What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
You know if he really is that bad they will buff him. Just gotta be patient, which admittedly can be difficult.
I hope to god you are right dude, ask any kenshi player how good kenshi is and they will tell you how garbage he is right now, our spirits are low. Very low, I'm afraid they won't buff him because casuals constantly bitch about zoning characters and always want nerfs to them so they are unusable.

I hope to god you are right dude, ask any kenshi player how good kenshi is and they will tell you how garbage he is right now, our spirits are low. Very low, I'm afraid they won't buff him because casuals constantly bitch about zoning characters and always want nerfs to them so they are unusable.
I don't think anyone is bitching about kenshi at this point. Too busy worrying about Jacqui and kano and quan.

mrtom

Noob
His wake ups suck in all variations. Except fly of course.
I think his wake ups are very good. I abuse the hell out of them until they get wise and block at which point I wake up and throw them. His ex wake ups cover basically everything- shocker or db3 if they're grounded and vb if they're jumping. I rarely wakeup superman since you can't combo off it.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
How? It doesn't hit ducking opponents?
Praise be to those who just neutral duck in front of Raiden when he's doing a wakeup attack. Good on them I guess. I mainly use ex-shocker. I use ex-vb in close rounds after they are already used to my ex-shocker on wakeup. The best thing they could do about that is block, so if they are crouch blocking, ex-vb is neutral on block and highs will connect on crouch blockers. Then mash f1 to victory. If it hits, hey a combo.

Cerebru

Noob
Praise be to those who just neutral duck in front of Raiden when he's doing a wakeup attack. Good on them I guess. I mainly use ex-shocker. I use ex-vb in close rounds after they are already used to my ex-shocker on wakeup. The best thing they could do about that is block, so if they are crouch blocking, ex-vb is neutral on block and highs will connect on crouch blockers. Then mash f1 to victory. If it hits, hey a combo.
I would expect Curbo to duck projectiles and high attacks and and specials as would I. And you better too. Ducking is forbidden against Erron Black. #Annoying

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Well, Thunder God is a different story because if they aren't blocking his f1 they are getting full combo'd meterless into a vortex or standing reset at the least.

Cerebru

Noob
Well, Thunder God is a different story because if they aren't blocking his f1 they are getting full combo'd meterless into a vortex or standing reset at the least.
Doesn't work against ex-spin wake up but it forces it. So block and punish on reaction is my thought. The set up can be tech rolled and back dashed also.

nugava

Noob
I will play my first and (probably) only tournament next week, with Thunder God Raiden. I swear: If my b2 is blocked, I'll put my controller down, I'll make the same hand gesture as Raiden, I'll pick my controller back, and I am sure someone won't punish that.

Cerebru

Noob
I will play my first and (probably) only tournament next week, with Thunder God Raiden. I swear: If my b2 is blocked, I'll put my controller down, I'll make the same hand gesture as Raiden, I'll pick my controller back, and I am sure someone won't punish that.
Offline? GL

What do you guys use for anti airing with Raiden? His d2 seems too slow and unreliable. This is for thunder god variation but if other variations use something else please share!

Iz-GOod

Noob
What do you guys use for anti airing with Raiden? His d2 seems too slow and unreliable. This is for thunder god variation but if other variations use something else please share!
I don't think he really has a universal anti-air move. I'll have to test it out, but my guess is a combination of d2, VB, NJP and f1. It all depends on the range of the opponent's jump.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I don't think he really has a universal anti-air move. I'll have to test it out, but my guess is a combination of d2, VB, NJP and f1. It all depends on the range of the opponent's jump.
F1 beats almost all jump ins and cross ups