What's new

Should Watching Tournament Streams cost $$$ on Twitch?

Yeah, I do see. Its a sp00ky stream. Isnt this guys job to stream? Every week hes streaming a new tournament. sp00ky himself is more popular than most tournament players. You have to factor that all into it.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
It's fine for Spooky to be free exactly for that reason, he streams one to two tourneys a week that get thousands of viewers. What about other people that are bringing us games that we love, like MK, that aren't as popular and the stream not as well known? How are they being compensated for their hard work? KN could've easily made 300+ bucks from this weekend with a dollar stream which can go towards much better equipment.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yeah, I do see. Its a sp00ky stream. Isnt this guys job to stream? Every week hes streaming a new tournament. sp00ky himself is more popular than most tournament players. You have to factor that all into it.
Most streamers make Zero
Asking a dollar isnt a lot

factor in the comparison to movies, netflix, etc.

Look how great the teamspooky stream is. No trolling and no BS

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Great idea Pig. Unfortunately I see the community disagreeing considering its large freeloading population.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I live under a bridge in mexico with no credit card and no bank account. Who's paying for me?

Careful. Not every fan in every part of the work is able to pay for things electronically.

There are prepaid/reloadable cards you can buy from CVS, Walgreen, ETC....

How about you just do what you want? lol

When y'all decide you want to brain storm on how to make money from streaming besides streaming basic video content, Ill be glad to stay up all night thinking of cool stuff for community streamers.

Pig Of The Hut

I live under a bridge in mexico with no credit card and no bank account. Who's paying for me?

Careful. Not every fan in every part of the work is able to pay for things electronically.
Do you possess the ability to have cash in your hand?

Are you physically able to get to any supermarket, gas station?

Are you not able to hand cash to an employee for gift card?

I am willing to pay some for ''good streams''. 3 problems are kids don't have the money to pay for all these streams, there will be less viewers and what if a stream gets messed up? you will have paid money for a messed up stream.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I am willing to pay some for ''good streams''. 3 problems are kids don't have the money to pay for all these streams, there will be less viewers and what if a stream gets messed up? you will have paid money for a messed up stream.

I've lost a dollar in the wash or a vending machine, a messed up stream wouldn't phase me. However, Pig did state that if it's messed up then you get refunded.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
It's fine for Spooky to be free exactly for that reason, he streams one to two tourneys a week that get thousands of viewers. What about other people that are bringing us games that we love, like MK, that aren't as popular and the stream not as well known? How are they being compensated for their hard work? KN could've easily made 300+ bucks from this weekend with a dollar stream which can go towards much better equipment.
Streams will get 1/100th of the viewers if it costs a dollar.

I've lost a dollar in the wash or a vending machine, a messed up stream wouldn't phase me. However, Pig did state that if it's messed up then you get refunded.
thats true, but there are people more in need of money than us, I would pay for a stream regardless if its just a dollar or two.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
thats true, but there are people more in need of money than us, I would pay for a stream regardless if its just a dollar or two.

Do you mean you "wouldn't pay for a stream"? Why not? A single channel can give you 20 hours of entertainment, that's well worth a dollar.

Pig Of The Hut

kids can use gift cards just like they can use Itunes gift cards

Refund for f'ed up streams. If it goes down here and there a tiny bit like WB MK'S stream its fine but nec stream would get a refund

REYTHEGREAT

pay to watch SHOULD be free. BUT i would pay a channel a dollar which is constantly entertaining me with stuff the i like. but it has to cover the entire year or something. but it think spooky charging $5 just to type on his stream is a bit too much.

Pig Of The Hut

pay to watch SHOULD be free. BUT i would pay a channel a dollar which is constantly entertaining me with stuff the i like. but it has to cover the entire year or something. but it think spooky charging $5 just to type on his stream is a bit too much.
so $1.00 per Major is too much?
for 10+ hours?

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
You really think only 5 people would've payed to watch the MK stream? Or only 100 people would be watching Spooky right now? That's ridiculous, no offense.
5-20 for MK absolutely would be right. We can barely get people into online tournaments with prizes, and how much money again did injustice get for EVO?.... Yeah, 5 people on the MK stream, 150 on spooky would be what hapoens. The biggest thing streaming has is that it is free.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Going to the movies you can end up spending 20+ bucks on tickets, popcorn and soda for a movie that may end up being very bad. You may spend 60 bucks on a terrible 6-10 hour game and get a 25 dollar return on it when you sell it to a gamestop for a net loss of 35 bucks. 15+ dollars over the entire year for over 100 hours of entertainment is tame.