What's new

Guide - Scorpion Scorpion 1.12

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey guys, Scorpion has changed A LOT from MKX to MK XL he has a lot to work with now, i'm still trying to get used through the changes.

Also giving you guys the heads up, B1 was nerfed, it was 10 frames mid, now is 11.

Pretty sure this was made intentional since s3 is now 7 frames.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hey guys, Scorpion has changed A LOT from MKX to MK XL he has a lot to work with now, i'm still trying to get used through the changes.

Also giving you guys the heads up, B1 was nerfed, it was 10 frames mid, now is 11.

Pretty sure this was made intentional since s3 is now 7 frames.
I think you're a bit rusty my friend, B1 was always 11 frames lol

Because I've ran into some problem especially with characters who have good back dashes... I can't find any options for Shinnok or Sub zero because they back dash out of the cancel pressure completely. This sucks.... I think the 214 gap ruined scorpions cancel pressure and he was better before. 2,1~FBC~B12 seems like his only option to catch people from back dashing... but like I said it doesn't work against characters with good back dashes so he's fucked

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I did borrowed my hard copy for 20 days, it must be this.
My gameplay is indeed rusty as well, i'm having a hard time winning with ninjutsu so far, but there are some things that feels off in the general gameplay, i'm trying to adjust to the changes, but kinda weird when you don't know what has changed at all.

Matix218

Get over here!
Because I've ran into some problem especially with characters who have good back dashes... I can't find any options for Shinnok or Sub zero because they back dash out of the cancel pressure completely. This sucks.... I think the 214 gap ruined scorpions cancel pressure and he was better before. 2,1~FBC~B12 seems like his only option to catch people from back dashing... but like I said it doesn't work against characters with good back dashes so he's fucked
If you read backdash cant you just do 21 fbrc and just let the run go (not go into another string immediately) and continue pressure after the backdash since the run will leave you right in their face?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
These changes are good but I don't know how he's going to fair again some of these new characters. I'm going to try to put in some the time tonight but I've been consumed with Street Fighter 5.

These changes are good but I don't know how he's going to fair again some of these new characters. I'm going to try to put in some the time tonight but I've been consumed with Street Fighter 5.
Hopefully you won't find his new pressure game as annoying as I do

Matix218

Get over here!
really? how??
Yes this was posted earlier, apparently the unlockable fa ticks dont count as physical hits anymore or something. Tbh I never found those armor breaking setups with hellfire that reliable outside of training mode imo. If you want to shred armor just use ninjutsu, I don't think it is that big of a deal personally

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yes this was posted earlier, apparently the unlockable fa ticks dont count as physical hits anymore or something. Tbh I never found those armor breaking setups with hellfire that reliable outside of training mode imo. If you want to shred armor just use ninjutsu, I don't think it is that big of a deal personally
true, baiting armor in hellfire works just as well anyway.

braandooon

I don't even know...
If you believe your opponent is going to backdash, do 21, EX-Spear; it'll make them afraid to backdash, or you can take Matix's advice and do 21, FBC, ( Run up the their face when you backdash ) and continue the pressure.

Guys I'm finally able to get hellfire's scorpions 21>spear after the teleport, but I've noticed that if I input the 21 fast it'll always connect with the spear but I get 6 hits of the 214>teleport>21>spear which is 7 hits, but if I kinda do the 21 slowly-ish I get 7 hits, now what do you guys use? The 6 hit combo by doing it fast or the 7 hit one? Does it matter at all? And am I correct in saying that for the 7 hit to connect you have to kinda do the combo slow after the TP?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm loving the standing 3, it stops ppl who likes to rush in for a combo or grab, it anti-airs from far ranges, and even crossups, with it, i'm finally able to punish Kotal F2 on block, and F1b2 more consistenly across the board.
the takedown buff is awesome as well, and the F2 last hit being overhead always condition them to stand block on the second hit, when they're low on life is when they start to get worried. Some others focus a lot on stand to never get to deal with F2, which opens for B3 on correct ranges.

Needs more games.

Matix218

Get over here!
Guys I'm finally able to get hellfire's scorpions 21>spear after the teleport, but I've noticed that if I input the 21 fast it'll always connect with the spear but I get 6 hits of the 214>teleport>21>spear which is 7 hits, but if I kinda do the 21 slowly-ish I get 7 hits, now what do you guys use? The 6 hit combo by doing it fast or the 7 hit one? Does it matter at all? And am I correct in saying that for the 7 hit to connect you have to kinda do the combo slow after the TP?
Ive had that happen online before even with the new netcode where it seems like it drops one of the inputs of you do it fast, I generally try to do the full thing but sometimes online that just happens, no biggie though as long as the spear hits

Matix218

Get over here!
I'm loving the standing 3, it stops ppl who likes to rush in for a combo or grab, it anti-airs from far ranges, and even crossups, with it, i'm finally able to punish Kotal F2 on block, and F1b2 more consistenly across the board.
the takedown buff is awesome as well, and the F2 last hit being overhead always condition them to stand block on the second hit, when they're low on life is when they start to get worried. Some others focus a lot on stand to never get to deal with F2, which opens for B3 on correct ranges.

Needs more games.
IMO standing 3 was actually the biggest buff, its awesome

yzzerdd

levitate levitate levitate levitate
Just played a pretty solid Cyber Sub using hellfire, and I'm thinking ninjutsu is the best choice for that matchup. Sub has a lot of pushback on a blocked divekick and I couldn't find a good punish off the top of my head during the match. Ninjutsu b2 would easily catch him.

Matix218

Get over here!
Just played a pretty solid Cyber Sub using hellfire, and I'm thinking ninjutsu is the best choice for that matchup. Sub has a lot of pushback on a blocked divekick and I couldn't find a good punish off the top of my head during the match. Ninjutsu b2 would easily catch him.
Is that divekick even punishable? I don't have the character yet so I can't check but I have heard people say it is safe. Hopefully it is not safe but I'm not sure

yzzerdd

levitate levitate levitate levitate
Bruhh if it's safe... lol. I'm getting kp2 today, so definitely gotta test that and some other things (looking at you, Smoke).