What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile General Discussion

What do you think is the best variation to use?

• Total voters

huh

Noob
Can anyone drop some advice for landing the "run cancel f412xxbf4" after njp f41 in the 41% no meter whiff punish combo?
Do 21, run~F412~slide instead :DOGE

But, seriously now, If you hit f41 in that combo, the following f412 can hit without the run cancel, just wait the recovery of f41 end and input f412~slide directly. Should work

Zaccel

Noob
Didn't want to make a whole thread about this, so here it goes. I'd make a video but nah

f412xxbf2, 1, 14xxEXSFB only does 20%, but it's safe, even against Sub-Zero. If they respect it, you can do mixups or whatever--but this particular combo (and a few others ending the same way), if you do a meaty f21xxdb2, pushes them away from the EXSFB. f21xxdb2 has a gap in it, but any attempt at armour (even Sub-Zero's slide) will get blown up as the EXSFB drifts into range.

It's finicky and the tradeoff is lousy, but it's interesting.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Didn't want to make a whole thread about this, so here it goes. I'd make a video but nah

f412xxbf2, 1, 14xxEXSFB only does 20%, but it's safe, even against Sub-Zero. If they respect it, you can do mixups or whatever--but this particular combo (and a few others ending the same way), if you do a meaty f21xxdb2, pushes them away from the EXSFB. f21xxdb2 has a gap in it, but any attempt at armour (even Sub-Zero's slide) will get blown up as the EXSFB drifts into range.

It's finicky and the tradeoff is lousy, but it's interesting.
Yea I already mentioned 14 xx EX Spit set-ups to be safe unlike pre-patch when they were just gimmicks. Now you can do things like F412 xx Elbow Dash , NJP , 21, 14 xx EX Spit.

EX Spit also now doesn't go away on hit anymore and continues to do DoT when you do F21 1+3

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
Does Reptile have any front facing knockdowns? Do front facing knockdowns even matter anymore?

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Is it just me or does SZ Cryo absolutely destroy Reptile?

I find myself free against that pricks 50\50 into 43% damage all the time.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
With the recent patch...So with Reptile's 2in1 being turned off means that he is going back to the way it was before? Meaning that he can only stop slow forceball mid-screen and fast forceball at nearly full screen again?

Am I understanding that correctly?

I'm on XB1 so I don't have the patch yet.

huh

Noob
With the recent patch...So with Reptile's 2in1 being turned off means that he is going back to the way it was before? Meaning that he can only stop slow forceball mid-screen and fast forceball at nearly full screen again?

Am I understanding that correctly?

I'm on XB1 so I don't have the patch yet.
It's all the same, you can stop it right after reptile releases it.

Basically, the patch only means that when you have a forceball out, if you do f412~ex dd3, for instance, you will now get the invisibility properly and not the forceball stopping. They've only corrected that bug.

Before, the invisibility would not come out while a forceball was active (even if it was out of the screen), since "ex dd" would take priority over "ex dd3" and the game would make the forceball stop instead.

Since now you cannot cancel combos with the forceball stop, doing f412~ex dd3, or any other string cancelled into ex-dd3 will not cause a forceball stop.

But, the raw forceball stop is still the same. You can put out the forceball and stop it at anytime after the recovery.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Re: stopping fb's..

wasted move most the time anyways

Is it just me or does SZ Cryo absolutely destroy Reptile?

I find myself free against that pricks 50\50 into 43% damage all the time.
Pretty much. Even Grandmaster is a bad matchup for Rep. SZ slide nullifies any FB setups. You gotta beat em in the neutral game which is pretty tough. Maximize any opening you get. Baiting a full screen slide that comes up short is the only other piece of advice I can give.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
It's all the same, you can stop it right after reptile releases it.

Basically, the patch only means that when you have a forceball out, if you do f412~ex dd3, for instance, you will now get the invisibility properly and not the forceball stopping. They've only corrected that bug.

Before, the invisibility would not come out while a forceball was active (even if it was out of the screen), since "ex dd" would take priority over "ex dd3" and the game would make the forceball stop instead.

Since now you cannot cancel combos with the forceball stop, doing f412~ex dd3, or any other string cancelled into ex-dd3 will not cause a forceball stop.

But, the raw forceball stop is still the same. You can put out the forceball and stop it at anytime after the recovery.
Ok, cool. So Reptile really didn't receive any nerfs this patch? Just fixes.

zoofs

bless
can anyone tell me the exact + frames after f412 ex invis and inform me of what other relatively plus stuff deceptive has? just picking it up now

4x4lo8o

Noob
can anyone tell me the exact + frames after f412 ex invis and inform me of what other relatively plus stuff deceptive has? just picking it up now
F412 and f21 ~invis are both +7ish (b2 will beat a flipkick reversal from Cassie). 4 is positive enough to jail into f4

zoofs

bless
not that this ^ is match footage per se, but I've been wondering why there is no reptile vid thread. Someone should make one.