What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

To everyone here saying it is too early for buffs, look at kenshis frame data and how he is able to be punished by half the cast at full screen after a blocked telefury, and how when kenshi can only zone (I'm specifically talking balanced) and he doesn't even do that well since his frame data up close is complete ass, and how it is tough for the kenshi community to find worthwhile tech for him to over come bad match ups (which is most likely 9/10s of the cast) and completely failed. Kenshi mains know how bad he is, but people that haven't spent time with him well think he looks decent. But it is only an illusion since he is pretty much horrible in every category, rush down, normals too slow and only has overheads after 2 obvious as hell strings. Mid range, all of his moves on block are punishable as fuck by pretty much the entire cast, full screen, moves takes too much recovery that you can A. Punish is full screen if you can or B block and walk towards kenshi patiently until you get into that range that is punishable for your character (which is very very very easy because of how slow kenshis zoning is in every category) so since he completely fails in all categories and is complete trash, yeah I would say he needs a buff
Why you gotta come in this Raiden thread and make it about how bad kenshi is?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
To everyone here saying it is too early for buffs, look at kenshis frame data and how he is able to be punished by half the cast at full screen after a blocked telefury, and how when kenshi can only zone (I'm specifically talking balanced) and he doesn't even do that well since his frame data up close is complete ass, and how it is tough for the kenshi community to find worthwhile tech for him to over come bad match ups (which is most likely 9/10s of the cast) and completely failed. Kenshi mains know how bad he is, but people that haven't spent time with him well think he looks decent. But it is only an illusion since he is pretty much horrible in every category, rush down, normals too slow and only has overheads after 2 obvious as hell strings. Mid range, all of his moves on block are punishable as fuck by pretty much the entire cast, full screen, moves takes too much recovery that you can A. Punish is full screen if you can or B block and walk towards kenshi patiently until you get into that range that is punishable for your character (which is very very very easy because of how slow kenshis zoning is in every category) so since he completely fails in all categories and is complete trash, yeah I would say he needs a buff
I feel for you man, but let's not act like Kenshi's the only character with some problems in this game. Though, he already had his time to shine in MK9. Ain't nobody sympathizing for Kenshi players now. lol

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
It connects already in the cases I'm referring to and it wouldn't do any more damage the anything else I could end with. I have seen a lot of Raiden Combo vids. I just thought it was worth looking into but hey what do I know.

Um... Ask a un bias Mileena for their honest opinion. Best Regards
First off, the raiden stuff... I think you'll be fine. He already has a standing reset he should be ending with most of the time anyway. If you want to end your combo with big dammy go for b14~shocker... at least in the corner. Midscreen end with b14~superman to push them into the corner.

And I'm not even a mileena player, but I see her overwhelming problems. I played against soonk, who is absolutely no slouch, all weekend at northwest majors. We roomed together. I was able to punish him with a full combo after he would hit with sai or both versions of tele kick. The only thing mileena players can do to get damage is spend meter for an unsafe 50/50. Both options are unsafe. Piercing is the only variation worth a damn right now solely because of her longer ranged normals. Ethereal teleports serve almost no purpose, just as much as Raiden's regular tele in displacer. And to top it off, there is literally no difference between her regular teleport and ex teleport. No difference at all. Worthless. And in ravenous... her whole thing is supposed to be command grabs. But they can all be blocked. They're just mids.

Cerebru

Noob
This is hilarious
First off, the raiden stuff... I think you'll be fine. He already has a standing reset he should be ending with most of the time anyway. If you want to end your combo with big dammy go for b14~shocker... at least in the corner. Midscreen end with b14~superman to push them into the corner.

And I'm not even a mileena player, but I see her overwhelming problems. I played against soonk, who is absolutely no slouch, all weekend at northwest majors. We roomed together. I was able to punish him with a full combo after he would hit with sai or both versions of tele kick. The only thing mileena players can do to get damage is spend meter for an unsafe 50/50. Both options are unsafe. Piercing is the only variation worth a damn right now solely because of her longer ranged normals. Ethereal teleports serve almost no purpose, just as much as Raiden's regular tele in displacer. And to top it off, there is literally no difference between her regular teleport and ex teleport. No difference at all. Worthless. And in ravenous... her whole thing is supposed to be command grabs. But they can all be blocked. They're just mids.
Raiden's regular tele in displacer. No purpose? Explain.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This is hilarious

If people aren't punishing you every single time you use a regular teleport... they're playing the game wrong. Even the far away tele, they can just run and full combo punish.

The only use I can think of for regular teleport is if they are completely out of stamina and you're trying to get away with the far teleport.

This is hilarious

The recovery frames make it punishable from anything from anywhere always. There, you got an unbiased explanation of what makes mileena bad from someone who doesn't play her. And those are the same thgs pepople that DO play her are saying.

Cerebru

Noob
This is hilarious

This is why I don
If people aren't punishing you every single time you use a regular teleport... they're playing the game wrong. Even the far away tele, they can just run and full combo punish.

The only use I can think of for regular teleport is if they are completely out of stamina and you're trying to get away with the far teleport.
You can't punish my tele while your tech rolling but I can show you how to guess the fifty fifty vortex without that stupid b14 string and save meter ......I should do a youtube Vid so you can watch it. Maybe then my opinion would be valid.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This is why I don

You can't punish my tele while your tech rolling but I can show you how to guess the fifty fifty vortex without that stupid b14 string and save meter ......I should do a youtube Vid so you can watch it. Maybe then my opinion would be valid.
Regular tele has 13 frames startup and 29 frames recovery or so. That's at least 42 frames where you can't do anything and can be hit. If you're teleporting after a knockdown, you're giving up literally all of your advantage. Tech rolls don't take that long. But if you know something I don't, please enlighten me.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Displacer needs his regular teleport recovery to be reduced, -29 is just too much, its almost like whiffing a scorpion teleport without canceling

so anywho, people that are suggesting mileena buffs are doing so because they recognize that without meter, it's almost impossible to hit anyone. Also her regular low sai blast is -8 on HIT and her regulr landed TK forces you to be defensive and can be punished.

there are very few other players that can be punished for landing specials, and this doesn't even touch her known bugs.

Curiouse to see your raiden vid. Some validity to teleport would be appreciated by aot of people.

Cerebru

Noob
Displacer needs his regular teleport recovery to be reduced, -29 is just too much, its almost like whiffing a scorpion teleport without canceling
It is thats why he has the ex version. Wait til you see my vid. I want B Whizz to check it out first. He trust my opinion.

we were talking about regular teleport.

I hope this isn't just an AI set to tech roll on knock down, knock down, teleport, mixup attempt.. because well, that's not a vortex, and we were talking about reglar teleport.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Are you a Raiden Player or not? Stop trolling me
Excuse you? Either you're talking about a standing reset into 50/50 and you don't know what vortex means... or you're a god damned genius. I'm not trolling. If you've found something good I want to see it.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It is thats why he has the ex version. Wait til you see my vid. I want B Whizz to check it out first. He trust my opinion.
Will you spend 1 bar of meter every time you want to punish projectiles or deal with counter zoners? because Regular teleport can't even do that.
I'm not saying give him godlike recovery, just a slight that doesn't make him way too mobile, but at least be able to punish characters when he is able to react to a move with slow recovery.

If you play against scorpion, you won't even mash D4, if he predict that, he will counter with a teleport, he can get in there in time to land at least a grab, and that has 20 startup.

I'm not asking for raiden to have a godlike recovery, but at least not get stuck for 29 frames everytimes he tries to escape something or punish something.

What vortex? Displacer raiden doesn't have a vortex.
I meant the b14,LC,f12 restand vortex. He was implying you save meter doing his displacer version (whatever that actually looks like) I was just stating you can hitconfirm back into the restand off overhead and low hits without meter... So there is no meter to save.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Funny, I didn't know this thread was in the Kenshi forum.

Cerebru

Noob
Will you spend 1 bar of meter every time you want to punish projectiles or deal with counter zoners? because Regular teleport can't even do that.
I'm not saying give him godlike recovery, just a slight that doesn't make him way too mobile, but at least be able to punish characters when he is able to react to a move with slow recovery.

If you play against scorpion, you won't even mash D4, if he predict that, he will counter with a teleport, he can get in there in time to land at least a grab, and that has 20 startup.

I'm not asking for raiden to have a godlike recovery, but at least not get stuck for 29 frames everytimes he tries to escape something or punish something.
I agree. But I agree for a different reason add me on xbl we can discuss the matter.

Cerebru

Noob
Excuse you? Either you're talking about a standing reset into 50/50 and you don't know what vortex means... or you're a god damned genius. I'm not trolling. If you've found something good I want to see it.
My friendI have to all my those who think displacer is the worst variant now change me from noob to Lord Raiden ... excuse me lol but I will share