What's new

QUESTIONS/INFO THREAD

Well if they're spamming the telestomp, just back away. It worked for my Liu Kang and I was able to punish with a follow up combo afterwards. But you have to be careful though cause if the player who's Sheeva, they can control where they land. That's if they know about it lol

Error

DF2+R2
noob, quan chi, johnny cage, cyber sub, rain, kano, kratos, raiden, and sektor have easy telestomp counters too.
My ice parry failed me against a Stomp spammer once, causing me to lose, though it might of been the lag( It was the laggiest match I ever played.)

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Just jump back and jump kick. You can follow it up with fan/tele/throw or any other attack that can be combo'd out of a jump kick too, and if your kitana you can usually get quite good damage from this with a fan combo.

Evrain

Noob
As mentioned the fact that telestomp can be directed where it lands can catch players off guard. I usually direct the telestomp on the exact spot where they will jump away to, so essentially they are actually going under the stomp as opposed to avoiding it as they thought they would.

I play Sub and got demolished by a Sheeva. I know Digi and BoyzX3 have reputable Sheevas, but this fellow, Maniacal_LOL tore me a whole new one. I was falling into some silly traps, but most of her game plan was incredibly strong.

My question is regarding that command grab where she kidney punches you - is it anti-air or not? I thought she had another anti air (the one where she grabs you by the leg and tosses you on the ground). The player kept catching me mid-air while jumping which made if virtually impossible to escape her pressure game if she had meter.

I play Sub and got demolished by a Sheeva. I know Digi and BoyzX3 have reputable Sheevas, but this fellow, Maniacal_LOL tore me a whole new one. I was falling into some silly traps, but most of her game plan was incredibly strong.

My question is regarding that command grab where she kidney punches you - is it anti-air or not? I thought she had another anti air (the one where she grabs you by the leg and tosses you on the ground). The player kept catching me mid-air while jumping which made if virtually impossible to escape her pressure game if she had meter.
LOL..That was me...I was using my clan UserID....good playing with you!

Yes, the a regular grab and punch is anti-air if time correctly and since I was using the EX, there was no escape to it...haha

To get out of Sheevas frame traps you need to low poke, or even duck and uppercut. You want Sheeva to think you're going to low poke, but she ends up wasting a bar of meter on en low grab. As Sub-Zero you can probably even do a D4 into Clone.

Low poking is only one way to get out though, Sheeva has quite a few options and what she does is how you should react, albeit you don't have too much time to do so. If she does another string you can low poke. If she does a D1 get ready to opposite block the incoming grab, or do a low poke into special move/dash back. If she does a D4, block whatever comes next etc. And of course she can throw. I think this can be low poked, not 100% sure.

This is just a basic rundown though.

To get out of Sheevas frame traps you need to low poke, or even duck and uppercut. You want Sheeva to think you're going to low poke, but she ends up wasting a bar of meter on en low grab. As Sub-Zero you can probably even do a D4 into Clone. <SNIP>
It was EX, so even with the clone, she would walk right through it. I just need to bait and react... that being said, how do you escape the command grabs? I guess they can't be blocked... what about ducked? I have so little Sheeva experience. Any info is appreciated. In the meantime I'll pick up the character and mess around with her moves and learn her a bit. Can't beat your opponent if you don't understand them, right?! :))

LOL..That was me...I was using my clan UserID....good playing with you!

Yes, the a regular grab and punch is anti-air if time correctly and since I was using the EX, there was no escape to it...haha
Definitely fun, and good practice. Even though I was walking into your stomps... In my defence I was so taken aback by the Sheeva quality play, I was confused most of the time. And it was awesome that you didn't do fatalities! Add me if you want to help a Sub player level up against the Shokan!

The normal BF3 one can be blocked, but it gives her frame advantage. The low one needs to be blocked standing.

She gets a guaranteed grab attempt off a 212 string. If you're blocking low, you're going to eat a guaranteed low grab for 41%, the only way to escape it is to eat the 212. If you're blocking while standing then you eat a standing grab which gives her frame advantage, and she just built half a bar of meter while doing 7% chip.

I forgot to mention, D3 is probably the best way to completely nullify Sheevas offense. If you only do one, you recover fast enough that you won't eat an en low grab (it has armor) but fast enough that it beats out everything else Sheevas has, besides down pokes.

It was EX, so even with the clone, she would walk right through it. I just need to bait and react... that being said, how do you escape the command grabs? I guess they can't be blocked... what about ducked? I have so little Sheeva experience. Any info is appreciated. In the meantime I'll pick up the character and mess around with her moves and learn her a bit. Can't beat your opponent if you don't understand them, right?! :))

Definitely fun, and good practice. Even though I was walking into your stomps... In my defence I was so taken aback by the Sheeva quality play, I was confused most of the time. And it was awesome that you didn't do fatalities! Add me if you want to help a Sub player level up against the Shokan!
haha....Were you mesmerized of how my Sheeva moves...lol....definitely add you when I get home! Yeah, I hardly do the fatalities now, unless the other player annoys me, then I do the CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! fatality! lol

Warborn

Freebies for all
I picked up Mileena a couple weeks ago and she blows sheeva up.
Any time someone tries to stomp me its easy now. I just telekick,iAS,roll,b1,4,4,neckbite for an easy 25%
That kitana fan lift really help me out too guys thanks!

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
I wonder how Sheeva will fare against Mileena now with armor stomp and her other buffs. Can't wait for the new patch to find out!

Probably not much. She can just Roll to safety. I don't think the match up is that bad though, low grab really keeps Mileenas D4's in check, and she can punish her really well.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
telepunch sheevas stomps all day every day.

i love it, granted armour may now be a problem for that! :')

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
When Sektor en teleports Sheeva stomp, the second hit of the tele actually whiffs sometimes. It's amusing to watch considering how high up in the air she is.♡
whenever the second hit of the EX telepunch wiffs i feel like strangling a small animal.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
whenever the second hit of the EX telepunch wiffs i feel like strangling a small animal.
I get that feeling whenever a plain TU comes out on wakeup. Or when I cancel B3 into TU after forgetting to HC and doing the inputs too fast lol.

Mileena's telekick is hilarious against stomp, if you do it in subway and you catch it high enough then I end up inputting the sai's whilst we're both inside the ceiling lol