What's new

Guide - Scorpion Scorpion 1.12

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
- All changes from beta have stuck
- D1 is now -7 on block (tested and confirmed by myself)
- standing 4 has vanilla cancel advantage back
- 214 teleport cancel no longer option selects on hit
- Inferno got NOTHING. So Scorpion is now officially a 2 variation character for the eternity of MKXL.

Will post more changes if I notice them. But for now I'd like to demonstrate a small sample of how beneficial it is to have old 214 cancel advantage back now that I've had time to experiment with it in the lab.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Yeah. He sliced my throat and then uppercutted me and decapitated me... I was too in shock to record it and I messaged the guy who did it and he never replied... But it was definitely a throw brutal I've never seen before.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
His new standing 3 alongside the standing 2 string buffs make him extremely good again IMO. Ill be posting a lot more as i start to play again with him cause hes easily going to be my main again unless I love smoke.

The new S3 is not only amazing for punishing at 7 frames but its hitbox is also amazing for AAing into big combos. Its something everyone should look into because simply uppercutting or low profiling jump ins at all times is not enough to deter people.

The simplest AA combo ive found so far is 3-Teleport Run 21-Spear JIP F4-flame aura 21-teleport. It does a nice 30% meterless and can go right into pressure or you can set up the fake vortex after the JIP before F4 flame by doing JIP1 into F4 flame or delay b3 fireball cancel.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
The new S3 is not only amazing for punishing at 7 frames but its hitbox is also amazing for AAing into big combos. Its something everyone should look into because simply uppercutting or low profiling jump ins at all times is not enough to deter people.
Good lord is his S3 an amazing anti air... I play Kung Jin and was scared to jump at any solid scorp I played because of that damn kick... Not that it's bad as aa's in this game needed some love but it's definitely an amazing aa. Love to see scorp get some love even though I don't play him often. He's exciting as hell to watch when in the hands of MIT or other top level players

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
His new standing 3 alongside the standing 2 string buffs make him extremely good again IMO. Ill be posting a lot more as i start to play again with him cause hes easily going to be my main again unless I love smoke.

The simplest AA combo ive found so far is 3-Teleport Run 21-Spear JIP F4-flame aura 21-teleport. It does a nice 30% meterless and can go right into pressure or you can set up the fake vortex after the JIP before F4 flame by doing JIP1 into F4 flame or delay b3 fireball cancel.
Good points, but honestly, never use F4~flame aura over F4~FBRC. I get that it was insanely hard to link from pre-patch but now that he has a 7 frame standing normal it should be tolerable with enough grinding.

didn't they give him vanilla 214 cancel frames?
Essentially yes.

So standing 3 works pretty good as an anti air?

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
The combo in the second video is really nice. I'm not a fan of the neutral pop up jump punch but the entire combo is very nice.

So his 21>spear after teleport is actually easier to do now? Because before that was incredibly hard to do, the timing was super strict, how about now?