What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
i picked shinnok expecting the worst character ever made by nrs, unviable, useless, i wanted the challenge to learn one of the worst chars with poor performance overall in tournaments so I started playing Impostor shinnok and ive never felt more OP, he isnt the best there is but his preassure game is insane, from what Ive read here in tym he is low tier, mid tier at best, I really dont know how. I am doing basic stuff, just ex hell sparks (+24) and a little preassure, and people who bodied my main cant get around shinnok, Ive tried to exclusively use shinnok this entire week with great results, it feels like he doesnt have a single bad matchup, maybe some tele chars like takeda or scorpion can get tru some of his stuff, or heavy zoners that can keep him away but I kinda always find a way to overcome them, all i need is one well timed hell spark and my opponent is automatically in the blender, shinnok has a decent wake up, decent damage, tele, not as good as others but its still an amazing tool and crazy chip damage, then i take a look at bone shaper and he has a + string that can keep you in the blender for longer, how is he anywhere near low tier? If you put it to perspective a tier list depends on how many bad matchups a char has, how many does shinnok really have? i feel he was overbuffed

Start using BF1 in blockstrings for extra safeness and chip. It uninterruptible unless
you do the string F22xxBF1.
(tested vs Cassie)

Maybe we'll see a boneshaper Shinnok in top 8 this weekend

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
Start using BF1 in blockstrings for extra safeness and chip. It uninterruptible unless
you do the string F22xxBF1.
(tested vs Cassie)

Maybe we'll see a boneshaper Shinnok in top 8 this weekend
If you always end with the beam could they block low and let go off block and blow you up everytime?

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Necromancer hype!

@RM_NINfan101
Yooo I couldn't even beat Gametime back then (The last time we played was a few patches ago). Good shit. Also, I saw you do a corner combo early on where it takes them out of the corner and you go into EX Fiend, what is that notation?

And you could always go for a grab off of it and put him back in the corner in case you didn't know!

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Did ya'll catch @Pig Of The Hut talking up Necromancer on stream? I know it got buffed but I'm having a hard time seeing how it is better than his other two variations?
Necro is still probably his worst variation, but not by as much as it used to be. If we were to rank them 1-10 day 1, it would probably be Necro - 3, Imposter - 6, Boneshaper - 7. Now after all the buffs it's more like Necro - 7, Imposter - 8, Boneshaper - 9.

This is just my opinion though.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Hell sparks are unbreakable right? If so, did you guys know Shinnok has a 32% unbreakable combo in Bone Shaper for 3 bars? 38% unbreakable if you start with standing 4 and 34% if you start with F4.

Not sure if anyone would ever use it over an x-ray, but yeah. Been messing around to see what kind of unbreakable damage he can get to finish somebody off to take a match.

He can also get 24% unbreakable for 2 bars off an anti air hell sparks. Very situational stuff. Just some seldom used options to keep in mind.

Key word here in unbreakable. ;p

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Here we go with the "He was always good" talk bullshit.
Shinnok wasn't viable at a stacked major until the last patch
that's a lie.
Shinnok is one of the three characters I use the most and since day one boneshaper was good. You had to play smart but he pretty much had everything there. The other two variations sucked before the first patch, but boneshaper was viable.

While it wasn't top tier stuff, it was definately mid tier stuff. Now? It's a top 10 variation. The changes to f+22, 1+2 string and the fireball made it amazing. The fireball hitting high now is an extremely small trade for what it got.

I'm sorry you didn't play the variation and instead rode what these "pros" said about the character. Since day one this variation was the most ignored for some wierd reason. Even in this site. People mainly talk about how bad necromancer was and how it's specials whiffed and how impostor was the only viable one.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
that's a lie.
Shinnok is one of the three characters I use the most and since day one boneshaper was good. You had to play smart but he pretty much had everything there. The other two variations sucked before the first patch, but boneshaper was viable.

While it wasn't top tier stuff, it was definately mid tier stuff. Now? It's a top 10 variation. The changes to f+22, 1+2 string and the fireball made it amazing. The fireball hitting high now is an extremely small trade for what it got.

I'm sorry you didn't play the variation and instead rode what these "pros" said about the character. Since day one this variation was the most ignored for some wierd reason. Even in this site. People mainly talk about how bad necromancer was and how it's specials whiffed and how impostor was the only viable one.
Um...yeah you lost me after you said "the other two variations" one of them being Impostor which WAS his best variation by far.