What's new

SFV Beta Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
Damn, Laura is a beast! I'm glad no one can connect right now. Been in the lab for like an hour straight. Just wish her boobs weren't hanging out. Fingers crossed for a non pervy costume.
dude, the cloth that she's wearing is the one that girls use in capoeira.... the guys usually practice without a shirt, and girls use this type of "shirt", some of them use the top part of the bikini too.... :p

The very first thing I have noticed on day one phase 3 is that
the overall skill level in SFV has definitely RISEN UP since
the last beta.
I took one day off work and did only
sleep like 4 hours today in order to play beta phase 3.
I have been grinding games for 8 hours non-stop
and ended up compiling a short vid with some
of my matches.
I admit that I didn't play too well yesterday, but overall it was always fun
and I had many good games!
The cast right now feels quite balanced
and if you lose you got outplayed / the other player played
better.

On the side note there is also a Ryu EX tatsu glitch which
happened to me 4 times today. The EX tatsu
hit my opponent with 3 hits, but the last hit missed and
my opponent was always able to escape out of that.
This happened during jp.hp cr.hp into EX tatsu
and st.lk into EX tatsu ( also seen here vs laura )

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Not sure if anyone has said this, but if you want to practice without being interrupted every two minutes you can set who you want to practice with as the cpu, and then set it to record mode in the training room settings and practice away!

Immortal

Blind justice....
Same here, i get online matches every minute lol. Out of like 50 games only one was a bit laggy. The rest was flawless. Chun Li is love :< Where is my alternative costume for her? :) Can't wait for it!

Last edited:

Noob
Hmm Vega was not added with Zangief, that makes me pretty sad, neither was Karin... Just hoping nothing changed for them even tho Karin is a bit strong at the moment... oh well, Quite curious to see how Cammy handles Zangief, so i might record some matches a bit later when im not as sleepy

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Been really enjoying Laura. It seems I might have many characters I will at least try to play this go around. Capcom might of actually been ingenious by making the game simpler with how high level some matches already feel.

Noob
Been really enjoying Laura. It seems I might have many characters I will at least try to play this go around. Capcom might of actually been ingenious by making the game simpler with how high level some matches already feel.
Im actually pretty glad to hear that, i tried her out and found her super boring and was hoping it was just me... i really want diversity for this game, something that i found lacking in SFIV, i couldnt really understand (well i do, balance was lackin) how a game with so many characters only saw the same 3 or 4... Yeah the low bar execution lvl is a smart move, the depth will be there in the end because SF is a footsie heavy game by design so i still feel progress of the series and depth of experience by players will still keep pros interested, but now, newbies to the series and casuals will remain interested in the game long before the hype release feeling dies out which honestly is a good thing, release hype will only last you so long before you have to rely on the advertisement of existing fans to pull in new comers long after release...

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
anyone with some BETA (Steam) keys left ?!.... i was playing on my brother's PS4, and he's not here anymore, now i miss him.... not my brother.... i miss SFV..... D:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Super noob question, but how do you do combos in this game? I can't seem to get any normal attacks to link (like lk into mp, etc).

Noob
So Vega, was added and i can already feel he got changed, not for the better... at first glance from the 30 mins i could get in with him he got nerfed, stance switch and rolling kick got a couple frames added in recovery and block which is huge for him... And i cant really confirm this i need more testing but seems like some hitboxs got reduced, specially in his more long range pokes... Ill confirm all this better once i record more matchs and put them up against my Phase 2 stuff...

Noob
Wow, I really suck at street fighter...
Well if your new you will get there, just keep at it, try to have fun a pick a character that says something to go and your play style, combos are easy in this game so im sure once you get sometime in youll start of understand, try tho looking on youtube for ppl who play the same character and are showing you combos for such character and try them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.