What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
If it's a short step then I think it would still be useful.

I think sooner or later people will realize that they aren't forced to take the mixup after that restand and they can just block low for the first 8-10 frames then backdash/jump out/armor.

We still have very good options off a blocked F4 though.
It's just a short step. You're in b3 range too, but online is kind of tight to go into F223+1.

And even though we're +8, we can still be armored after the standing reset so it might be best to continue with Hell Spark or end in scepter slam. At least with scepter slam they can't tech roll now.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
db4? I'm trying to do 312~DF4 in his Necromancer variation, but the DF4 doesn't connect on male characters, only female characters I guess.
I will try later. I really don't think with their fall speeds it's doable but I still will try. What char are you against?

MLGIHydro

@MLGIHydro
If I wanted to pick up Shinnok which variation should I play? I don't like zoning and prefer more options and tools for being up close.

RM_NINfan101

If I wanted to pick up Shinnok which variation should I play? I don't like zoning and prefer more options and tools for being up close.
Well I mean Shinnok is a character that mainly zones, just all of his variations space differently.

I would recommend Bone Shaper for a beginning Shinnok player and then try to gradually play and learn Impostor as it is the most rush down.

RM_NINfan101

Hidden nerf: b1 now -4 used to be +2...cant win em all Jack.
I'm gonna be honest, with 2 being his only normal that's plus (EDIT: Worth a damn and convenient aside from the occasional use of F2 and 4), he could of used it.

Because as a combo starter B1 is "lol" and -4 is... Meh, why not just use back 2?

Last edited:

SPY

Noob
Thought B2 was reduced to 0?

as plus as 4 is god it takes forever to come out.
It's +2, but Im on PC so my data might be off. I always asked for 4 to be 10-12f startup so you could punish with it... It have big hit and block stun, and long cancel window, so you can hit confirm with it, if you have fast reaction.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'm gonna be honest, with 2 being his only normal that's plus (EDIT: Worth a damn and convenient aside from the occasional use of F2 and 4), he could of used it.

Because as a combo starter B1 is "lol" and -4 is... Meh, why not just use back 2?
Believe it or not, F2 is punishable by Reptile's EX slide.

RM_NINfan101

Nice video, good job. However can you show his new bnbs with b3 and f4. I don't ever land a 312 in a game.
I will likely do another video on those two particular moves soon. Probably tomorrow or another day.

Yeah I know 312 is bills.

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
i found this a little useful, when opponents get used to the deity being cancelled into dark beam for +8, u can sometimes end with only the deity and mix up from there since they will be expecting the dark beam before deciding what to do(block, jump out, armor,backdash), especially if you want to go for the overhead which is difficult to connect another deity after dark beam ender.

SPY

Noob
F2 is -11 on block!!! There is a mistake in ingame frame data. Of course it is punishable by a 5 frame ex slide... And like anything under 11 frames start up.
Retested it - yes, you was right.
Necro and Impostor is -11, Bone Shaper is -4.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Just picked up Shinnok and the first thing I noticed about this character is that his b3 decides to go in the opposite direction seemingly randomly but mostly when I knock my opponent down, what causes this?

I'm sure you guys have discussed this somewhere but 43 pages is a lot so if anyone can point me in the right direction or provide me with an explanation of what is going on I would be greatful.

Last edited:

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Not sure if anyone noticed this or not but for bone shaper if you do f22 1+3 you can just press the grab button after the f22 and it would still work.