What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden General Discussion

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yea it's ex slide as it's 6f but it's only 8% for a bar and a tight punish window for reptile. I'd just use 214, f2 and 34 against him to be safe in certain situations.

Unrelated but I just got the new 1.04 patch on PS4. Has anyone noticed any changes to raiden?
Haha yeah. And most times it's like... alright i'll take 8% damage for him to lose a bar of meter.

nugava

Noob
Something funny happened in a match against Erron Block. During the finish him, he send me a sand grenade, and Raiden's hat stopped it.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Something funny happened in a match against Erron Block. During the finish him, he send me a sand grenade, and Raiden's hat stopped it.
New tech lol. In MK9, Raiden's hands would randomly get wrapped around by lightnings and would stay that way till the end of the round. Maybe what you found is MKX's Raiden easter egg.

Last edited:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
What was the thing you said raiden had with his f1 when it hits?
??? Not sure what you're referring to. If f1 alone hits I believe it's +14 so you can go for b2 or b3 and they have to block? Is that what you're talking about?

Also, what happened to that video you were making?

Cerebru

Noob
??? Not sure what you're referring to. If f1 alone hits I believe it's +14 so you can go for b2 or b3 and they have to block? Is that what you're talking about?

Also, what happened to that video you were making?
Exactly... I've been trying it out... look for me at CEO!!

Cerebru

Noob
Ah, not going to talk until after june?

Just going to assume it's not good then.
No it takes a month of solid repetition to me per version of whatever game.... Raiden is God like less i just have some insane mental break down... I should do decent but I have put together some great tech and I owe you one for the f1 thing so Im trying to incorporate it. I got run some offline matches first. I don't want anybody just getting blown up from my lack of experience is all. Plus once you put this out its no going back. People are going to realize they are playing a lot of chars wrong... or in away thats to personal to be competitive.

what are raidens best stings to learn and what are his bnbs midscreen and corner. not look for most damage but bnbs for online play :)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
what are raidens best stings to learn and what are his bnbs midscreen and corner. not look for most damage but bnbs for online play :)
Click your browser's back button. Then click on the "Raiden Combo Thread" that is stickied at the top of the forum. =) Granted, not everything is in the OP yet.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
PSA: I have no idea what's with frame data on that nor did I test it yet, just posting random thought.

Can you do b2~LRC on standing opponent and still get anything out of it? Like, I dunno, combo, frames, something else? If first hit of b2 provides decent hitstun, then we can make OH option safer without relying on OSs that may or may not be patched out at this point (some people report that they cannot do it anymore).

In general, why there's a lot of talk about Inferno/Marksman/A-list and even Heavy weapons (of all things) holdable move cancel pressure, but nothing about TG? Is it because TG don't have good cancel frames for that or maybe because players rely on sparky strings and it's not worth the hassle to use LRC outside of combos?

nugava

Noob
So as expected, I did not too great in my first MKX Offline tournament. Belgium MKX Kup. 35 competitors. 7 pools of 5 players. First two qualfied for the top 14 (+2 from other tournaments). Round Robin.
I did: 2-0, 2-0, 0-2, and 2-1... But I made 3rd of my pool because of the "match average". I did not expect the fact that we would have to play standing with HEAVY ass controllers attached to the console with a big metal "tube". But it was a really fun day. Ketchup and Mustard were there and they are hella cool.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Thinking of making Raiden my second for MUs I don't like with Sub-Zero. This character is awesome.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Has anyone messed around with ending combos with B14 xx orb in Master of Storms variation when there's already another orb out? Haven't tested it yet, but there might be some set-ups there.

Too bad J Wong plays Raiden at 10 % of his potential... J Wong is so good.
JWong's greatest attribute as a player is making other people fuck up with his mutant telekinetic controller breaking powers. Not doing max combos or anything like that. He literally breaks YOUR game, not THE game but your particular game in that moment.

nugava

Noob
Yeap. I agree. That's why I think, with Thunder God, he should be able to win EVO if he learns the full potential of the character, and the match-ups. But I guess he's too busy with SF4, which is logic.