What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile General Discussion

What do you think is the best variation to use?

• Total voters

zoofs

bless
I know about Reptile enough without any inspiration, believe me)
lol I'm not saying he was the first one to do it, I'm basically just tagging him because he does b1 anti airs online and the main time where it's pretty consistent is baiting the jump with a forceball out

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
lol I'm not saying he was the first one to do it, I'm basically just tagging him because he does b1 anti airs online and the main time where it's pretty consistent is baiting the jump with a forceball out
Ok i see, antiairing with Reptile is hard online and this is the easyest way to do it(after bait), because you do not need to be distracted by something else and spece it properly.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
So I've been recently been branching off to play a number of different characters. I use them for a week then if I like them I keep them in my rotation but if I don't like them I drop them. I've decided Reptile seems like a fun character to try this upcoming week. So I have a little lab experience but I don't know which variation to pick. I can't do my bnb's while invisible. So it's either noxious or nimble. Which one would you recommend and why?

Rasssta48

So I've been recently been branching off to play a number of different characters. I use them for a week then if I like them I keep them in my rotation but if I don't like them I drop them. I've decided Reptile seems like a fun character to try this upcoming week. So I have a little lab experience but I don't know which variation to pick. I can't do my bnb's while invisible. So it's either noxious or nimble. Which one would you recommend and why?
Noxious it's your choice for sure, first of all it's easiest to learn of all three, secondly simply because easier to learn invisible bnb's than learn all Nimble specific bnb's. I think Noxious overall better for you, no doubt about it.

Last edited:

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
Noxious it's your choice for sure, first of all it's easiest to learn of all three, secondly simply because easier to learn invisible bnb's than learn all Nimble specific bnb's. I think Noxious overall better for you, no doubt about it.
I took your advice and oh my is noxious reptile Fun. I get so hyped everytime they get hit with the force ball. I just blare the song Reptile by Skrillex and just go ham with my low damage BNBs

Rasssta48

This is an example of antiairing with Reptile, b1 for close jump ins and great find - f21+3 for punish jumps over balls from distance:
It should be mention that d2 become really good antiair after patch, there's INSANE upper hitbox, no jump ins that could beat it out if timed right, early enough. After AA with d2 it can be extended with EX Slippery Slide for 19% damage.

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So if Nox Reptile had a faster start up on EX gas to allow it to combo similar to EX invis in Dec, would that be too strong? Its probably just a nice to have something and not needed but I'm curious for the communities opinion.

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
So if Nox Reptile had a faster start up on EX gas to allow it to combo similar to EX invis in Dec, would that be too strong?
I'm not sure it would be too strong since it wouldn't become a parry like w/ invis., however it would probably make noxious more meter dependant and I kind of like it being the "meterless damage" variation of the three.

I think noxious could use a little something to seperate it from core Reptile and his variations, giving him deceptive combos with ex gas replacing ex invis doesn't seem like the solution, imo.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I'm not sure it would be too strong since it wouldn't become a parry like w/ invis., however it would probably make noxious more meter dependant and I kind of like it being the "meterless damage" variation of the three.

I think noxious could use a little something to seperate it from core Reptile and his variations, giving him deceptive combos with ex gas replacing ex invis doesn't seem like the solution, imo.
I just don't see a reason to activate gas as Nox reptile even though I prefer that variation. Like normally I 'll just get jabbed out of it when I try to apply pressue and I rarely see any high level reptile players even activate gas.

KrstffrMunk

I just don't see a reason to activate gas as Nox reptile even though I prefer that variation.
I almost only ever use it after 3,4 to get the 40-something% meterless dmg, and to me that combo alone makes noxious worth it in fights were it's a punisher.

KrstffrMunk

Then I'll chalk that up to online delay. Often I try to punish with a high for various characters I get poked out.
To correct myself, standing 3 being a high can be an issue if the move being punished is low-profiling during its recovery anims.

But yea it might be online shenanigans, if they're able to poke out when your timing's on point you'll have to resort to something faster and/or mid-hitting for that particular move.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
In the corner i sometimes end my combos with f412 activation instead of slide. People are so hell bent on tech rolling that they wont even wake up attack. By the time they realized i activated its too late and they eat a meaty b2.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Btw in Nimble when you want to activate basilisk and you have a forceball on the battlefield - dd3 (ex) will stop the forceball - Fix this pls :/

KrstffrMunk

Btw in Nimble when you want to activate basilisk and you have a forceball on the battlefield - dd3 (ex) will stop the forceball - Fix this pls :/
Happens in Noxious too. It used to happen in Deceptive but they fixed it fairly quickly upon discovery if I recall correctly. Weird that they didn't do the same for the two other variations.

I've got a pretty solid Reptile imo but I only play Noxious and Deceptive. Is there any reason to look into Nimble, matchup-wise or other?

Nimble you get biggest damage from conversions and amazing corner carry and great corner game. Corner game great with noxious to and can get 50 percent but nimble I feel you will get close to that 50 more often

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Nimble you get biggest damage from conversions and amazing corner carry and great corner game. Corner game great with noxious to and can get 50 percent but nimble I feel you will get close to that 50 more often
Don't you need meter to do proper combos with Nimble? If so Nimble seems to require a lot more meter mangement. And Reptile kinda needs meter as it is.

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
Don't you need meter to do proper combos with Nimble? If so Nimble seems to require a lot more meter mangement. And Reptile kinda needs meter as it is.
You need meter for Nimble and Deceptive. But 51% in the corner for 1 bar sounds pretty good to me. I think noxious is the worst, but I'll use it in MUs such as Johnny Cage or Liu. I think nimble is still really good for damage and set ups. But I think Deceptive is the best by far. Parry, blowing up wake ups, make yourself safe, +7 on F412 xx EX DD3, invisible footsies, etc. They are all three good variations, but I don't think there's really any reason to not just use Deceptive.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
You need meter for Nimble and Deceptive. But 51% in the corner for 1 bar sounds pretty good to me. I think noxious is the worst, but I'll use it in MUs such as Johnny Cage or Liu. I think nimble is still really good for damage and set ups. But I think Deceptive is the best by far. Parry, blowing up wake ups, make yourself safe, +7 on F412 xx EX DD3, invisible footsies, etc. They are all three good variations, but I don't think there's really any reason to not just use Deceptive.
I tend to play Noxious only because it's consistent. I find myself using my meter to armor through my opponents options so often that I just prefer Noxious. I have consistent chip pressure with the gas and the option to activate on a knockdown for more pressure.

With deceptive I have to make a good guess on my 50/50. If they block it i can be safe afterwards but if they poke I lose the invis. If I block I lose invis. With nimble I have to first get them to the corner, not hard with reptile but can be with the way online is, and then go for the 50+% combo. If not in the corner Nimble doesn't outshine the others. Because I favor the consistency of Nox I find it better overall.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
i love the roundhouse kick so i decided to record a video with some roundhousekick-combos in the corner. This is by far not optimal , but i love the jump in 4 so much :D

Yes_Zir

Noob
I don't know if anybody has found this yet, though I'm sure somebody has.

You can combo after mb slide in the corner with d3 and catch with f41 into whatever else you put there.