What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade Sonya General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo P

Noob
I just posted this in the Air Strike Tech thread just for the safe jump and one that beats some reversals.

But the F4 confirms I think are more applicable here.

Reactions: jmt

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I was wondering if there any way to use her bombs in demolition as oki? I know dd+1(mb) is really strong for it but that's meter lol

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
So how are you all dealing with grandmaster sub zero with covert ops and special forces Sonya.

With covert ops every time he ice balls behind his clone I divekick punish it (divekick will hit sub so clone disappears leaving you into a combo) but that's really all I've got.

With special forces I don't use this variation though I heard it deals with grandmaster better.

so i was in Training with demolition sonya, and it seems she could have some really fucked up grenade shenanigans when cancelling strings into df (or db) 4 ... like immediate explosion to launch, late explosion and attack right again (could a late explosion make a blocked attack safe?). im not sure if this works after blockstrings because of the detonation on Impact, but should after a 111 or b332 punish... how far has this been explored?

Dedlock

Noob
So how are you all dealing with grandmaster sub zero with covert ops and special forces Sonya.

With covert ops every time he ice balls behind his clone I divekick punish it (divekick will hit sub so clone disappears leaving you into a combo) but that's really all I've got.

With special forces I don't use this variation though I heard it deals with grandmaster better.
GM Sub-Zero is still a pain but I find fighting in the lin kuei temple a lost easier to deal with him, those ramps help bridge the distance and throw him off his game.

TPH GUNSHOT

Grind to Win

(Covert Ops) The only problem I have with GM Sub-Zero (and its the biggest problem) is since his footsies game is strong for oblivious reasons, its hard to challenge him without running into a clone, or getting harassed with his long range normals. If I get a whiff punish, the game is mine until he guesses right. I play to whiff punish his normals. that gave me the most success so far

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I think it was spoken of, but I'm not sure if a thread was actually made. What are you guys seeing MU wise with Sonya? I've been manhandling a lot of scrubs online with Covert Ops, just seems like every Mileena I go against that's somewhat decent has an easy time against me. Any advice?

Also got a chance to test out some of the strings I was working with offline on ranked this weekend. b332 xx db24, ji2, rc, 12, rc, 124 is pretty tough to land with input lag which sucks because it's a great hard knockdown for setups, so I narrowed it down to b332 xx db24, ji2, f2 xx bf4 just because it's simpler and does a decent amount of damage. Anyone have any other consistent strings for online play in Covert Ops?
I skip the jip and land it every time.

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
So I was in the lab with Sonya and noticed her f2 b1 string is -6 now, beast! Also park drone doesn't build meter anymore and where I was getting 38 mid screen park drone combos I only get 31 now, and 38 from 40 in the corner, other then that she still the same ole badass baby!
Nice. That's going from -12 to -6 I think. Going to find new uses for this poke.

how did you connect the jik anyways ? when i try to jump kick them after the cartwheel they are already too low on the ground
Haven't tested it mid-screen, not really sure if it would land without a run cancel, but it works in corner. For example:
b332/b14 xx MS4 > jik > 12 > 12 >12 >124

Maybe you're inputting the jik too late? It's always worked for me in the corner.

oh ok it was a corner combo ? i thought it was mid-screen.. sorry !
saw some combos with jik's but sometimes there were no notations that it is corner only so i was frustrated when i couldn't connect it mid-screen

I play on Xbox one, so I don't have the patch yet. So I have three questions that I need to have answered before my tournament in a couple hours.

First, how much is sonya impacted by the universal change to jump attacks? Specifically, is it any harder to land the jump kick off of MS 4 in the corner or is it the same?

In covert ops from EX parry, 1... Is it any more difficult to land the instant divekick follow up?

In covert ops from EX parry, 3... IS it any more difficult to land the follow up NJP?

Any input appreciated.

Dedlock

Noob
So frustrating when I'm trying to get my Sonya better and every person online plays inferno scorpion. Shit is fucking dumb.
I fought this inferno scorpion and I defeated him the first round but then all of sudden he was in rage mode the "how dare you" and completely paralyzed me at the edge of the screen Block the minion grab low, hit me with the minion drop overhead, block high grab me with that minion grab bullshit then spears my guts and combos me for X damage, rinse repeat, I ended up charging him like I was on a Kamikaze mission and lost.

Reactions: jmt

jmt

Noob
I fought this inferno scorpion and I defeated him the first round but then all of sudden he was in rage mode the "how dare you" and completely paralyzed me at the edge of the screen Block the minion grab low, hit me with the minion drop overhead, block high grab me with that minion grab bullshit then spears my guts and combos me for X damage, rinse repeat, I ended up charging him like I was on a Kamikaze mission and lost.
lol

Yea, been there...so annoying

jmt

Noob
Does Sonya have any good option selects? I see other character forums talking about it, but not us.

So I was in the lab with Sonya and noticed her f2 b1 string is -6 now, beast! Also park drone doesn't build meter anymore and where I was getting 38 mid screen park drone combos I only get 31 now, and 38 from 40 in the corner, other then that she still the same ole badass baby!
What are your 38/31% mid screen drone park combo's?

I've been using DK, B14 or B332 xx Low Drone, B2, Run 121 xx Leg Grab or 2134 recall drone.

Status
Not open for further replies.