What's new

Shaun Himmerick Confirms Content of Kombat Pack

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I'm pretty sure there's no thread for this... so here you go. If you've pre-ordered one of those fancy editions then this is what you'll be getting. Earlier today, NetherRealm Studio's producer, Shaun Himmerick gave some detail as to what we can expect in the "Kombat Pack", which several variations of the game (limited, kollector's, etc) include.

He also states that they will have packed out the game disc with as much content as possible before continuing content through DLC.

mkxdlc.png

Source: @lover_of_tacos

This probably means two MK characters and two guests, but I doubt these are the only DLC characters we'll get (I hope so, at least). What do you think?

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
The crazy part is that I was talking to my friend about this last night. I was wonder what kind of content and how much they might do if they did a season pass like MK9

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
That's cool and this reminds me I really need to pre purchase this on steam. That seems like a fairly decent deal, really hope they are MK1 costumes for Scorpion and Sub, man I love those costumes.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
The crazy part is that I was talking to my friend about this last night. I was wonder what kind of content and how much they might do if they did a season pass like MK9
This might be the season pass. That's a bunch of skins, and if there are any more DLC characters (which I REALLY hope there are, considering how many guests we'll probably be getting in this) they might be fan-decided like Zatanna and MMH.

Also, just realised the title should say "Kombat Pack", not "Kombat Pass". Damn.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Btw he also said its gonna be a Mix of Klassic Skins and new created skins like the Cold War Scorpion for example.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
I'd still want to know which characters I'm buying. With MK9 they announced skarlet, kenshi and rain.

Why can't they do it now? Don't announce the guest(s) but say who the MK characters are.

Raider

Noob
It sucks that this is actually NOT a season pass, and it doesn't give you access to all DLCs. For me it's shocking at that price.
There will be more characters? and skins you'll have to pay for, just wow.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
It sucks that this is actually NOT a season pass, and it doesn't give you access to all DLCs. For me it's shocking at that price.
Happened with Injustice. Sucks, but welcome to video games in the 21st century.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Nothing really new in gaming, been done before many times. Im ok with adding more stuff to the game for longer period of time for additional money. I'm just hoping they will continue to add characters / skins / stages like a year after release - that would be awesome - long term support, even if it means we have to pay way more.

The Kombat tether on facebook mentioned how the kombat pack is going to have
- 2 Iconic Guest characters
- 2 Classic MK characters
- 15 character skins (5 packs of 3)

I really disliked freddy in MK9 and Scorpion in Injustice so I'll probably pass on the kombat-pack. Unless it's cheaper to buy a kombat pass over the 2 classic MK characters and 2-3 packs of 3 skins. But I doubt it.

I really hope those iconic guest characters actually fit in a fighting game. And otherwise Ill enjoy killing them more.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
did they mention when these skins and characters would be available? is it like a season pass where you prepurchase the characters for when theyre available later on or is it straight up ready day 1 dlc?

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Not specific enough. If youre skeptical, just hold out until release before thinking about the Kombat Pack.
I'm sure they'll announce the characters and skin packs around the time the first character is ready. Make your choice then.
I'm not worried becuase I'm sure Kitana will get at least another extra skin....but 15 isn't enough to cover the entire cast. Some characters are gonna get left out again :(

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm all for DLC as long as its spread out. It can give a game a breath of fresh air. Day 1 DLC though? erm...not needed. I would like to know who the characters are before I pre order.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Does anyone know for sure if the Kombat Pack is separately purchasable?
For some odd reason here in europe the Kollectors and Special Edition dont include the Kombat Pack.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Is the Kombat Pack going to be sold seperately from the game, or is it just going to be with certain editions?

Killusion

Stream addict
Oh man it's 2 guest characters? I'd rather take more MK characters but that's just me.
30 dollars for 4 characters and 15 costumes seems reasonable to me, though I'll probably skip this pass thing unless the costumes are really, really cool.