What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Lol. Sure... b2/b3 beeing 12 frames. Damn too slow... KappaFace... I might say his weakness is the low poking game... But I did not even looked at that really well...
Yeah it's a slight downfall. d1 and d3 are both -8 so they can definitely get a free poke in at least. But on hit you can go for a throw, f1, b2, or b3. Other characters get better things for instance Kung Lao's spin. Even the regular one would punish as a reversal. You prob have a few frames there to input it after block stun too. So you just have to know who you can't down poke against. But that's ok... f1 is a 5 frame mid =P. And it combos. f12 is only -4 if i remember correctly and f12b1 hold is apparently -8 but has really good pushback and is completely safe, even against tempest lao reversal ex-spin.

Just b2~shocker. Gotta delay the shocker correctly. And it is godlike. Thunder god raiden is absolutely absurd. Mash f1 to victory. 5 frame mid that launches for meterless damage into a standing reset into a 50/50. Raiden is a problem right now. People saying he's too slow are fucking retarded.
Is there a way to use the input flood to change the timing up? B2>Shocker can cancel on hit as well, so I imagine the timing is pretty tight.

My understanding of this option select chicanery is that you can just flood the game's inputs until it literally can't even like a white girl on Twitter. But IDK if that works in every case.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Kinda not gameplay related but I simply love the way they made raiden look in mkx. In mk9 he was like a guy in a hat wearing pajamas. He's actually looking very good now.
Agreed! MKX Raiden looks magnificent and grand with all the lightnings shooting out from him at all times. His victory pose especially, where he floats above the ground surrounded by a magnitude of lightnings, give me goose bumps every time. I think that, along with his look in the original MK, MK Deadly Alliance, and MK Deception, are his best ever.

Last edited:

mrtom

Noob
I found a setup to beat sub-zero's wakeup ex slide:
Sweep, switch stance, ex shocker

If you do the shocker too early, before the switch stance animation starts, the two moves basically absorb and cancel each other out. This can be timed manually with practice but I found using the switch stance helps prevent you from doing it too early. Unfortunately you're in trouble if he just blocks :-(

For Kung Jin's Bo Staff wakeup ex spinning staff thing in the corner (Thunder God):
Anything that ends in a regular shocker, b3,2 hold

Last edited:

nugava

Noob
So... Did they fix the frame data ? Or did they change the frame data ? It seems that almost each move of Raiden has 1 more frame on start up or on block...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So... Did they fix the frame data ? Or did they change the frame data ? It seems that almost each move of Raiden has 1 more frame on start up or on block...
It seems that they changed displayed numbers. Probably to make it more in line with the format we used during MK9 and also fixing some errors in the process.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Apologies if this was already discussed earlier in the thread, but wondering what you guys anti air with? D2 is so slow seeming and I'm not sure what the better option is (I just picked up Raiden).

Cerebru

Noob
NRS Can Raiden second hit on his 34 string hit box be increase for combos. I see no reason why it should connect after f24 ex grab especially since all of Rajin's string connect from half screen so effortlessly. 34 is strict even after 214 ex grab making it almost no reward for spending the meter to lengthen my combo outside the corner. This topic is debatable lol....no troll

Last edited:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
NRS Can Raiden second hit on his 34 string hit box be increase for combos. I see no reason why it should connect after f2b ex grab especially since all of Rajin's string connect from half screen so effortlessly. 34 is strict even after 214 ex grab making it almost no reward for spending the meter to lengthen my combo outside the corner. This topic is debatable lol....no troll
Sarcasm or not, this makes no sense at all.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
not even going to read the first post, i have no idea what character this is about i just saw the title and knew what this was asking

but the answer is yes it is too early, for nerfs or buffs. for any character.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
NRS Can Raiden second hit on his 34 string hit box be increase for combos. I see no reason why it should connect after f2b ex grab especially since all of Rajin's string connect from half screen so effortlessly. 34 is strict even after 214 ex grab making it almost no reward for spending the meter to lengthen my combo outside the corner. This topic is debatable lol....no troll
No. 34 is a combo starter, it doesn't work well mid combo. I had a hard time understanding what you're asking for, but if you're asking for raiden buffs on one single string because it doesn't connect mid combo, then no. Raiden has ridiculous combos and huge damage already. My advice would be to go to youtube and look some up. As for the combo thread, I'm going to update it tonight.

People will act like it's too early to ask for minor buffs, but it's not.

As a Mileena player, I want the hitbox on the 2nd hit of EX telekick slightly increased so it doesn't wiff on hit on certain characters.

But.. you know... "learn the game bruh."

The one that you're specifically asking for though, not going to happen.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
To everyone here saying it is too early for buffs, look at kenshis frame data and how he is able to be punished by half the cast at full screen after a blocked telefury, and how when kenshi can only zone (I'm specifically talking balanced) and he doesn't even do that well since his frame data up close is complete ass, and how it is tough for the kenshi community to find worthwhile tech for him to over come bad match ups (which is most likely 9/10s of the cast) and completely failed. Kenshi mains know how bad he is, but people that haven't spent time with him well think he looks decent. But it is only an illusion since he is pretty much horrible in every category, rush down, normals too slow and only has overheads after 2 obvious as hell strings. Mid range, all of his moves on block are punishable as fuck by pretty much the entire cast, full screen, moves takes too much recovery that you can A. Punish is full screen if you can or B block and walk towards kenshi patiently until you get into that range that is punishable for your character (which is very very very easy because of how slow kenshis zoning is in every category) so since he completely fails in all categories and is complete trash, yeah I would say he needs a buff

Cerebru

Noob
No. 34 is a combo starter, it doesn't work well mid combo. I had a hard time understanding what you're asking for, but if you're asking for raiden buffs on one single string because it doesn't connect mid combo, then no. Raiden has ridiculous combos and huge damage already. My advice would be to go to youtube and look some up. As for the combo thread, I'm going to update it tonight.
It connects already in the cases I'm referring to and it wouldn't do any more damage the anything else I could end with. I have seen a lot of Raiden Combo vids. I just thought it was worth looking into but hey what do I know.
I'm curious as to how many buffs you'd want if you played Mileena.
Um... Ask a un bias Mileena for their honest opinion. Best Regards