What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So we finally made our way through the entire cast and gave them all enough run. I need to take the time to write my major thoughts, but my short version is this.

-Nerf Shaheen please thanks.

-New Side Step system isn't as good as the old one, but I've adjusted and it changes the gameplay. Maybe not as bad as initial thought. Removed some depth but also keeps the pace a little more aggressive/active.

-Asuka, Gigas, Lili, and Lucky Chloe are ass. Everyone else seems either strong, very strong, or Shaheen.

-Other than Josie and Kazumi, the new characters are much easier to play strategy and execution wise than older cast members. Especially Shaheen, Katarina, and Claudio.

-Other than some things that need to be removed from characters (Paul, Jack, Chloe) the game is incredibly balanced overall.

-Wall game is nerfed. You can get your setups and combos, but the damage is less than before and it's easier for them to get off the wall.

-Dragonuv is probably the most underrated in the game. Very, very good character.

-Jin is probably the most complete character in the game without being "cheap". Strong fundamentals will carry this character to the promise land. Has everything you could ever need, with nothing being "OP".

-Fuck Ling.
-Fuck Paul.
-Fuck DJ.

-Lars seems significantly less powerful than his prior incarnations, but still good enough to hang.

-Yoshimitsu is Yoshimitsu, just trickier than ever to say the least. I don't see how this guy well ever be able to be "downloaded" because he has so many mixups and options that it's insane.

-Stages are well rounded and diverse. The wall breaks and floor breaks are located differently in different stages, and some have multiple wall breaks or ground breaks.

-I'm going to get fired for spending too much of my work hours in the arcade.

That's my short version lol.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Kasumi is tech, oooh. Do tell...
Yea she's definitely the most "skill required" character to use out of the new cast. You can tell they made her to appeal to casuals on a low level and difficult for a challenge at a high level. Her BnB's are fairly simply on hit, but her hit confirms into combos are tricky on when to do what to stay safe or go for the combo.

If you don't commit on say, a hit into her hop you'll miss out on a combo opportunity. If you commit and you're wrong you'll get blown up. She has a couple of reallyyyyyy good mid pokes. Primarily a defensive character who can make reads and turtle an entire match. Great punishers, hop cancel away is a godlike defensive move, strong whiff punishers, that type of playstyle. She takes a lot of patience, not only on defense but her pressure game is very slow, poke oriented to frustrate people into mistakes. She feels like the type of character that people would think is bad because she doesn't have the flare outside of the literal tiger uppercuts, but if you play her "SF 3rd Strike Chun-Li" style she's really good.

I might stick with her because I like how she slows the fight down.

Oh without question, who wouldn't?

I had a girlfriend a few years ago who looked almost identical to the girl in that pic for about 4-5 months. She had just moved here from Japan like a couple of months before we met. Needless to say, life was, good. :coffee:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yea she's definitely the most "skill required" character to use out of the new cast. You can tell they made her to appeal to casuals on a low level and difficult for a challenge at a high level. Her BnB's are fairly simply on hit, but her hit confirms into combos are tricky on when to do what to stay safe or go for the combo.

If you don't commit on say, a hit into her hop you'll miss out on a combo opportunity. If you commit and you're wrong you'll get blown up. She has a couple of reallyyyyyy good mid pokes. Primarily a defensive character who can make reads and turtle an entire match. Great punishers, hop cancel away is a godlike defensive move, strong whiff punishers, that type of playstyle. She takes a lot of patience, not only on defense but her pressure game is very slow, poke oriented to frustrate people into mistakes. She feels like the type of character that people would think is bad because she doesn't have the flare outside of the literal tiger uppercuts, but if you play her "SF 3rd Strike Chun-Li" style she's really good.

I might stick with her because I like how she slows the fight down.

I had a girlfriend a few years ago who looked almost identical to the girl in that pic for about 4-5 months. She had just moved here from Japan like a couple of months before we met. Needless to say, life was, good. :coffee:
So she's a turtling footsie monster, sounds interesting. I might have to add her to my gang of bitches. Thanks for the rundown.

And to your Ling response... Love asian girls. Nom nom nom nom nom!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Man I need this game to come out already. Ugh. I don't even have anything interesting to add. @SaltShaker can you customize in arcade?

That knuckle du life.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So she's a turtling footsie monster, sounds interesting. I might have to add her to my gang of bitches. Thanks for the rundown.
Yea no doubt. Yea that's definitely where I'd put her. Very strong poke game above all, with strong defensive tools. She'll be the character people call boring to fight while we smile in victory lol.

Man I need this game to come out already. Ugh. I don't even have anything interesting to add. @SaltShaker can you customize in arcade?
Nope still no cards activate yet but I heard we were gonna get them. I'm dying for some customs and stat saving now!!! Only so many times you can watch the same outfit.

And to your Ling response... Love asian girls. Nom nom nom nom nom!
That knuckle du life.
Hahaha!!! If this was a different forum I'd have a couple of stories to tell. :DOGE

I really hope Paul has his hair down custom available. I was having a conversation with my training partner about getting prepared for Tekken 7 and one thing he mentioned was that playing Tekken Revolution would probably help prepare you for most of the movement changes. How true is this? I do not want to play that game ever again.

This game needs to be released now on console or in the UK arcades. Watching Tekken Crash with the female commentator saying "wooaahh" every 5 mins in killing me slowly

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I really hope Paul has his hair down custom available. I was having a conversation with my training partner about getting prepared for Tekken 7 and one thing he mentioned was that playing Tekken Revolution would probably help prepare you for most of the movement changes. How true is this? I do not want to play that game ever again.
I've also heard people say this. They say it'll prepare you more than TTT2 would. It may be true because T7 is very, very different than TTT2.

But I wouldn't know because I played Tekken Revolution for about 9 days total before I never played it again, went back to TTT2, and erased it from my memory permanently.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I guess that I may have to install it again just to test out the changes.
Fuck that shit game. Just practice your spacing and punishing/parrying on TTT2. When t7 drops you'll just have to learn new combos and drop your old oki set ups. But... you'll be on point with the most important things, movement and defense. and... you'll have more fun.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Fuck that shit game. Just practice your spacing and punishing/parrying on TTT2. When t7 drops you'll just have to learn new combos and drop your old oki set ups. But... you'll be on point with the most important things, movement and defense. and... you'll have more fun.
This is true, this is the second week and i'm actually doing some T7 Jin combos on TTT2

Also, my goal on re-playing TTT2 is just to master movement, Wavedashes and EWGFs and make them consistent as much as i can, i never played Tekken on Sticks until i got mine, but even i sold my PS3 along with my games, i didn't put much effort in learning the movement that well on stick.

But these last weeks is all about wavedashes and Korean backdashes, sidestep EWGF punishes and PEWGF (perfect electric wind godfist) punishes

I'm not sure, but it feels like all Electric in the game are 14f

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know the PEWGF is supposed to be 13. Not sure in T7 though.
Yeah, they are, and for the looks of it, Kazuya is the only one who can do them with his mist step into "Dorya", all others are 14 f

Just to spice things up a bit, i've been researching T7 tier list and mostly every has this in general

S - Kaz - DVJ - Claudio - Shaheen
S/A+ - Bryan - Jin -Drag
A+ - Hwo - Feng - Law - Ling - Josie - Steve - Leo
A - Paul - King - Kazumi - Jack 7 - Kat - Lili - Alisa - Hei - Lars
A- - Yoshi - LC - Gigas - Asuka

border - Means players that are at the border of a tier.