What's new

Guide - Scorpion Scorpion 1.12

Matix218

Get over here!
His new standing 3 alongside the standing 2 string buffs make him extremely good again IMO. Ill be posting a lot more as i start to play again with him cause hes easily going to be my main again unless I love smoke.

The new S3 is not only amazing for punishing at 7 frames but its hitbox is also amazing for AAing into big combos. Its something everyone should look into because simply uppercutting or low profiling jump ins at all times is not enough to deter people.

The simplest AA combo ive found so far is 3-Teleport Run 21-Spear JIP F4-flame aura 21-teleport. It does a nice 30% meterless and can go right into pressure or you can set up the fake vortex after the JIP before F4 flame by doing JIP1 into F4 flame or delay b3 fireball cancel.
I have been using standing 3 as an anti air during the whole beta, it is an amazing anti air. I use stand 3~teleport, stand 3 spear (b3 spear also works) into jop2 f4~flame aura, 21~teleport into pressure

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
So his 21>spear after teleport is actually easier to do now? Because before that was incredibly hard to do, the timing was super strict, how about now?
Yeah, it's as easy as it was in the vanilla version. Because his original cancel advantage is back, he can do his 214 tele combo and his original blockstrings like he used to be able to, albeit with a gap in 21>4

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Call me nuts but someone please check me. When I played the game last night, it seems a slight bit faster than originally. Did they speed up the characters? I play as Scorpion, Mileena and Predator and they all seemed a bit faster moving, hitting ect. Even the pit and refugee camp stage fatalites seemed like the uppercut animations were faster. Anyone notice this? I already have possible reasons as to why this is so brewing in my mind already.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
So his 21>spear after teleport is actually easier to do now? Because before that was incredibly hard to do, the timing was super strict, how about now?
His 1,1 and 2,1 is now better, faster and can really pressure. His 2,1,4 is back but with a gap after 2,1, which is fine. He can special cancel from back4, f2. His standing 3 is quick and his away,toward,4 is a finally a real grounder allowing you to decide what to do next whether stuff a wakeup, pressure ect. Scorpion feels much better now with more drive and solid.

Matix218

Get over here!
Call me nuts but someone please check me. When I played the game last night, it seems a slight bit faster than originally. Did they speed up the characters? I play as Scorpion, Mileena and Predator and they all seemed a bit faster moving, hitting ect. Even the pit and refugee camp stage fatalites seemed like the uppercut animations were faster. Anyone notice this? I already have possible reasons as to why this is so brewing in my mind already.
Are you talking about when playing online or just in general? We have a whole new rollback netcode so online should not feel delayed and laggy like it used to but as far as the characters actually moving faster that should not be the case

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Are you talking about when playing online or just in general? We have a whole new rollback netcode so online should not feel delayed and laggy like it used to but as far as the characters actually moving faster that should not be the case
Offline gameplay. Not online.

- All changes from beta have stuck
- D1 is now -7 on block (tested and confirmed by myself)
- standing 4 has vanilla cancel advantage back
- 214 teleport cancel no longer option selects on hit
- Inferno got NOTHING. So Scorpion is now officially a 2 variation character for the eternity of MKXL.

Will post more changes if I notice them. But for now I'd like to demonstrate a small sample of how beneficial it is to have old 214 cancel advantage back now that I've had time to experiment with it in the lab.

Third vid against quan chi with hellfire scorpion, did you teleport then do a 21 then another 21?