What's new

Stamina "Cool Down" on Combo Breakers - Is it too Long?

Is the Stamina cool down too long?

• Total voters

haketh

Noob
without making breakers basically useless for some characters, which they are.
They're not useless as they are right now, come on now. Not even close, yeah some characters are penalized more than others but oh well that's fighting games & be happy you even get the oppurtunity to break without being baited & punished. Breaking in this game is guaranteed, the punishment needs to be steep & the punishment as it is now is fine.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
They're not useless as they are right now, come on now. Not even close, yeah some characters are penalized more than others but oh well that's fighting games & be happy you even get the oppurtunity to break without being baited & punished. Breaking in this game is guaranteed, the punishment needs to be steep & the punishment as it is now is fine.
Why would you ever breaker as Cassie? They just get to run in and 50/50 you again, and even if it's unsafe, you can't punish them because everything requires stamina. Even if the combo is gonna kill you, it won't matter really because again, they can run up and do whatever the hell they want while you sit there holding all the dats.

Losing two meter and all your stamina is steep. The ridiculously long cooldown and freezing in place is unwarranted. But it doesn't matter anyways, it's not like they're gonna change it.

haketh

Noob
Why would you ever breaker as Cassie? They just get to run in and 50/50 you again, and even if it's unsafe, you can't punish them because everything requires stamina. Even if the combo is gonna kill you, it won't matter really because again, they can run up and do whatever the hell they want while you sit there holding all the dats.

Losing two meter and all your stamina is steep. The ridiculously long cooldown and freezing in place is unwarranted. But it doesn't matter anyways, it's not like they're gonna change it.
If you're just letting them run in free and pressure you I really wonder how strong your nerves and fundamentals are. And yeah it really sucks to break as Cassie, more than most characters but it's not like Missiles, B12, & other strong tools she has stop existing, the reward on them is jsut lessened for 8 second because you just kept yourself from possibly dieing or being put in a much worse situation.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If you're just letting them run in free and pressure you I really wonder how strong your nerves and fundamentals are. And yeah it really sucks to break as Cassie, more than most characters but it's not like Missiles, B12, & other strong tools she has stop existing, the reward on them is jsut lessened for 8 second because you just kept yourself from possibly dieing or being put in a much worse situation.
You're frozen in place, unable to backdash, unable to run... It's not a matter of letting them run in, they can run in.

the only thing about breakers i dislike is having to remember to hold neutral block instead of back block against characters that can combo into a teleport so you dont end up losing all of your resources by accident

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I play Lao so I'm not that bothered, the opponent still can't run at me, or jump at me & I don't NEED stamina for combos.

It's just a matter of making the opponent respect your neutral game (if you actually have one, which most people don't at this point).

Playing a character that is quite reliant on running, I'm leaning towards "no, the cool down is not too long".

Do I break less when playing against a zoning character because the stamina drain actually makes it an even worse situation? Yeah.

But I think that's part of the meta-game. Yeah, it REALLY hurts to not have stamina after a breaker for me- and naturally, this isn't an evenly distributed punishment because some characters are more reliant on stamina than others. But then again, many things as common to the game as being knocked down are not an "evenly distributed" punishments- some characters have better wakeups than others. Nothing is really "even punishment"- some characters will always suffer more from something than others.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Lol Cassie players crying for buffs? Get the fuck outta here. Yeah, you have to wait a few seconds before you can get a guaranteed reset again. Boo hoo. Learn some combos that don't require stamina.

Also I disagree completely with this notion that some characters are more meter reliant than others; all that says to me is that some characters haven't incorporated running into their game yet.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Lol Cassie players crying for buffs? Get the fuck outta here. Yeah, you have to wait a few seconds before you can get a guaranteed reset again. Boo hoo. Learn some combos that don't require stamina.

Also I disagree completely with this notion that some characters are more meter reliant than others; all that says to me is that some characters haven't incorporated running into their game yet.
After playing against a Cassie all the time, she really isn't as good as some people imagine she is. She has very real weaknesses.

Some characters are definitely more stamina reliant than others. For example, Swarm Queen D'Vorah has no way to get real damage off of her overhead and low starters without it. That said she can hold her own after she breaks just fine, but I'm having trouble understanding why people are so adamantly against such a minor change, despite it still being in line with their views on breakers.

I don't see a problem with it personally, but as stated earlier if you play a character that's heavily stamina meter dependent of course you're gonna say it's too long.

I'm just glad NRS went with the approach they did and not had it like MK9 where there were breakers every 5-10 seconds, but then again you needed them like that for characters like Cyrax though.

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I don't see a problem with it personally, but as stated earlier if you play a character that's heavily stamina meter dependent of course you're gonna say it's too long.

I'm just glad NRS went with the approach they did and not had it like MK9 where there were breakers every 5-10 seconds, but then you needed them like that for characters like Cyrax though.
I do agree with this for the most part.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
So I timed the cooldown.

7.5 seconds before you build your first bar of stamina back

8.5 before you have 2 bars.

I used a stop watch timer, not the in game clock.

Thoughts?

And yes, you do seem to be frozen there standing for a second as well, I never noticed that before.
3.5 and 4.5 seconds respectively would be enough imo.

Erik Warda

Kabal Mage
Breakers costing stamina is quite possibly the dumbest game design ever next to X factor. Punishing someone who just paid 2 meters is bad game design. Breakers are supposed to put you both back at neutral. The problem with the game now is all high-damaging characters are even more potent because of this.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
stamina is ok the way it is ..... people would better starting to complain less and play more, regarding MKX. Be adaptive or at least try it, god damn it !! :D

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Keep the stamina loss the way it is. If you know there's a chance you need that round/match ending run cancel combo and you have to break, you likely lost before then anyway.