 could use some Anna [throwin +2 bows], with those booty smash wall enders.
The faster, less braindead, slightly less combo damage, better mixup, more technical and execution heavy version of Bruce. It's as if she was made for me lol.

Anna was one of those characters that I was really good with in every Tekken but never was my main. I hope she comes back in a future game but Katarina makes me doubt it.

Curious to see if it will be a reveal, a release date, or both at the Tokyo Game Show this week. Super hype. If it's a character I'm guessing either a new one or Nina is next.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
The faster, less braindead, slightly less combo damage, better mixup, more technical and execution heavy version of Bruce. It's as if she was made for me lol.

Anna was one of those characters that I was really good with in every Tekken but never was my main. I hope she comes back in a future game but Katarina makes me doubt it.

Curious to see if it will be a reveal, a release date, or both at the Tokyo Game Show this week. Super hype. If it's a character I'm guessing either a new one or Nina is next.
Can't wait to rock some Josie.

Yeah, Anna was one of my favorite Tag partners to put with a main. Her FC game was pretty scary, and I used to love to see how many elbows I could get into a combo. If they bring her back and take the stagger on blocked away from her low like I heard it used to be, then she'll be part of my gang of bitches too.

I doubt they're releasing a console date [will be happy to be wrong]. I'll be hyped if they release a character or two, maybe along with a new stage.
I know it won't be Julia because they gotta save the best for last so, I'm okay with that.