What's new

Something that SERIOUSLY bothers me...

haketh

Noob
You make it sound like one can't happen without the other and no discussion like that goes on.

My being consistently 1st 2nd and once 3rd with her counts for nothing.
Same with Nivek.

Batman and WW rule Europe ATM, and it's not like we don't have our own BA, Supermans, Aquamans etc.
Doesn't happe in America it doesn't count. It was a stupid thought process back in the day with 3S and it's a stupid thought process now.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
My being consistently 1st 2nd and once 3rd with her counts for nothing.
Same with Nivek.

Batman and WW rule Europe ATM, and it's not like we don't have our own BA, Supermans, Aquamans etc.
You never played rain at evo, so no -_-

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Its hard. Why do u think its even?
Fear blast is faster than all her zoning options, it also punishes soul crush on block(not sure if it will at max range). Shackles are faster than everything in demon stance except soul crush. Reflect is more useful than I previously thought but fear blast can't be reflected on reaction. I think the mu is hard for both players.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Fear blast is faster than all her zoning options, it also punishes soul crush on block(not sure if it will at max range). Shackles are faster than everything in demon stance except soul crush. Reflect is more useful than I previously thought but fear blast can't be reflected on reaction. I think the mu is hard for both players.
but if you bait a shackles in demon stance its a full punish

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
In my experience, the discrepancy between tier list and tournament placing is due to individual players. A tier list based on match ups just provides a laundry list of situations that can be beneficial/detrimental to two sets of characters. However, these characters are controlled by players which have a big effect on the outcome of the match.

One of my major weakness when I started playing fighting games competitively is something I liked to call "situational freeze". This is when you get in your head that character X will do this if my character Y does that. Most of that information comes from match up chart and in game experience and happens when you play against the "character". Problem with that sort of thinking is that you start to think of everything your opponent can do, and put yourself in a situation where you think you cannot do anything without being punished hence you don't do anything but try to react and because you don't press an offense, you wind up in a defense posture trying to avoid mix up city, hence "situational freeze".

When you play against the player and not the character you learn what your opponent can and cannot do, for example DJT putting Chris G in rocket string during evo. A player who plays the character would not attempt that set up because they know the Match up chart says it not advantageous, but when you are playing the player, what you are trying to do is win by finding out what they specifically don't know about the match up. No one is all knowing and this is why tier charts and tournament placings don't match up.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Tournament places should not matter at all, I use Mustard as an example, He placed I think 3rd in a Major here in the UK with Bane, Bane is no way top 10 sorry, He's pretty damn good tbh, but not Top 10, Tournaments are the smallest factor if not at all a factor to do with tier lists...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
zaf I havent finished reading the thread yet but comparing Injustice to Smash community is making me cringe.

Those guys have been playing the game FOR TWELVE YEARS. We havent even been playing for one. Hell, for all we know this isnt even the last patch.

If five years down the line people still play Injustice(kinda doubt it tbh) and you want to do the backroom idea then the list might hold some weight. Right now I dont care if you get the best players in the world, this game has not been explored enough to give a definitive tier list.

If you were to do it it would definitely have to be no more than 10 people. The MK9 one was a train wreck because it had like 50 who disagreed on everything.