What's new

Something that SERIOUSLY bothers me...

jaym7018

Noob
No, superman would stay in the same place. His pressure is the same, just harder to do. Doesn't mean he can not do it.
Same thing with kabal, his pressure up close is the best, but the hardest to do. He is still number 1
Ask any high level SF4 player why C Viper is where she is on the tier lists. Kabals execution is lightyears easier than c vipers.

zaf

professor
Ask any high level SF4 player why C Viper is where she is on the tier lists. Kabals execution is lightyears easier than c vipers.
That i am aware of concerning kabal. But it still stands that he is the most execution heavy character of the game and the best character
fox is the best character in smash melee, and he is the most technical in the game too.
melee technical is lightyears ahead of sf4 sooo.....

that's why i do not like to include too much of the human aspect into tier lists, because then you are left arguing technical skills.....

zaf

professor
for the most part jaym7018, we agree on what a tier list is.
I am just not too keen on it including tournament results.

if you look at chris g vs denzel at evo, did chris g lose because green arrow was the problem or did chris g lose because he did not know how to deal with the set up denzel was using ( set up being b13 into rockets)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
One thing I always found hilarious about MK9:

*player using relatively average character beats Pig's Kenshi in tournament 2-1*

"Well, y'know... maybe he just got outplayed?"

*Pig beats said player in a runback 2-1*

"SEE THERE U GO GUISE, 7-3 KENSHI'S ADVANTAGE"

When do the goalposts stop moving? This is the reason why we could never settle on a clear cut top 10 for MK9, and it's the same reason why after the patches are done with, the IGAU tier list will become a mess too.

VOR

Noob
tier lists and tournament viability are related, but not the same thing. you can have a character be high tier, but have some match ups in which they really struggle. If the characters they struggle against are really common, they probably will not place well very often.
Imo there are a few examples of that in this game.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Maybe we should just List MU's as Disadvantage, Even, Advantage.

The numbers is what mainly people don't agree about.
lol, most of the numbers are 6-4 5-5 or occasionally 7-3 anyways so people would still probably be just as up in arms.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Wonder Woman is the Sonya of Injustice. Absolutely very high tier, but only a few people will use her to her full capabilities and it'll show in their placings.

this logic orginated from some well known players who used to always say: if this character is so good why I am I the only player that does good with him.

imo: tier rankings should be based on both theory(tools vs tools) and tournament results. for example Jax isnt top tier if everyone at tournmaents gets murdered just because they don't interrupt f41

If placings really did matter about making a tier list, then the top characters would be Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam, Sinestro and GA. Does that seem like a legit top 5 to you?
Naw dawg, Superman, Aquaman and Black Adam? Get them Bottom 3 scrubs out of that Top 5.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Naw dawg, Superman, Aquaman and Black Adam? Get them Bottom 3 scrubs out of that Top 5.
Yeah, really Batman would be in there over Sinestro, after winning Civil War, getting 2nd at ECT, mostly winning VxG, 2nd at SummerJam, Second at TFC etc.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, really Batman would be in there over Sinestro, after winning Civil War, getting 2nd at ECT, mostly winning VxG, 2nd at SummerJam, Second at TFC etc.
even so sinestro is shit on tier lists yet makes top 8 at every major with multiple people, so how can he not be a top 10 character

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
even so sinestro is shit on tier lists yet makes top 8 at every major with multiple people, so how can he not be a top 10 character
Yeah, from how WC and P2W were looking with him, he can compete with half the top 10 easily.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

he's never been bad.
His trait allows him to be Superman basically.

"but its too hard to get his trait out" ....... yeah.... i think that has been debunked.

serge

Noob
I consider tier lists excuses for the weaks.
"It's not that I suck at the game, it's just that according to the tier lists I lost because that character beats mine!"

Human defense mechanism kicking in ;)

Crathen

Death is my business
There's more to just character pick when you go to a tournament , you've gotta take in consideration first what player is using him and how much he knows the matchups , then you have to consider his bracket and the players+character he'll face , what character you pick is extremely important in a matchup heavy game like the current injustice but it's not the whole equation.

There are so many things to consider it's not even worth it , best tier list is the one made with long detailed matchup charts wich requires TIME and good representatives of each character.

That said i belive tournament placing and character selection plays a big role especially in the early stages of a FG life , ease of use also plays a big role in tournament placings , easier character = less chances to drop stuff and better payoff