What's new

General/Other - Ronin Ronin General Discussion Thread

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
okay . im pretty much gonna stay in the lab with Ronin today and see if i can find anything new or unexplored

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
lol if you do, let me know but I've been at it for 79 days and can tell you I've pretty much seen it all.
#roninforlife

man its funny... first we all say takeda needs something... everyone blows us up.... then we "git gud" and pretty much hyperbolic time chamber his ass up to mid tier... every one says he tops... now we spend countless days in the lab with him, hunting for anything new- clean or dirty- and then YOMI drops the - -hes second to last notion.. we try to say no, his gotta be at least mid, and now within hours of them dropping the list , we are getting blown up again but now we are told hey - he just sucks- not everyone is meant to be viable in fighting games...

im determined to find something.. lol

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Ronin is viable for multiple match ups and not to mention it is extremely fun to play with due to his versatile rush down. For example versus Quan Chi you're better off using Ronin rush him down due to his poor defensive options, in some cases you can even bully him indefinitely with pressure of B212+4 > DB1 and then F122+4 > DF1 to then go back into B212+4, he can back dash or armor which are both easily baitable while leading to a full punish.

Definitely consider learning it, you won't regret it.

@Qiwi Beatiful combos, time for me to up my execution.

Hmm Good points but with a quality quan chi zoning , I'm pretty dependent on Tele port closing that gap..but still this sounds like a good match up @close range for ronin. I wish there were more...but honestly, now after the latest patches I think there's even less favorable matches across all three variations... Seriously in a 2.3 weeks , kano, shinnok, kitana, mileena, kang and reptile, all have been causing way more head ache.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
So who do you guys think is a bad match up for Ronin?
I seem to have a real problem with kung lao, scorpion, Mileena and liu kang. Its usually more so when the opponent has really good pressure with the character that it gives me problems. But I can guarantee that probably 85% of my losses have come from just those 4 characters.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Just picking up ronin today, I pretty much have his midscreen bnbs down (ab 33-34%)

My corner combos however I can't seem to get over 34% one meter. Anyone have a good corner combo close to 40%?

Also messing around with: njp, exbf4xx, 21, bf2 for about 26% (doesn't really seem worth the bar though since you can njp, d1, 21, bf2 for 21%)

He doesn't seem to be that great of a character so far but I do like his overhead low, overhead, and low combo starters. Also those pulse blades look and sound so badass!!!

hayatei

Noob
Just picking up ronin today, I pretty much have his midscreen bnbs down (ab 33-34%)

My corner combos however I can't seem to get over 34% one meter. Anyone have a good corner combo close to 40%?

Also messing around with: njp, exbf4xx, 21, bf2 for about 26% (doesn't really seem worth the bar though since you can njp, d1, 21, bf2 for 21%)

He doesn't seem to be that great of a character so far but I do like his overhead low, overhead, and low combo starters. Also those pulse blades look and sound so badass!!!
do NJP 44 df1 or NJP 44 blade drop blade call 44 df1 for 23% and 36%

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Using the JI2,B3xxdb1 bug, you can setup your blade offscreen for the cost of a bar.
It still makes a sound, so just cough REALLY loud. This is 100% the most useful tech Ronin has. This is really important stuff, guys.
:DOGE
Why is this a bug? Can you explain what's happening? Are you dropping the blade after the ex blade kall?

hayatei

Noob
Why is this a bug? Can you explain what's happening? Are you dropping the blade after the ex blade kall?
when you jip2 someone the physics changes for some reasons

so you can combo jip2 into b3 mid blade drop blade call and it lifts them extremely high for no reasons

you can get 42-43% 1 meter and 32% meterless using this

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
when you jip2 someone the physics changes for some reasons

so you can combo jip2 into b3 mid blade drop blade call and it lifts them extremely high for no reasons

you can get 42-43% 1 meter and 32% meterless using this
Wow! Ok. I was trying to do this without the jip and was wondering if it was just me. Ok. Good tip

how do ppl connect neutral jump 2 after a back 3 and normal light saber drop?
it seems like I am always too slow and once I got my light saber back the opponent is already grounded

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
how do ppl connect neutral jump 2 after a back 3 and normal light saber drop?
it seems like I am always too slow and once I got my light saber back the opponent is already grounded

B3 > blade. The blade will hit twice and it'll be easy.

The only way ppl have found to do this is b3 after a jip. So the combo isn't all that practical outside of punishes.

Hope that helps!!

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
so legit question - anybody who was picking up Ronin as a pocket switched to hunter predator? pretty much thinking thats what im going to do .

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
so legit question - anybody who was picking up Ronin as a pocket switched to hunter predator? pretty much thinking thats what im going to do .
No, takeda is fine. Just players want 50/50s and easy play. I do fine against high level players in any match up w any variation. Except lasher lol

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Yeah SR is still my main but with me working on A ronin pocket and a subzero pocket , Hunter just fits perfectly. Although hunter gets shit on by zoners I just think he's pretty Damn fun. Although I do expect them to nerf predator's damage , I think if he stayed like this I could be using him a bit more that I use ronin.

Right now I think prob in a week or so I'll be running this " playlist"

SR takeda (main)
Hunter (secondary)
ronin & subzero ( I used all three subs) pockets

Then later in hopefully tremor can fit in there somewhere.