What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

PwnStar

Noob
Let's work on his ability to tap dance through clones and his disjointed MvC-esque hitboxes on his flailing overheads...then we'll talk about this need for buffs.

Whitefox

Noob
You can midscreen combo with 3,4

It's 34 run b1 4 LC 214 shocker

Forgot to add it does 33% no jump in punch

Last edited:

Voodoo

Smack it up, flip it and rub it down.
His teleport really does need a buff though. Why did they make it so bad?

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Raiden doesn't need the buffs Thu are asking for or any buffs. He is arguably the best character in the game and clearly one of the best.
@Cerebru are you doing b14 ex tele because if it's anything else it's not viable

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Let's work on his ability to tap dance through clones and his disjointed MvC-esque hitboxes on his flailing overheads...then we'll talk about this need for buffs.
Mannnn that overhead is HELLA punishable from anywhere on the screen though. I have noticed some weird properties that let me go through clones sometimes. I don't understand it at all and I wasn't aware this only applied to Raiden.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Raiden doesn't need the buffs Thu are asking for or any buffs. He is arguably the best character in the game and clearly one of the best.
@Cerebru are you doing b14 ex tele because if it's anything else it's not viable
That's not meterless though. I think whatver he's referring to has something to do with tech rolling, but you can wake up out of a tech roll.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Why you gotta come in this Raiden thread and make it about how bad kenshi is?
Sorry, kenshi being horrible has me in a horrible mood, I'm super salty and depressed about my main man, my favorite video game character is trash, my bad I shouldn't post on forums when depressed like this

Sorry, kenshi being horrible has me in a horrible mood, I'm super salty and depressed about my main man, my favorite video game character is trash, my bad I shouldn't post on forums when depressed like this
You know if he really is that bad they will buff him. Just gotta be patient, which admittedly can be difficult.

PwnStar

Noob
I'm not complaining that the overhead isn't punishable...it just has whacked out hitboxes that aren't connected to his hands. Then again Sub Zero's j1 totally doesn't make sense in how it visually connects with the opponent.

Mk9 final teleport frames were great. If you abused it, you got punished. If you made a good read on a projectile, you punished them. Towards the end, some people were even thinking maybe he should have vanilla teleport back to be viable. Then they nerf it again for mkx. Even though nobody was complaining about in mk9.

There's some balance choices in this game that really, just make no sense. Mileenas tele being -8 on hit is another example. Also kenshi and ermac being punish by anything anywhere for trying to zone, which is what they were designed for