What's new

Shaun Himmerick Confirms Content of Kombat Pack

All these packs make me feel like I was hit by Noob's EX ghostball. I want all in game content and a physical disc. But it is not clear if the additional characters are on the disc aswell.

Cause the normal hard copy pre order is $70 and the premium (with kombat pack) is $90 but is digital only.

CONFUSED!

cyke_out

Noob
Any clue if we can but the characters separately for 5 bucks apiece? I don't really care for cosmetic alternate skins.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
They're not doing comic characters, and Terminator belongs to Viacom. Mad Max is a real possibility though if they're going with WB film properties. He's got a movie to push.
Terminator has a WB Movie, and have they confirmed no comic book characters?

trufenix

bye felicia
Terminator has a WB Movie, and have they confirmed no comic book characters?
you're right, they do have a six year old movie. But the current movie, the one coming out shortly after the game that is the start of a new trilogy and bound to drum up tons of merchandising belongs to paramount, who belongs to viacom, who is one of WB's primary competitors. And they've said a quarter of a billion times they won't do an M rated game with comic book properties.

kantboy-2

Ripper
If they follow the Injustice formula, then you should get a free skin everytime a DLC character gets added. ;)

Luchador Bane and John Stewart rocked.

TrashMKX

Noob
Not specific enough. If youre skeptical, just hold out until release before thinking about the Kombat Pack.
I'm sure they'll announce the characters and skin packs around the time the first character is ready. Make your choice then.
I'm not worried becuase I'm sure Kitana will get at least another extra skin....but 15 isn't enough to cover the entire cast. Some characters are gonna get left out again :(

We really don't know that. They only announced 15 skins via DLC. Who is to say that there will not be other skins to unlock already on the disc. As long as each character has 1 additional skin, I'll be happy. But we know most of those 15 skins are prolly for the ninjas again. YAWN!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
We really don't know that. They only announced 15 skins via DLC. Who is to say that there will not be other skins to unlock already on the disc. As long as each character has 1 additional skin, I'll be happy. But we know most of those 15 skins are prolly for the ninjas again. YAWN!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
This is true and I hope for the same.

I was only talking about the Kombat Pack.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
does anyone know if you buy the "standard" edition can you just buy the kombat pass from psn/xbl store like you would a normal season pass????
@tylerlansdown if only one questioned gets answered, please answer this one. There are so many passionate MK fans and scenes outside of the US. We already get screwed over on the Collectors Edition, please say we'll at least be allowed to buy the Kombat Pass online. I mean, we're literally begging to be allowed to buy a season pass.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Actually, WB has the rights to 2 Terminator movies both T3 and Salvation...it's on their WB movie right list.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be more skin packs coming after this and plus what's on the disc/game that can be unlocked i'm sure.

Last edited:
I'm so confused cause of all these different versions

^so this one just features gold Scorpion skin and goro? I thought the 'in game bonus content' included that kombat pack too....i guess not then....

Last edited:

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Still not interested in picking it up. But the number of skin packs does make the price more reasonable. If we go by Injustice DLC pricing the Kombat Pass is saving you $5 assuming they piecemeal it out like the previous games as well. Which is the same amount you saved picking up the season pass in MK9 and Injustice.

One thing that still doesn't make sense to me... What is the point of the premium edition at the price of $90? The standard game is $60 and the Kombat Pass is available as a separate purchase (on Steam anyway) for $30. So, $90 total. Isn't the entire point of a bundle having it be cheaper than buying the items separate?

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Still not interested in picking it up. But the number of skin packs does make the price more reasonable. If we go by Injustice DLC pricing the Kombat Pass is saving you $5 assuming they piecemeal it out like the previous games as well. Which is the same amount you saved picking up the season pass in MK9 and Injustice.

One thing that still doesn't make sense to me... What is the point of the premium edition at the price of $90? The standard game is $60 and the Kombat Pass is available as a separate purchase (on Steam anyway) for $30. So, $90 total. Isn't the entire point of a bundle having it be cheaper than buying the items separate?
It's still unclear if the Kombat Pass is actually going to be available after release and I'm beginning to doubt they're going to tell us. All the previous passes were available from day one and none of the LEs or KEs included it.

Given how they're handling Goro, this time they could very easily be planning NOT let us buy the pass after release and instead have this be the only way to get "all" the dlc for a cheap price.

Uh before I cancel my Limited editions, is the guest characters INCLUDED w/ the Kombat Pass? Or do I have to wait 5 months. Cause then I'll just get a normal eidtion and say screw it.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I said "Like Injustice" in which every character had an alternate costume, but not every character had DLC costumes.
Not every character had an alternate either.

Don't forget Lex.
He did have that stupid kryponite suit that was just a fancy re-color of his Insurgency costume.
If only it was just a recolour. It would have been less stupid then.

But we know most of those 15 skins are prolly for the ninjas again. YAWN!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
And again, most of those will be lo-fi shit sold with an excuse of being "klassic costumes".

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Hmm yeah so the £89 Kollectors Ed from Amazon does not include any DLC at all. I love MK but this is going to get expensive...

Ah well I'd only spend it on beer.