What's new

QUESTIONS/INFO THREAD

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
SanioLetuchiy on XBL is the worst culprit I have ever seen.

Stomp? Stomp. Stomp? Stomp.

He stomps after you get hit. No trying to throw you or kick you. He just carries on. If you manage to break out of this then he just uppercuts. I have honestly never seen him do a combo. His highest without meter was 14% or the throw. His highest with meter was x-ray. Avoid this dickbag at all times. Oh and he ragequits and ragemails all the time.

Thead

Noob
Applying Pressure with Sheeva

Hello Sheeva community! Well what there is of you at least lol

I've very recently picked up Sheeva and am looking for advice in some aspects of her game. Due to the slowness of her normals my games usually revolve around being on the defensive waiting for a chance to either punish or d3, mixed in with odd Fireballs, Ground Pounds and Telestomps when I get the chance.

I tend to dash in d3 d3 a lot, and throw in d3~Low Grab once I get them set on my pattern. F4 seems to be the other normal I use more due to speed, range and hitbox.

My go-to punish is 2,1,2,f1 ~ Grab. 30% and throws opponent away - Usually followed up with Fireball/Ground Pound/Telestomp.

Now you have a rough background on my playstyle, my problem is applying pressure, especially after a knockdown. Other than the normals stated, I have a very hard time pulling anything else out without being poked in some form myself - and d3 doesn't deal too much damage.

What other techniques can I use to apply good pressure up close with Sheeva?

Are their better punish options I'm overlooking?

What kind of advantage do I have after an Anti-Air Grab or Telestomp connects and what are good ways to pressure their wakeup after this? - Anything worth ending a combo with AA Grab instead of Grab n Dash?

Is their a use for Enhanced Low Grab outside of reading a low poke? - i.e any moves you can do it on reaction to?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
There are certainly better Sheeva players than me who could help you out but as someone who has also recently picked her up I'll tell you what I've been doing. I like to purposely miss with the teleport stomp (guiding it to either side of the standing opponent) because it will keep them guessing whenever she leaps up into the air. Whenever I land a Jump Punch I do 3, 3, Grab n Dash or 3, F+3, Grab n Dash...it does like 25% damage but I like the way it looks, lol. AFTER landing a teleport stomp you are practically standing right over them...you can do a plethora of things that apply pressure (just always be mindful of the wake up attack) I tend go right into a throw (I can't tell you how many times I've successfully landed this) or a well time F+4 almost always gets them OR I see a lot of Sheeva players do the 212 combo as they are laying on the ground and 7 times out of 10 they will immediately duck and block thus allowing you to do the low grab.

I would suggest talking to BoysBoysBoys or RossDaBoss_80...that's who I'm trying to emulate!

D4 Fireball. Once your opponent respects that, D4 dash F4/Throw/D4/D3.

After an AA grab, cross up or dash throw. It's untechable, meaning they can't roll back so your pressure is guaranteed wake ups aside. A good AA grab combo is B21+2 DF1 for 30%. Same thing with telestomp.

D3.

D1 into BF3 or DB3. I might try DF2, but it might be able to be poked out of, I haven't been playing much since the patch to test this. You can get poked out of BF3 and DB3, but take risk/reward into consideration.

After a JP, F3 or 212 Low grab/F1 BF3.

On opponents knockdown, throw, B2 and F3 are good options. F3 is faster then B2, but I'm pretty sure the recovery on B2 is much better if it whiffs, and also catches any tech rollers. I don't really like to do 212F1 on knockdown because if the opponent stays grounded or tech rolls, you're very open to punishment. B2, and I think F3 catches those who stay grounded, along with D3.

You can punish Mileenas roll with Low Grab.

After en BF3 you're at a very good advantage to DB4, DU, and Fireball if your opponent jumps to avoid those. You can also dash dash B2. In the corner you're guaranteed to do anything really.

Thead

Noob
EPIC advice - all of it! Thank you!

Can't believe I overlooked D4 Fireball. Extremely useful. Thanks for the reply.
B2,1+2~AA Grab will be my new go to punish.

The hit collision on AA Grab is pretty good now.

I knew to punish Mileenas Ball with Low Grab, sorry forgot to mention that! Is their a better punish for Telekick than D1~Grab n Dash?

I take it Enhanced Low Grab is only good for reads on low pokes then?

Edit:

It's appearing so, unable to Ex Low Grab:

Scorpion: B2 (Overhead swords), Takedown
Stryker: Roll Toss
Sub-Zero: Slide
Reptile: Slide, Sweep

Shady

Noob
To be completely honest, I would take pride in being a good Sheeva player if I was in these days because these assholes have completely ruined her reputation online. Every time I see anyone pick Sheeva I can pretty much predict what they're going to do so I'll go straight to Noob and just do teleports right back. It's sad actually to the point where I want to pick up Sheeva just to mirror them and whoop the shit out of them every time I see them do this.

RunwayMafia

To be completely honest, I would take pride in being a good Sheeva player if I was in these days because these assholes have completely ruined her reputation online. Every time I see anyone pick Sheeva I can pretty much predict what they're going to do so I'll go straight to Noob and just do teleports right back. It's sad actually to the point where I want to pick up Sheeva just to mirror them and whoop the shit out of them every time I see them do this.
Thank you! I hate how stupid, mindless noobs have ruined this awesome characters reputation! She OBVIOUSLY can do so much more than just spam the telestomp (which imo, can be a very useful move and can be used to set up mind games and such) ugh...silly fake Sheeva users...

Big Frog

Noob
I am honestly surprised that I don't see more serious Sheeva players. The only good ones I've seen are from this site. You'd think more people would jump all over 4 hit 41%-45% combos.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I thing that the best counter to this is either a char with an air grab, or Quan Chi (since she goes up and comes down, you go DOWN and come DOWN).

As a Sub player, would neurtal jumping into clone work?

RunwayMafia

Frog is right. I'm barely utilizing all she has to offer and I'm tearing people up with her! A smart Sheeva player should never do a naked telestomp directly over Subby...I always go behind him. Baraka is another one who all he has to do is his blade spin and it doesn't matter where Sheeva drops she will get hit ;(

galindo

Noob
i always thought sheeva was a good character, and i tried to use her, but it was hard and unnatural

hopefully this will bring in more sheeva players.
When Sektor en teleports Sheeva stomp, the second hit of the tele actually whiffs sometimes. It's amusing to watch considering how high up in the air she is.♡
happened about 4 times in 2 matches against au digimon

davidovitch

In Europe!
I need some Sheeva advice please (video inside)

As you will be able to see in the video below I have trouble dealing with up close (Kung Lao) pressure. There are several instances where after a blocked 2,4,low hat what I do is d3 and then jump backwards (setting myself up for a dive kick). What should I be doing after a blocked 2,4,low hat? Perhaps after the patch (not yet out in Europe) I can just d4, grab&punch to turn the pressure around?

And in general, what are some ways to deal with pressure when playing as Sheeva? I can get a d1 or d3 in sometimes (though I'm still learning to anti air d1 or standing 1), but how to follow up? It seems all her stronger moves are too slow and if I try to turn the pressure around after a low poke I will just get poked right back out of my advantage?

Thanks for any advice!

[video=youtube_share;fMXe2BnIpGs]http://youtu.be/fMXe2BnIpGs[/video]

TasteTheRainbow

Self-appointed king
Whiffing anti-air grab on hit?

So I was going to post a video to go along with this, but my recorder literally blew up (goddamn shitty ass Dazzles), so I'll let the community help me out with this and figure out if there's any use to this.

Here is a "new piece of tech" (I'm not sure, I've searched but haven't found anything relating to it but I could be dead wrong) I figured. Sheeva's anti-air grab has ungodly fast recovery on whiff, so I figured I'd see what happens after doing 212f1 -> AA grab. 212f1 gives her a hard knockdown for a respectable 15% (19% with jump in). It also leaves the opponent at the TIP of b2,2+1 hit range, just outside of f+4 and the best part is that they are knocked down for what seems like forever and cannot tech roll. Now of course you're sacrificing half your damage for wakeup options, but you literally have time to do anything you wish with that much knockdown time.

Then I've tested with other strings, and it looks like that 212 - aa grab gives enough advantage on hit that when you test with both opponents jumping at the end, Sheeva is a full character's length over them. b1,2 also gives similar advantage tho not as substantial. The advantage on the former seems strong enough that if the opponent does anything to get out, they'll simply get poked out of anything they do if you do a slight step forward into d3, which will then force them to do all kinds of dumb shit, and that's the kind of shit Sheeva likes best.

Any word on this? Uses? Or am I just delusional and should I stick to punching people in the face for 30% but subpar wakeup?

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I've been testing this right now. I still haven't found an effective way to use it in competitive play. 212>AA was the only promising one, and I still haven't gotten it to work. Post patch, Sheeva is Sheeva's best matchup... AGAIN. B1,2,1+2>AA combos only on Sheeva for an awesome combo.

You can just do 212F1, and then dash b2 1+2 without cancelling the first string into AA grab. They can't jump out either.

I don't think 212 or B12 would create enough stagger state, especially considering Sheeva has no fast hitting mids.

And from what I have tested, and not really through good means, cancelling strings into AA grab doesn't give advantage.

Maybe 4 AA grab in the corner, but then you're sacrificing a ton of damage if you're using it as a punisher.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Sheeva's AA buff is HUGE. I cannot emphasize enough that you can pressure with Sheeva with down + 1/3/4 now and if they jump over, still react in time with AA grab. It's THAT fast.

Note that Sheeva's fireball doesn't give her that much advantage on hit. If there's a corner nearby, I would still go with BF3 off a poke, even though it knocks them further back, because on hit and block it's better, so long as they can't backdash after the hit/block due to a corner.