What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Match-Up Chart

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
I think both characters having armor makes it 5-5, you can armor out as well as I can armor put of pressure, your zoning with down daggers is really good but it's not like sonya slouches in the zoning department. 5.5 in starlets favor at max I don't think 6-4

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I think both characters having armor makes it 5-5, you can armor out as well as I can armor put of pressure, your zoning with down daggers is really good but it's not like sonya slouches in the zoning department. 5.5 in starlets favor at max I don't think 6-4
6-4 = 5.5 - 4.5 = slight advantage

Thoughts on reptile? though we never got a chance to play that mu ...one of my regrets

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
God those daggers are a pain, she completely out zones reptile, you can tele on reaction to force balls, my only option out of pressure is ex slide with you can easily block and blow up. 6-4 in starlets favor, if reptile didn't have a variety of shenanigans its would be 7-3

Espio

Kokomo
STB Espio how's Glow working on reaction to dashes?
I dont't usually glow when she dashes because she can stop her dash and do nothing or block and bait your armor. I usually use ex glow to interrupt her normals as opposed to her red dash mix ups, which I prefer to block and punish the ones you can like her overhead and such.

It's definitely a possible option, just not one I personally rely on too much, I tend to be pretty conservative with ex glow in most cases, just because the power of the move, using it sparingly creates a mind game of its own.

God those daggers are a pain, she completely out zones reptile, you can tele on reaction to force balls, my only option out of pressure is ex slide with you can easily block and blow up. 6-4 in starlets favor, if reptile didn't have a variety of shenanigans its would be 7-3
What if the Skarlet player knows all of Reptile's shenanigans?

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
I would say its 6-4 skarlet...but we only got a couple games in at Raleigh ;(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I meant 2-8 in favor of Ermac..I guess my trolling just isnt ready yet...lol

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
agree with mileena being 4-6 but dont agree with baraka at 3-7 to be honest.
on paper you would think skarlet would rape baraka but playing the match out its not to bad at all.

id call it 4-6 (adv skarlet) imo,.
also id go to baraka over mileena every time against skarlet,even with his big hitbox

NariTuba

disMember
Id say Cyrax is 5-5.

In the neutral game he has to chase her because hes unable to zone her at all, all the while she builds meter. She doesnt need to teleport (not worth the risk) because she can avoid the bombs easily while preventing him to move forward with her air down dagger. He can anti air throw her out of the add but not if she is patient and spaces the daggers well.

If he has the life lead she can be lamed out, this is a risky situation for her. If she has the life lead its the same as above.

Her footsies are better, she has more tools; so it is easier for her to generate damage oportunities. She has to be careful with the net at mid range, she cant abuse empty dashes and slides like she does with other characters. She really has to play this match lame to make it even. Go in with armor, get chip + meter or damage and life lead and then retreat. Her d3 is great to stop his upclose pressure and lower her hitbox on crossups. The match is even because of his damage.

mho anyway

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
agree with mileena being 4-6 but dont agree with baraka at 3-7 to be honest.
played against glues and fr.stack skarlet,aswell as another irish player who uses her as a at,
on paper you would think skarlet would rape baraka but playing the match out its not to bad at all.

id call it 4-6 (adv skarlet) imo,.
also id go to baraka over mileena every time against skarlet,even with his big hitbox
Skarlet vs baraka

I see this as baraka cant get in without blade charge and with that, if blocked he is at negative giving her the pressure advantage. Once she has the pressure advantage how can baraka get out? his large hitbox and slow normals make it very difficult. He cant zone at all. DC and armor will blow him up. He doesnt do big damage...skarlet hits mid 40 into reset plus chip. his corner game gets armored out of. I just dont see how he can stay in on her or get in without armor for that matter. Its the same for Tombstone except he has better pokes and normals and does more damage and has a reflect...but its still a 7-3 vs Tombstone.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Id say Cyrax is 5-5.

In the neutral game he has to chase her because hes unable to zone her at all, all the while she builds meter. She doesnt need to teleport (not worth the risk) because she can avoid the bombs easily while preventing him to move forward with her air down dagger. He can anti air throw her out of the add but not if she is patient and spaces the daggers well.

If he has the life lead she can be lamed out, this is a risky situation for her. If she has the life lead its the same as above.

Her footsies are better, she has more tools; so it is easier for her to generate damage oportunities. She has to be careful with the net at mid range, she cant abuse empty dashes and slides like she does with other characters. She really has to play this match lame to make it even. Go in with armor, get chip + meter or damage and life lead and then retreat. Her d3 is great to stop his upclose pressure and lower her hitbox on crossups. The match is even because of his damage.

mho anyway
this was my first opinion but Maxter says otherwise. I dont know anymore.

NariTuba

disMember
this was my first opinion but Maxter says otherwise. I dont know anymore.
I think what maxter said iirc is that he will obliterate any skarlet alive 8-2 with his cyrax, which is prolly true. But he also said he goes back and forth with his brother, whom he considers to be the best Skarlet. So if we're talking about both characters at the highest possible level, he's saying 5-5 as well.

Granted I haven't played many skarlets offline but kenshi has to be real careful in this match up. I FEEL its even. But I may just need to level up.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Skarlet vs baraka

I see this as baraka cant get in without blade charge and with that, if blocked he is at negative giving her the pressure advantage. Once she has the pressure advantage how can baraka get out? his large hitbox and slow normals make it very difficult. He cant zone at all. DC and armor will blow him up. He doesnt do big damage...skarlet hits mid 40 into reset plus chip. his corner game gets armored out of. I just dont see how he can stay in on her or get in without armor for that matter. Its the same for Tombstone except he has better pokes and normals and does more damage and has a reflect...but its still a 7-3 vs Tombstone.
i see what your saying about damage and skarlet does get better damage all over the screen and that ex RD will fuck up a spark if baraka tries to zone but skarlet cant really zone as heavy as baraka will will all trades dagger vs spark/dagger vs ex charge (when needed),
i say when needed because baraka doesnt really have to go to skarlet as much as wait for skarlet to come to him.
she can build a fair bit of meter when hes turtling sure but no damage and baraka needs not burn away his breakers with ex charges.
skarlet players are sometimes just a guilty as baraka players for burning that meter aswell so if they get caught baraka does have the ability to kill.
about armoring the corner game,ive seen a few people say this like baraka cant do anything if opp has a bar, while some resets can be armored if certain follow up are used, some radien cant even tele out of when a max height f4 is hit and against chars with good armored what cant be armored can do just as well as a follow up.
theres always the option for baraka to go for full damage combos and work of knockdowns also but some dont agree that should be done but with baraka against certain chars when you hit them just fuck it and hit them with the most %, and that baraka has 42-50% no meter in corner thats not to bad.

again if the hated .5 were used id wouldnt have a problem with 3.5-6.5 but im not 100% sold on a 3-7...not just yet anyway.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
i see what your saying about damage and skarlet does get better damage all over the screen and that ex RD will fuck up a spark if baraka tries to zone but skarlet cant really zone as heavy as baraka will will all trades dagger vs spark/dagger vs ex charge (when needed),
i say when needed because baraka doesnt really have to go to skarlet as much as wait for skarlet to come to him.
she can build a fair bit of meter when hes turtling sure but no damage and baraka needs not burn away his breakers with ex charges.
skarlet players are sometimes just a guilty as baraka players for burning that meter aswell so if they get caught baraka does have the ability to kill.
about armoring the corner game,ive seen a few people say this like baraka cant do anything if opp has a bar, while some resets can be armored if certain follow up are used, some radien cant even tele out of when a max height f4 is hit and against chars with good armored what cant be armored can do just as well as a follow up.
theres always the option for baraka to go for full damage combos and work of knockdowns also but some dont agree that should be done but with baraka against certain chars when you hit them just fuck it and hit them with the most %, and that baraka has 42-50% no meter in corner thats not to bad.

again if the hated .5 were used id wouldnt have a problem with 3.5-6.5 but im not 100% sold on a 3-7...just yet anyway.
if its between 3.5 and 3 I would just say it has to be 7-3. I say that because it would be wrong to put it at 6-4 imo.

Could you explain the basic details of this matchup? I'm pretty inexperienced against Skarlet so I'm just curious how you deal with her.
Sindel's Zoning is good, it stops a lot of her specials mid frame, like it stuffs out teleports and slides

Her spacing is ok, but zoning skarlet and baiting a teleport is good, but not enough. Sindel has a big hitbox, horrible anti airs, and slower normals than skarlet, which makes the upclose battle hard. She falls for more knife traps because of her big hitbox.

had it 5-5, but 4-6 is what I feel it is.